PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk not at practice today

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why Bill tried to trade him, he's not the same player.

alone_on_preikestolen.jpg
Well, if Bill could see that he’s not the same player, he sure did a piss poor job of finding a replacement.

Won't work well enough to help substantively. Way he's playing, they can get away with single coverage. Even one of our pathetic TE backups will also need single coverage. If they don't cover the backup TE, throw to them. Maybe they'll catch one.
Sit him in an attempt to fix him. He's broken. If we break him further, he won't be available post season.

Someone has to draw double teams. If they single Gronk they have to double Gordon or Edelman. If Gronk doesn’t play, all the coverege will focus on Gordon and Edelman.

I have a feeling he was given the option to rest a couple of games, but he declined due to his incentives, and as a result, ended up aggravating his injuries.

Gronk should fire Rosenhaus for this deal.

I was thinking we could at least use him as a decoy against the Packers and draw some coverage away from Edelman and Gordon. Otherwise, if we lose, we’re going to lose ground to the Chiefs. This is one of those games where we’ll need his presence.

Gronk's been able to be covered effectively by a single S, CB, or LB. That's not much of a decoy. Shut him down and roll with Gordon, Edelman, Hogan, White, and (hopefully) Michel. Bring him back after the bye or for the Vikings game. The back may still be an issue for him but at least the ankle will have time to rest.

Gronk's been able to be covered effectively by a single S, CB, or LB. That's not much of a decoy. Shut him down and roll with Gordon, Edelman, Hogan, White, and (hopefully) Michel. Bring him back after the bye or for the Vikings game. The back may still be an issue for him but at least the ankle will have time to rest.

I hope that’s enough to beat GB. I just worry the offense is going to look like it did in weeks 1-2.

And do we know it’s his ankle? I thought his back was bothering him.

I have a feeling we are starting to see the end of Gronks career. I just don’t think he can take it much longer physically and mentally. He has had some sort of injury every year that he has had to battle to get through.

I don’t think his skills are diminished or he has lost a step, I just think he’s injured and if his contract wasn’t incentive based he would be sitting.

It’s looking more and more that Guerrero’s method may be great for Tom Brady and aging QBs, it’s not so great on players that take a beating every game.

I hope that’s enough to beat GB. I just worry the offense is going to look like it did in weeks 1-2.

It depends on if Michel is ready and if Hollister can get on the field.

It could be multiple injuries and without rest could effect the rest of the year.

I would rather a healthy Gronk in December and January then a half Gronk in November.

We still have one more weapon than we did in weeks 1-2 even without Gronk. The offense really turned around when Edelman came back (plus the addition of Gordon). Even in the game without Gronk, with those two we managed just fine. I prefer to have Rob for sure, but I think with whatever is going on with him, the most important single weapon is Edelman.

We still have one more weapon than we did in weeks 1-2 even without Gronk. The offense really turned around when Edelman came back (plus the addition of Gordon). Even in the game without Gronk, with those two we managed just fine. I prefer to have Rob for sure, but I think with whatever is going on with him, the most important single weapon is Edelman.

It’s probably better that Gronk sits and lose the game than to aggravate his injury. If we get the 2 seed so be it.

He should of never played vs Buffalo.

With Gordon and Edelman and hopefully Michel, it shouldn't.

He's been on the injury report with both and has been limping after plays as recently as two weeks ago.

i hope people remember that we won a superbowl without gronk for the majority of the season.

Gronk is the icing on he cake that is the Tom Brady with a good slot Receiver show.

As long as 11 and 12 are healthy this offense will continue to roll.

It would be easier with Gronk, and i'd rather him get healthy for the end of the season then try to play through whatever is ailing him that's allowing single coverage to contain him for most of the game.

The offense scored 24 and 18 points last 2 games...speaks to how much the O is centered on Michel/ability to run and playaction....love #87, but he's been crap alot of this season. The reason is irrelevant, he hasn't been that great

He's pissed because there is no way he's reaching the incentives. After all he's done for the Patriots I don't like they guy is being treated like a slave.

mmmm could he actually not play Sunday?

You call what the offense did against Buffalo “rolling?”

"29.9"

That's the number of points per game the patriots score. Good for 4th in the league.

Against the bills the patriots put up 400 yards, on the road in a rowdy enviroment. Their #1 running back was a wide receiver, patriots won by 19 points.

The patriots moved down the field with ease against the Bill's and stalled in the red zone a few times. **** happens. Even without the pick six, and with a WR as the #1 ball carrier, the patriots still would have won.

"29.9"

That's the number of points per game the patriots score. Good for 4th in the league.

Against the bills the patriots put up 400 yards, on the road in a rowdy enviroment. Their #1 running back was a wide receiver, patriots won by 19 points.

The patriots moved down the field with ease against the Bill's and stalled in the red zone a few times. **** happens. Even without the pick six, and with a WR as the #1 ball carrier, the patriots still would have won.

20 points by the offense - 1 TD, 4 FGs and ZERO TDs until the 4th quarter. Moving the ball between the 20s with ease is a given in today’s NFL. No, the offense was not good, certainly not “rolling,” against Buffalo.

Last edited:
20 points by the offense and one TD, 4 FGs and ZERO TDs until the 4th quarter. Moving the ball between the 20s with ease is a given in today’s NFL. No the offense was not good, certainly not “rolling.”

#1 rb was a wide receiver.
The offense put up 400 yards.
The offense won by two scores.

That counts as rolling to me. Every game isn't going to be a 30 point blowout, and even with a healthy gronk the team still would have been running out the clock in the 4th quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft