PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great job on FA day three! Pleased with the front office?

Funny story. When that movie came out, I got my wife a little tipsy one night and she revealed that she thought Russell Crowe was hot, etc.

Fast-forward to now and I give her a hard time about it every so often and throw this photo at her considering I'm still in decent shape and he's, well:

View attachment 57120

The guy is twitter awesome. Still acting, still in a band, still engaging with people when he hits the street.

If they can fill QB and LT with two top 40 picks, so be it. They can get an elite X receiver next season, assuming the receivers they pick in remaining rounds don't pan out.

This was never going to be a 1 year rebuild.
I think the IBWTers are waiting to pounce if we win 6 games this year. "See! See! Bill wasn't the problem!"

If they can fill QB and LT with two top 40 picks, so be it. They can get an elite X receiver next season, assuming the receivers they pick in remaining rounds don't pan out.

This was never going to be a 1 year rebuild.
From what I can gather people are upset because their expectations were set too high by the "burn some cash" and "weaponize" lines. Rookie mistakes by guys not used to dealing with the media. I never bought into either of those lines. Free Agency is where you can add stopgap piece or two or add depth. You can't build a team through Free Agency. That has to be done in the draft.

You can "burn cash" all you want but if the team is hamstrung by overpriced contracts to mediocre players (Parker and Juju anyone?) you wouldn't be happy either.

Manage your expectations. It's going to be a few years before this team is anywhere close to good. Getting angry and frustrated in the first week of FA in Year 1 of the rebuild is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Kontra was banned too? What the heck did he do?
@Ian made the decision based on the fact that posters were complaining about being challenged by Kontra and Dingle. @Ian chose to side with the complaining team as opposed to Kontra and Dingle, to reduce the drama.
This is 1000% not true. I explained to you multiple times why they were removed. Dingle started posting politics all over the main forum after repeatedly being told not to. That happened because he was upset about being locked out of a thread after I had asked people to tone things down. And Kontra was removed after making a post that was absolutely shocking about one of our posters who lost their spouse.

They weren't removed due to complaints, and it had zero to do with me "siding with anybody." They were removed due to their own decisions and actions. I don't ever ban anybody due to "complaints" - that's a ridiculous narrative that is 100% false.

And no, once it reaches that extreme point where a poster is banned - generally after multiple attempts to avoid that scenario - it's over and done with. I don't reinstate anybody because if I banned them - it's because they blatantly ignored whatever discussion we had ahead of that happening.

Last edited:
Kontra was banned too? What the heck did he do?
To Ian's credit, he has been honest about his decision to issue life bans to reduce drama in his personal PMs.

And no, that's not a reason anyone is ever banned - and with all due respect - that's beyond idiotic and given my stance when it comes to bans, that would absolutely never happen. You insinuated I had an ulterior motive behind removing people. I stated I don't ever come on here looking for a fight or looking to ban anybody. My general preference is just to come on here after work and hang out with everybody and not have to mediate disagreements with grown adults or people causing problems.

It sort of feels like you read a handful of sentences that night and skipped the rest, but your coming on here with falsehoods with @captain stone is extremely frustrating. Especially when he's been around long enough where he knows better.

Last edited:
Lol OP's meltdown continues.

I think the IBWTers are waiting to pounce if we win 6 games this year. "See! See! Bill wasn't the problem!"
But those same guys refuse to acknowledge the team is in the disastrous position it's in because of Bill. Instead, they pivot and blame Kraft for all of Bills' wrong decisions the last 4 seasons. It's hilarious watching Upstutter, VrabelJr, Woozy, and the rest of these triggered posters, trying to reinvent history to protect Bill's legacy. As if he needs it.

This is 1000% not true. I explained to you multiple times why they were removed. Dingle started posting politics all over the main forum after repeatedly being told not to. That happened because he was upset about being locked out of a thread after I had asked people to tone things down. And Kontra was removed after making a post that was absolutely shocking about one of our posters who lost their spouse.

They weren't removed due to complaints, and it had zero to do with me "siding with anybody." They were removed due to their own decisions and actions. I don't ever ban anybody due to "complaints" - that's a ridiculous narrative that is 100% false.

And no, once it reaches that extreme point where a poster is banned - generally after multiple attempts to avoid that scenario - it's over and done with. I don't reinstate anybody because if I banned them - it's because they blatantly ignored whatever discussion we had ahead of that happening.
You banned @crawhammer over complaints. That's a fact. All craw did was post FACTS. He never broke any forum rules, but Team Bill couldn't argue against his facts, so they used Ashley to ban him from threads, and ultimately, you tossed him because you didn't like him being repetitive.

I'm sure you'll come up with a rationalization to justify what you did. But the thing is, you sabotaged your own "mute" and "block" features, which anyone can use at any time, BECAUSE OF THE COMPLAINTS.

Don't deny it. You caved to the snowflakes.

Craw had a lot of factually accurate historical information. The worse part of it is, he was RIGHT. Everything he said turned out to be true. All the whining little *****es from Team Bill were DEAD WRONG. Yet, here they are, still *****ing about how evil Kraft is for firing Bill.

You banned @crawhammer over complaints. That's a fact. All craw did was post FACTS. He never broke any forum rules, but Team Bill couldn't argue against his facts, so they used Ashley to ban him from threads, and ultimately, you tossed him because you didn't like him being repetitive.

I'm sure you'll come up with a rationalization to justify what you did. But the thing is, you sabotaged your own "mute" and "block" features, which anyone can use at any time, BECAUSE OF THE COMPLAINTS.

Craw had a lot of factually accurate historical information. The worse part of it is, he was RIGHT. Everything he said turned out to be true. All the whining little *****es from Team Bill were DEAD WRONG. Yet, here they are, still *****ing about how evil Kraft is for firing Bill.
No, crawhammer was ultimately banned because he kept inserting the Tom vs Bill into every thread, even though I had quite a few conversations with him asking him not to. He did the six-degrees of Kevin Bacon thing in every thread, rather than understand there were other threads about that topic. And yes, it reached a point where it became massively disruptive, and it resulted in page after page of him going at it with people derailing quite a few threads where it started in a topic that was completely unrelated to it.

No, crawhammer was ultimately banned because he kept inserting the Tom vs Bill into every thread, even though I had quite a few conversations with him asking him not to. He did the six-degrees of Kevin Bacon thing in every thread, rather than understand there were other threads about that topic. And yes, it reached a point where it became massively disruptive, and it resulted in page after page of him going at it with people derailing quite a few threads where it started in a topic that was completely unrelated to it.
Disruptive to who? Not to me or any of the posters that engaged with him.

You're admitting that it was Disruptive to a few snowflakes that kept on complaining and you had enough. Instead of telling them:
Use the ****ing MUTE/BLOCK features that I spent countless hours making sure they worked.

Fact is, this is a football forum. Bill vs Brady is a football topic of keen interest to Patriots fans. Craw didn't discuss politics. Craw didn't swear at anyone. Yet, you chose to ban a good poster over complaints, which is total bull ****. You should let him back in, given he was right about everything he said. Bill is gone now. Team Bill has been neutered. It shouldn't be a problem.

C'mon man, craw, kontra, dingle and even Inspamo all essentially committed suicide by cop.
Craw was the only one out of that group that never discussed politics. That's a huge difference, given it's a football forum, and that's all he talked about.

You're admitting that it was Disruptive to a few snowflakes that kept on complaining and you had enough. Instead of telling them:
Use the ****ing MUTE/BLOCK features that I spent countless hours making sure they worked.

