PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk not at practice today

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were rolling BEFORE last week. Then, last week, the loss of any threat of a ground game between the tackles slowed them down. They didn't suck ass, but they didn't have a KC-type of game. That's because 1) the Bills actually have a good defense and 2) they could comfortably play the run from their nickel and dime packages.

Not to mention the 7 INTs, 6 fumbles on offense through 8 weeks. Hard to argue that everything is roses and unicorns for the offense right now. Some don’t like to really look beyond the stats. Brady and Gronk are nowhere near their 2017 levels. There IS time to improve, which is what I expect will happen.

Not to mention the 7 INTs, 6 fumbles on offense through 8 weeks. Hard to argue that everything is roses and unicorns for the offense right now. Some don’t like to really look beyond the stats. Brady and Gronk are nowhere near their 2017 levels. There IS time to improve, which is what I expect will happen.

Brady has made some dumb throws but his INTs have largely come from deflections

This GM BB Draft bashing gotta stop.:D
Sorry. I’m not trying to criticize his drafting. What I was trying to get at is if he really has slowed down, and he’s over the hill, and he has hit a cliff, then BB didn’t do a good enough job trying to get him replaced. I’m sure it’s something other than all the issues I mentioned, and has more to do with nagging injuries to Gronk, and lack of stability at nearly every other offensive weapon position on the field. I also feel that teams have gotten more bold over the years and are far more physical with Gronk. Stop him, or the refs throw a flag. Either way, he isn’t running 50 yards for a TD embarrassing the team.

Sorry. I’m not trying to criticize his drafting. What I was trying to get at is if he really has slowed down, and he’s over the hill, and he has hit a cliff, then BB didn’t do a good enough job trying to get him replaced. I’m sure it’s something other than all the issues I mentioned, and has more to do with nagging injuries to Gronk, and lack of stability at nearly every other offensive weapon position on the field. I also feel that teams have gotten more bold over the years and are far more physical with Gronk. Stop him, or the refs throw a flag. Either way, he isn’t running 50 yards for a TD embarrassing the team.

No need to apologize I just was being funny but your point point was well taken.

Then why renegotiate the contract if he isn’t making decisions based off of it.
Why not? He felt he was under paid.

Who’s acting like they work for the national enquirer or auditioning for first take, isn’t that what all posters dream about including yourself?
I’m no

Reading some of your posts your the king of Hot takes. Let’s not throw stones at glass houses.
Haha. I am the opposite of that. I am always the guy pointing out people are making **** up and prentending things mean something they don’t.

Shut him down for a few weeks after the Packers game
He has playing time incentives in his contract, if I recall correctly. And who's to say he won't be needed to help win those upcoming games? There's a bye week coming up so maybe that will help. Otherwise, I agree with the adage that football players should play.

Let's just cut him already. Anything to pacify all the sowers of forum negativity.

Brady has made some dumb throws but his INTs have largely come from deflections

Yes, but the ones that weren’t his fault were the receiver’s. It’s symptomatic of an offense thay isn’t in sync completely.

We may never see an actual replacement for Gronk in the draft ever again, unless things change substantially in the college game.

Yes, but the ones that weren’t his fault were the receiver’s. It’s symptomatic of an offense thay isn’t in sync completely.

Deflections happen even in offenses that are completely in sync. WRs getting outwrestled for the ball happens even in offenses that are completely in sync.

I'm playing him in fantasy this weekend with my backup on a bye, he better ****ing play!

there is no way he's reaching the incentives.

Think again.

Gronk missed TWO games last season, and still played 79.28% of all offensive snaps. In wk-17, he was active and played 68% of the snaps, but he wasn't targeted at all.

So, in 13 games targeted, Gronk put up:
- 69 receptions (5.3/game)
- 1084 yds (83.4/game)
- 8 TDs (.62/game)

His 2018 incentives are $1.1M EACH for achieving:
- 80% of the snaps (less than 1% more than 2017)
- 70 receptions (1 more than in 2017)
- 1085 yards (1 more than in 2017)
- 9 TDs (1 more than in 2017)

So - how's he doing so far in 2018?
- He's played 80.25% of the offensive snaps, in spite of missing one game.
- He has 29 receptions, so he needs to average only 5.1 receptions/game over the next 8 games to make that incentive.
- He has 448 yards, so he needs to average only 79.6 yds/game over the next 8 games to make that incentive.
- He has only 1 TD, so he needs to average 1 TD/game over the next 8 games to make that incentive (not really a stretch).

IOW, three of his four incentives ($3.3M worth) are still easily within reach, and making the fourth incentive is not at all out of the question.

They were rolling BEFORE last week. Then, last week, the loss of any threat of a ground game between the tackles slowed them down. They didn't suck ass, but they didn't have a KC-type of game. That's because 1) the Bills actually have a good defense and 2) they could comfortably play the run from their nickel and dime packages.

Ahem.

tenor.gif

• Ha Ha
Reactions: jah
Good night for the team. They still struggled at times tonight and still struggled in Buffalo. That they had to empty their bag of tricks should tell you how short handed they are on that side of the ball. And they still scored 31 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back