PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Grigson: "Luck's contract makes it hard to build a defense"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to say that when you got Brady the best to ever do it playing for you every Sunday, we all saw a glimpse of what life after Brady could possibly look like last Sunday if you had to live through a season of that, you'd happily pay an Andrew Luck level player $20m a season.

That iswhy teams do it. Youngsters don't remember the Taliferros and Watsdons, the Millesna nd worse, I do!!!
I actually do think Pagano is a decent coach.

3 straight 11-5 seasons.
8-8 last year with the franchise QB banged up.
3-3 postseason record.

The numbers support your claim.

He made some bonehead moves last year. There is no debating that.

Hes not trending in the right direction. Until the 4th qtr, they were lifeless in London. They were not ready to play that game. If SD had a brain the Dolts should be 0-4.

The problem in Indy is Grigson. If Polian or a good GM was there they'd be in a better place but Pagano is not doing his team any favors by not being ready to play and making strategic errors.

The problem is ALWAYS ownership.

The Colts were just unlucky, no pun intended, for instance had Malcom Brown actually fallen to them then they would have gotten the big DT they desperately needed instead of having to take the 5'8 WR they didn't need. And it's not Grigsons fault that Werner sucked either, how is he supposed to know his draft picks sucked?

colts fan.png
Just another of life's little disappointments for Colts fans.

That iswhy teams do it. Youngsters don't remember the Taliferros and Watsdons, the Millesna nd worse, I do!!!

The problem is ALWAYS ownership.
Good ownership can provide stability and leadership however you can still have bad GMs and coaches.

The Colts were just unlucky, no pun intended, for instance had Malcom Brown actually fallen to them then they would have gotten the big DT they desperately needed instead of having to take the 5'8 WR they didn't need. And it's not Grigsons fault that Werner sucked either, how is he supposed to know his draft picks sucked?

Not sure if you're joking or not but the Colts passed on Malcolm Brown to take a WR.

I thought it was obvious but I laughed my ass off when they picked Dorsett and couldn't believe Brown made it to us, it reminded me of Wilfork falling into our laps.

Don't mind me. I find the obvious elusive at times.

Don't mind me. I find the obvious elusive at times.

It's hilarious just how clueless Grigson is, the Patriots got screwed hard by the Colts and the NYJNFL but it's the Colts who have swirled down the toilet bowl since that AFCCG. Grigson is running them into the ground and both he and Pagano will be gone after this season, and he must know that and is actually throwing the crackhead Irsay under the bus as he is making it sound like Irsay was the one behind the Luck contract and not him, which is probably true.

I found the question about Luck in Mailbag: Is Andrew Luck the new Dan Marino? to have a lot of interesting info about exactly how bad things are for Luck these days. In particular:
The Colts' offensive line has allowed 15 sacks this season, the most in the NFL. The line has also given up 31 QB hits in four weeks, ranking them 31st in the league. Luck is on pace to be sacked 60 times this season. That's David Carr madness.
The bottom line is there really isn't much talent on the roster, and that's all on Grigson.

There's a pretty interesting theory floating around that Luck has been so beaten down by all the sacks that he's now got the "yips" and will never be the player he clearly was on course to becoming. Time will tell if that's true, but for now, it seems pretty solid to me.

I wonder what his excuse is for the other years when Luck's contract wasn't an issue. They've consistently had a terrible defense, only once finishing in the top 10 in points or yards allowed.

Year: Rank in Points Allowed/Rank in Yards Allowed
2012: 21/26
2013: 9/20
2014: 19/11
2015: 25/26
2016: 30/25

They've always been near the back of the pack, even with Luck's rookie contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back