Fact is, this is a football forum. Bill vs Brady is a football topic of keen interest to Patriots fans. Craw didn't discuss politics. Craw didn't swear at anyone. Yet, you chose to ban a good poster over complaints, which is total bull ****. You should let him back in, given he was right about everything he said. Bill is gone now. Team Bill has been neutered. It shouldn't be a problem.
I'll give you that on the politics. But aside from that, yeah, not going to argue about this. He is someone I actually do feel bad about to an extent because he just couldn't help himself. But literally every thread was wiped out at one point due to that issue, and he and I talked about it. It wasn't anyone who reported it. You literally went into each thread and by page whatever, that's where it ended up. It was ridiculous. I counted it one day and half of the top threads contained page after page about it. He was ridiculously prolific in that regard, and not in a good way.

Again, never said it couldn't be discussed, but there were threads already open about it. But there didn't need to be that Brady vs Bill in every single thread - regardless of what side of the fence people fall on. It was absolutely ridiculous. And FYI - I went to bat for him because ashley had banned him from a ton of threads, which I wasn't aware of and I stepped in there. But it ended up going the way it did because again, the guy just couldn't help himself. And it's unfortunate.

Craw was the only one out of that group that never discussed politics. That's a huge difference, given it's a football forum, and that's all he talked about.

At the end of the day peeing on the rug is peeing on the rug. How many times does a host have to tell a guest to knock it off before he throws the guest out of the party? Keep in mind you're talking with a mosslost (RIP) fan

Last edited:
I'll give you that on the politics. But aside from that, yeah, not going to argue about this. He is someone I actually do feel bad about to an extent because he just couldn't help himself. But literally every thread was wiped out at one point due to that issue, and he and I talked about it. It wasn't anyone who reported it. You literally went into each thread and by page whatever, that's where it ended up. It was ridiculous. I counted it one day and half of the top threads contained page after page about it. He was ridiculously prolific in that regard, and not in a good way.

Again, never said it couldn't be discussed, but there were threads already open about it. But there didn't need to be that Brady vs Bill in every single thread - regardless of what side of the fence people fall on. It was absolutely ridiculous. And FYI - I went to bat for him because ashley had banned him from a ton of threads, which I wasn't aware of and I stepped in there. But it ended up going the way it did because again, the guy just couldn't help himself. And it's unfortunate.
That's fine, its your forum. To me, it's 100% censorship, but whatever.

That's fine, its your forum. To me, it's 100% censorship, but whatever.
I don't know what to say, I can't tell you how to see it. All I can tell you is that you can't have the same people spamming about the same thing in thread after thread, where it's completely unrelated. I kept trying to move those posts out and into the appropriate threads, but we're talking 25-30+ posts in some cases in multiple threads, which is exhausting. And it absolutely ruined threads where discussions were going on about the OP, but they got buried by it pages later and you'd have to scroll through multiple pages to find anyone talking about what the thread was intended for.

Again, tried to let it go, and asked him not to slip down that rabbit hole in every thread. Even created that conversation mute primarily because it was so out of hand, but it would create multiple blank pages (and each thread is 25 posts long), so that created a new problem. "It is what is."

But those same guys refuse to acknowledge the team is in the disastrous position it's in because of Bill. Instead, they pivot and blame Kraft for all of Bills' wrong decisions the last 4 seasons. It's hilarious watching Upstutter, VrabelJr, Woozy, and the rest of these triggered posters, trying to reinvent history to protect Bill's legacy. As if he needs it.
The script has flipped where many that defended Bill will want Mayo to fail to prove a point. Even when Bill was here and the team dragged themselves to that last Super Bowl victory, the roster was deteriorating.

Ashley did have posters she regular sought out and targeted with Craw being one of them. However, the last I saw of Craw was he/she continually arguing with Ian over trivial stuff.

Ashley did have posters she regular sought out and targeted with Craw was one of them.
And I didn't agree with it, and it happened with a few other people as well and I wasn't happy when I found that out.

At the end of the day peeing on the rug is peeing on the rug. How many times does a host have to tell a guest to knock it off before he throws the guest out of the party?
...and that aggression will not stand.
Keep in mind you're talking with a mosslost (RIP) fan
There should be a pub forum just for Mosslost and his fans.

Craw was not a good poster. He was incredibly disruptive.

He was DropKickFlutie with better grammar and a broader vocabulary.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back