PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk and Bennett best TE combo in history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, even Tony Gonzalez would agree.

Gronk is the GOAT, paired with a pro bowl tight end. I'd have to say for sure.

Shannon Sharpe and Ben Coates were on the same team once. Granted Ben was close to being done and Sharpe was on the back 9.

In their primes I might take them over Gronk and Marty

Shannon Sharpe and Ben Coates were on the same team once. Granted Ben was close to being done and Sharpe was on the back 9.

In their primes I might take them over Gronk and Marty

In their primes i still have Gronk/Marty a nod over them. They are so such a good blockers and Sharp isn't much of a blocker.

Hernandez/Gronk be up there to.

Wait until they get into form.

Bennett is getting up to speed
Gronk is fairly healthy and near 100%
Brady is still trending up :D

Basically it's too early to discuss this, but it looks real promising

Last edited:
This discussion is way premature. We judge "the best" on success--Together. The question here is about a tandem, not two separate individuals glued together on paper.

It's only been a total of two games with the tandem at full strength. Do they have the potential to be the best? Absolutely. But let's wait and see if they both make it through the season healthy.

man, that is such a tough one, Key word, in their Primes
Exactly.

For starters I'd take Gronk over all of them. Then Coates. Not sure about Sharpe and Marty. Marty is the better blocker but Sharpe was a great receiver. Tough one.

Wait until they get into form.

Bennett is getting up to speed
Gronk is fairly healthy and near 100%
Brady is still trending up :D

Basically it's too early to discuss this, but it looks real promising
Agree it's early because you want to see how long they can do it, but disagree on "Bennett getting up to speed/Gronk healing." What we saw the last couple of weeks is about the best you'll ever see, and it was amazing.

In their primes i still have Gronk/Marty a nod over them. They are so such a good blockers and Sharp isn't much of a blocker.

Agreed on Sharpe re: blocking

Agree it's early because you want to see how long they can do it, but disagree on "Bennett getting up to speed/Gronk healing." What we saw the last couple of weeks is about the best you'll ever see, and it was amazing.
It is and was glorious and understand where you are coming from.

The thing is they could have a total of 6 catches for 50 yards and no TDs and still have a dominating game (by helping the run game and/or passing game)

Yes, if they can be 100% healthy for a few games at a time. I guess for this to be the case, they need to be healthy for at least one post-season.

Yes, if they can be 100% healthy for a few games at a time. I guess for this to be the case, they need to be healthy for at least one post-season.
then let that game be the SB :D

they have potential. two pro bowl Tight ends. and Bennett is much more of a complete tight end than the murderer.

We have seen the last two weeks that teams have no idea how to gameplan for them

Yeah that one game where Bennet [zona] stayed in and destroyed people shows it. there is no way any team has had two that size who could block and catch that well. 90% of the league never have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes