PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Grigson: "Luck's contract makes it hard to build a defense"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a douche - sounds like he is throwing Luck under the bus for being greedy and not "team friendly". Its surprising that he isn't finding some way to blame the Patriots for this.

Last edited:
It's too bad that Grigson took over the job after the previous signed Luck to that big contract...Oh, wait...

this is not surprising what he said. After all he thought a few psi was the difference between the colts and pats being competitive. Excuses are his norm.

012715-nfl-Bill-Belichick-pi-mp.vresize.1200.675.high.54.jpg

Sorry, he's the runnerup on dumbest GM to the one in my neighborhood
  • I want me some glory hole
  • I knew TB was special (QB) because he married Gisselle
  • His acquisition and defense of Greg Hardy
  • Says it's "absurd" CTE and football is connected
  • I am still so damn mad. I get madder, every day, about missin’ him.” Manziel would “guarantee our relevance for 10 years. I’m still so damn mad at Stephen :D:D:D
...but if Stephen Jones is effectively the Cows GM, then you're right

You know what also makes it hard to build a defense? Spending and wasting top draft picks on offense. 1st round pick for Trent Richardson (currently a free agent).

Hysterical...

Laying blame at the "system" for needing to pay Luck more.

Apparently Grigson is unfamiliar with the ability to draft good defensive players or signing players that can fit in a system.

Hes a slithery, slimy dude. Always shifting blame for his own ****ty team building and soft-as-poop team is a wonderful way to keep your job longer you should. Snake.

Really don't know how Mr. Deflategate sleeps at night.

Im not lucks biggest fan but if 11 qbs have higher cap hits than him then its more than a fair # to spend on your qb, comparatively based on his skills.

Even if it wasnt, you still dont SAY it lmao

First of all, thanks to the OP for finding and posting this. Damn good work!

Second. Is Grigson TRYING to get fired? I mean, maybe he has a cushy, ironclad contract and he's gotten tired of tripping over pills and drug paraphernalia in the hallway and has decided he wants to get fired.

Otherwise, blaming your team's performance on the most important Contract you've negotiated as GM is probably not a great way to endear yourself to a) players, b) the owner, c) the fans and d) the media.

Well, that statement should get Grigson fired. also, Pagano must be dancing a jig right now, because Grigson just gave him a "get out of jail free" card.
Good one! Thanks. I missed that angle.

Shouldn't have fired Polian. Colts had some really underrated defenses from 05-09ish.

So doesn't Grigson's dumb-ness.

This is still the vastly underrated part of the TB12 tenure. He takes team friendly deals in exchange for a chance at immortality. In return he gets it all ...and more!

Mods please delete this thread as we don't want any negative information to get out about Grigson. They might actually fire him and replace him with someone competent.

Why? It's not like they read anything in inbred Indy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes