PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Grigson: "Luck's contract makes it hard to build a defense"

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this negativity about Grigson when he basically gifted us Malcom Brown. Geez, how soon we forget. :D

Sorry, he's the runnerup on dumbest GM to the one in my neighborhood
  • I want me some glory hole
  • I knew TB was special (QB) because he married Gisselle
  • His acquisition and defense of Greg Hardy
  • Says it's "absurd" CTE and football is connected
  • I am still so damn mad. I get madder, every day, about missin’ him.” Manziel would “guarantee our relevance for 10 years. I’m still so damn mad at Stephen :D:D:D
...but if Stephen Jones is effectively the Cows GM, then you're right

Granted, I said "dumbest GM comment made THIS MONTH". ;) I bet if we started a tally of dumb GM comments made in the last 2 years, there wouldn't be enough bandwidth on this forum to fit them all.

how many defensive players did they draft in the first round
Hysterical...

Laying blame at the "system" for needing to pay Luck more.

Apparently Grigson is unfamiliar with the ability to draft good defensive players or signing players that can fit in a system.

Hes a slithery, slimy dude. Always shifting blame for his own ****ty team building and soft-as-poop team is a wonderful way to keep your job longer you should. Snake.

Really don't know how Mr. Deflategate sleeps at night.

Another Gm who is going to run a good coach out of town. I know People around here do not like Pagano, but he can coach

Granted, I said "dumbest GM comment made THIS MONTH". ;) I bet if we started a tally of dumb GM comments made in the last 2 years, there wouldn't be enough bandwidth on this forum to fit them all.

Another 2000 pages of threads on PatsFans? :D

grigson is a clown. i hope he stays with the dolts for as long as possible.

I really just do not have any idea how:
1) he ever got a job
2) he still has a job and
D) you select a one-dimensional WR when your team is set at the position meanwhile your DL absolutely blows and there was a Top 15 talent at DL when you picked said WR

3) irsay's drug dealer

In related news, the Colts have announced that Ryan Grigson's contract has been extended until 2024.
Your lips to god's ear.

We can only hope that the triumvirate of ineptitude continues on in Indianapolis for many years, and those fans continue to get the team that they deserve. The junkie owner, the idiot GM and the suspect HC are 3 of a kind that can't beat a pair of deuces.

It is sad in a way to see such a good young QB like Andrew Luck throw away his prime years trying to carry that disaster of a roster. Those of us who are old enough can remember the shell that Jim Plunkett became after the beat down he suffered when he was here. It took him a few years of relative inactivity before he salvaged his career in Oakland

I'm just afraid that this latest joke of a statement by Grigson might force the Colts into a change. His claim is literally indefensible and the bloodthirsty mediots will be incapable to ignore it, because it is such an easy target.. And the Colts will make the inevitable step from being just a bad team, to a laughingstock team with the idiot GM

Last edited:
GM throws only-reason-why-he-still-has-a-job under the bus. This will go well.

It is sad in a way to see such a good young QB like Andrew Luck throw away his prime years trying to carry that disaster of a roster. Those of us who are old enough can remember the shell that Jim Plunkett became after the beat down he suffered when he was here. It took him a few years of relative inactivity before he salvaged his career in Oakland.

I don't have much sympathy for Luck's predicament at this point. No one forced him to sign that contract extension. He could very easily have let himself get franchised in 2017, franchised again in 2018, and then signed a huge deal with a competent organization the next offseason. Yes, he'd take on the risk of a career ending injury. But the franchise money is fully guaranteed once the contract is signed, and the 2016 5th year option money plus the 2017 franchise money (not to mention 2018 franchise money if no career ending injury before then) is more than enough to set him and his immediate family up for life financially. Luck made his deal with the devil, he has to live with the consequences.

how many defensive players did they draft in the first round

Another Gm who is going to run a good coach out of town. I know People around here do not like Pagano, but he can coach

No, he really can't. Like the bizarro version of Belichick and Brady, I think the truth here is that they're both terrible. Neither gets a pass on account of the other one sucking; remove one and leave the other, and you still have a **** team.

No, he really can't. Like the bizarro version of Belichick and Brady, I think the truth here is that they're both terrible. Neither gets a pass on account of the other one sucking; remove one and leave the other, and you still have a **** team.

I think he does a pretty good job considering the players hes been given

Last edited:
One play, Luck and Pagano took teams that belonged no where near the playoffs, to the playoffs, and to a conference championship game

I actually do think Pagano is a decent coach.

3 straight 11-5 seasons.
8-8 last year with the franchise QB banged up.
3-3 postseason record.

The numbers support your claim.

He made some bonehead moves last year. There is no debating that.

Hes not trending in the right direction. Until the 4th qtr, they were lifeless in London. They were not ready to play that game. If SD had a brain the Dolts should be 0-4.

The problem in Indy is Grigson. If Polian or a good GM was there they'd be in a better place but Pagano is not doing his team any favors by not being ready to play and making strategic errors.

What he should have said was "when you have a GM like me, its going take time to figure out that constantly drafting wide receivers in the first round doesn't build a good team on the other side of the ball. I mean give me a break after 5 years i just got started trying to figure this o-line thing out."

2012 NFL Draft R01.P01 - Andrew Luck (QB), R2.P34 - Coby Fleener (TE)
2013 NFL Draft R01.P24 - Bjorn Werner (DE)
2014 NFL Draft R01 - Traded, R02.P29 - Jack Mewhort (OL)
2015 NFL Draft R01.P29 - Phillip Dorsett (WR), R02 - Traded
2016 NFL Draft R01.P18 - Ryan Kelly (C), R02.P57 - T.J. Green (CB)

2012 NFL Draft R01.P21 - Chandler Jones (DE), R.01.P25 - Dont'a Hightower (LB), R2.P48 - Tavon Wilson (S)
2013 NFL Draft R01 - Traded, R02.P54 - Jamie Collins (LB), R02.P59 Aaron Dobson (WR)
2014 NFL Draft R01.P29 - Domonique Easley (DT), R02.P62 - Jimmy Garoppolo (QB)
2015 NFL Draft R01.P32 - Malcom Brown (DT), R02.P64 - Jordan Richards (S)
2016 NFL Draft R01 - Stolen, R02.P60 - Cyrus Jones (CB)

One GM knows what he's doing, the other has NFI. Take a guess Grigson you slimy, jealous bastard.

collins-hightower-blue.jpg

I really just do not have any idea how:
1) he ever got a job
2) he still has a job and
D) you select a one-dimensional WR when your team is set at the position meanwhile your DL absolutely blows and there was a Top 15 talent at DL when you picked said WR

...and said prospect is then drafted immediately by one of your historical rivals at a need position and looks like he's going to be there for the next 10 years.

RW, I respectfully disagree. Pagano is a horrid coach, in my opinion. He just flat-out blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News