PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Schiano to be named DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick! Who's the last non hardass coach to win more than one Super Bowl?

I wouldn’t call Belichick a hardass. I’m talking about coaches who like to think they’re USMC drill instructors.

I wouldn’t call Belichick a hardass. I’m talking about coaches who like to think they’re USMC drill instructors.

Belichick is absolutely a hardass.

BB is as hard as any head coach when it comes to the physical reps and such. Where he separates from most is the mental aspect of the game wherein he demands constant attention to and implementing of the gameplan every week.Some players cannot play with such week in and out pressure on them, others thrive.

Belichick is absolutely a hardass.

he's a hardass in prep and expectation, but i think the difference people are trying to point to is that BB won't scream at you to do something right, he will request it one on one more often than not, he will call out players for miscues, but in an effort to improve them, not to show he has control over them, if you don't listen to him he wont try to grind you to a pulp, he will simply choose to take you off teh field

he's a hardass in prep and expectation, but i think the difference people are trying to point to is that BB won't scream at you to do something right, he will request it one on one more often than not, he will call out players for miscues, but in an effort to improve them, not to show he has control over them, if you don't listen to him he wont try to grind you to a pulp, he will simply choose to take you off teh field

Some of you must never listen to the stories that the players themselves tell us. I'll leave it at that.

Some people don't need to scream yet still make you feel like a piece of gum on the bottom of your shoe if they want to. That's a real azzh*le, which apparently BB can be at times.

Yikes! After reading the thread, I'm suddenly concerned that Schiano:
  • is coming to NE expecting to install his own defense and control the game planning decisions
  • motivates by screaming at people and has no capacity to flex his leadership/coaching style
  • hasn't learned anything over the past few years and is thus probably incapable of learning
And that Belichick is unaware of these things and made the hire without thinking through issues such as delegation and distribution of responsibilities, the impact of Schiano on the team's culture, and more.

Yikes! After reading the thread, I'm suddenly concerned that Schiano:
  • is coming to NE expecting to install his own defense and control the game planning decisions
  • motivates by screaming at people and has no capacity to flex his leadership/coaching style
  • hasn't learned anything over the past few years and is thus probably incapable of learning
And that Belichick is unaware of these things and made the hire without thinking through issues such as delegation and distribution of responsibilities, the impact of Schiano on the team's culture, and more.

Is this supposed to be sarcasm?

Aggressive style doesn’t necessarily mean more pressure on the QB. Blitzes get picked up, which cause aggressive defenses to get shredded.

Having a solid secondary helps when that happens......as well as having blitzers that can overwhelm protectors, but you knew that....Choosing when and who blitzes and which teams have trouble picking up blitzes....leave that up to BB and Schiano......

I give GS the benefit of his experience as a HC and BB's trust in him...we'll see how that works out....

Having a solid secondary helps when that happens......as well as having blitzers that can overwhelm protectors, but you knew that....Choosing when and who blitzes and which teams have trouble picking up blitzes....leave that up to BB and Schiano......

I give GS the benefit of his experience as a HC and BB's trust in him...we'll see how that works out....
Nothing in my comment states that I don’t have confidence actually quote the opposite.
I was referring to your blanket statement that more pressure is a good thing because selling out to get it is a very bad thing when it gets picked up.

I think you read things into posts that aren't there.......I've noticed you like to be the contrarian in this group....or is it just me?

Some people don't need to scream yet still make you feel like a piece of gum on the bottom of your shoe if they want to. That's a real azzh*le, which apparently BB can be at times.
Ever hear of Wally Pipp?

I think you read things into posts that aren't there.......I've noticed you like to be the contrarian in this group....or is it just me?
The majority of what I post is in response to common misconceptions.
Your post appeared to imply the common misconception that more aggressive defense is better defense. If I misunderstood what you said, my bad.

When do we expect to hear it officially announced?

When do we expect to hear it officially announced?

I have a feeling it won't be for a while. It will be interesting who is at the scouting combine for new coaches and what their role may be.

Per usual...someone with Patriots credentials we didn't expect will be there.

Listen to Mark Schofield on Locked on Patriots podcast where he plays an excerpt of a Greg Schiano clinic while at Rutgers:

Megaphone: A Modern Podcasting Platform by Panoply

Can see how Schiano's defensive principles mesh with those of BB.

Interesting that all the Rutgers secondary players (both McCourtys, Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon) have had decent hands compared to many other defensive backs around the leagues.

Listen to Mark Schofield on Locked on Patriots podcast where he plays an excerpt of a Greg Schiano clinic while at Rutgers:

Megaphone: A Modern Podcasting Platform by Panoply

Can see how Schiano's defensive principles mesh with those of BB.

Interesting that all the Rutgers secondary players (both McCourtys, Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon) have had decent hands compared to many other defensive backs around the leagues.

I think it's this one:

Locked On Patriots February 11, 2019 - Greg Sch...

So far really interesting to listen to; sounds like he'll be a good fit here.

BB has high expectations for every player and the team as a whole, does that make him a "hardass"?? From what I have heard BB is less apt to yell and scream at players, instead he likes to prod players in team meetings regarding stupid plays that they have made the week before..

When Schiano was announced the idiots on the radio were all concerned about his aggressive style as a coach, my response to all of this BB will not let any one guy upset the balance of this team.. he is not listening to Bon Jovi on those headphones, he is still in charge and this is his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back