PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great job on FA day one! Pleased with the front office.

thecore762

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Front office and Mayo had a great day one in free agency.

Resigning Bourne on a solid deal.
Cutting slowmo Parker.
Resigning Onwenu to a solid deal for 3 years.
Signing JB to a year deal for only 8 mil.
Trading noodle arm Jones for a 6th round pick.

Overall the front office has made the right moves.
Now we need that QB to work out in the draft by year two if he is sitting behind JB on year one.
Hoping we also find another solid o-line guy in there early in the draft and maybe a solid WR.

You must be new here. This type of optimism is not allowed here! Jk
Conan Obrien This Is Unacceptable GIF by Team Coco

What are people looking at with Brisset?

He has never had a winning season and his play has been erratic.

They are looking for a bridge mentor of high character who can help teach our rookie QB the AVP offense. Period. Full stop. Why is this such a hard concept for people to grasp?

Im okay with day one, still haven’t lost out on anyone that i truly felt we needed to get. Still a few tackles and recievers out there.

Good start.
Parker’s release surprised me, though I haven’t really looked at the dead cost.

Not getting Wilson back at that price bummed me out (binkie). But I’m pretty sure Mayo and Hightower know that area off the field a wee bit better than I do. Don’t really know Takitaki.

Last edited:
I like that we kept the guys on this roster we needed to keep - Onwenu & Bourne... And will most likely keep Dugger in the fold. That's a good start on Day 1.

I'm not a huge fan of his, but I don't mind this signing because it's 1 year. Maybe he ends up backing up the rookie or Zappe, or maybe he starts a few games before the rookie is ready. We know he is at least a capable NFL player that is able (albeit not at the rate that we all want) to win games.

Perfect demeanor, staff knows him, won't turn it over, not expensive. Not exciting though - a more physical version of Hoyer.

Here's here to coach whoever the draftee is. Myself, I would have rather had Flacco, he has more "pelts" has Parcells would have said, but he's here to show whoever The New Kid is what to do. Better than Mac, not as good as getting 47 year old Brady out of the press box.

I see it as a signal that we're focusing on team building this coming season, not a playoff run.

That is, unless our QB draftee pulls a CJ Stroud and becomes a productive starter in the first month of the season.

Good start.
Parker’s release surprised me, though I haven’t really looked at the dead cost.

Not getting Wilson back at that price bummed me out (binkie). But I’m pretty sure Mayo and Hightower know that area off the field a wee bit better than I do. Don’t really know Takitaki.
Dead cap is just over 12.2m for this year and just over 2.6m next year.

I did not like signing Gibson. There were much better options. Otherwise it was good even though we overpaid for Onwenu.

We need another OL and WR. I don't trust us to get WR right in the draft.

I did not like signing Gibson. There were much better options. Otherwise it was good even though we overpaid for Onwenu.

We need another OL and WR. I don't trust us to get WR right in the draft.
Felt a letdown when I heard they were in on Barkley…then I saw Barkley’s deal.

Why not? We have new (de facto) GM.
Yeah, I am with you on that program. I'd rather get one or two in the draft than overpay for someone else's castoffs. Ridley has his share of issues. While I do not bear the player any ill will, I'd rather not be the team investing millions in a guy who could implode at any minute. There's other options at WR out there, but put me in the camp that Ridley can go play someplace else.

It's not about collecting talent, it's about building a team.

Front office and Mayo had a great day one in free agency.

Resigning Bourne on a solid deal.
Cutting slowmo Parker.
Resigning Onwenu to a solid deal for 3 years.
Signing JB to a year deal for only 8 mil.
Trading noodle arm Jones for a 6th round pick.

Overall the front office has made the right moves.
Now we need that QB to work out in the draft by year two if he is sitting behind JB on year one.
Hoping we also find another solid o-line guy in there early in the draft and maybe a solid WR.
Resigning a few solid pieces and jettisoning the flotsam gives me some hope for the distant future.
But setting my pom poms aside for honest reflection.....As of 8:14am on Day 2 of free agency the team has not upgraded any position that will impact game day.

With pom poms back in hand and popcorn ready, let's hope Wolf and company can convince at least one foundation piece-ish free agent to come to sunny NE.

Felt a letdown when I heard they were in on Barkley…then I saw Barkley’s deal.
Eagles going all in Great Signing they are going opt be tough they have the WR's already.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back