PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 5: We're on to Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Great win by the boys today! We have a short week obviously, but we get to play Indy at home, which makes it a lot easier. A couple of interesting storylines headed into this game:

• Brady can become the THIRD NFL QB of all time to get 500 career (regular season) TDs. Currently he is at 497. Brees is right behind him at 496.
  • Return of Julian Edelman. I can't wait for this. He will open up the offense even more. We saw what the presence of Gordon did today. Will he be rusty?
  • Gronk’s ankle injury - wouldn't be surprised if he sits this week
  • TY Hilton suffered a big injury today vs Houston. It doesn't look good for him for week 5. This makes things a lot easier for Gilmore, who I would imagine would cover their next best receiver in Ryan Grant. Or do you put Gilmore on Jack Doyle?
  • Not sure what Frank Reich was thinking about with his 4th down call today. You basically demoralize your team and give a hated rival their 1st win of the season.

Last edited:
I’d like them torn into even more pieces than Miami’s secondary

Great win by the boys today! We have a short week obviously, but we get to play Indy at home, which makes it a lot easier. A couple of interesting storylines headed into this game:

• Brady can become the THIRD NFL QB of all time to get 500 career (regular season) TDs. Currently he is at 497. Brees is right behind him at 496.
  • Return of Julian Edelman. I can't wait for this. He will open up the offense even more. We saw what the presence of Gordon did today. Will he be rusty?
  • Gronk’s ankle injury - wouldn't be surprised if he sits this week
  • TY Hilton suffered a big injury today vs Houston. It doesn't look good for him for week 5. This makes things a lot easier for Gilmore, who I would imagine would cover their next best receiver in Ryan Grant. Or do you put Gilmore on Jack Doyle?
  • Not sure what Frank Reich was thinking about with his 4th down call today. You basically demoralize your team and give a hated rival their 1st win of the season.

Unless Doyle makes a magical recovery, don't expect him to play this week. He hasn't practiced in 2 weeks due to injury. I expect him to be out again. I'd put Gilmore on Grant or Ebron.

Perfect recipe for home cookin'with indy*traveling to NE and JE returning should Fire Up Gillette. Hopefully Pats can being that MO with them and Gronk is a heathy go.

Time to get the Edelman jersey out

I have one of those Patriots/Superman logo shirts that Edelman came up with. I haven't worn it yet this season and am looking forward to wearing it all day this coming Thursday. It's one of my 2 Patriots lucky shirts. :cool:

86645bee78820306190bc9edfa5126cc-bpfull.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing