PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great job on FA day three! Pleased with the front office?

One-If-By-Sea

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Youse guys are not excited about having the most cap space in the NFL over the next two years and signing Nick Leverett and Armon Watts? What the f@ck is wrong with you? @thecore762 and @203Pat are still telling us how amazing this FA is and they can not wait until the draft starts. BB is fired and we are still being outbid on WRs by teams that have no cap space. Amazing that Kontra and Dingelberry are banned and this has become the Orchids of Asia message board.

Last edited:
Youse guys are not excited about having the most cap space in the NFL over the next two years and signing Nick Leverett and Armon Watts? What the f@ck is wrong with you? @thecore762 and @203Pat are still telling us how amazing this FA is and they can not wait until the draft starts. BB is fired and we are still being outbid on WRs by teams that have no cap space. Amazing that Kontra and Dingelberry are banned and this has become the Orchids of Asia message board.
I've said it a few times now, but it is what it is. They finished at the bottom of the league last season and have a roster that matches their record, which top-tier guys clearly have no interest in coming to. They got outbid for a guy who didn't want to come here and likely wouldn't have come here without an offer closer to $26 or $28 million annually with more guaranteed money, which would have been ridiculous.

They've retained 11 players, including several key ones. On offense, they brought back Onwenu (that would have left a big hole), re-signed Henry and Bourne, replaced Gesicki (Austin Hooper), and have started adding depth at positions of need, albeit they still need to address receiver, and it could come through a trade given how things played out with Ridley since it's clear it's going to be tough to lure guys here.

I'm sure they're not done. But I mean, it is what it is. Takes two sides to get a deal done and what's gone down hasn't been from a lack of effort. The Brissett signing is what it is. He's a decent player and he knows Van Pelt's system and he'll hold it down for a year for whoever they draft next month. They weren't getting Mayfield, Cousins, etc.

But on offense, the team stinks - nobody wants to play here. It is what it is. And it's going to remain challenging until that changes.

Meanwhile, they've also quietly made some smart moves to bring key guys back on defense, (Jennings, and Dugger), and added Sione Takitaki, who is actually a pretty good player. That group is also getting back Daniel Eukale and Christian Gonzalez, albeit they still could use another corner and additional secondary depth, along with more help up front.

I mean, it's March 13th. It sucks Bill's gone, I would have preferred hiring Wolf/Highsmith and keeping Belichick, but that obviously wouldn't have worked, and again - there's nothing we can do about it. I mean, nobody's thrilled with what's gone down. But that's where we're at.

And the two you mentioned aren't here for reasons that have already been covered and were removed due to posts that had nothing to do with football. I'm not going to rehash that again.

So I guess the question I have is, what else do you want people to say? Are we supposed to spend the offseason lamenting Bill's departure? Call for Kraft's head? Scream for Jonathan to force his dad to sell the team? :confused:

Had a few waters with dinner, eh? :whistle:

But on offense, the team stinks - nobody wants to play here. It is what it is. And it's going to remain challenging until that changes.
There’s a simple solution to change this:

Draft the right QB.

You do that, the whole situation changes. Guys will actually want to come here.

LOL! Be careful - you are complaining. Some hollier than thou Pats fandom gatekeeper will get their panties all twisted (no disrespect to the ladies) and ask you to go root for another team because their 12 year old emotional maturity cannot handle random online questioning of the team.

Moving on. Yeah it's a bit disappointing so far. I was hoping for one of the elite FA RBs, a stud WR and a couple good OLs but no cigar. Maybe they think they are a couple years away and so want to save some of the cap.

I dont like it though. They should get as much offensive talent to make the rookie QB's life as easy as possible. Also why are they doing so many short term contracts? That does not build long term continuity. But the moves are not all bad. They seem to be well measured and did some good things and I liked the day 1 moves mostly; just not the rest.

A few waters? That means you like the signings of Nick Leverett and Armon Watts? Waters and Watts? I am confused. Is it a parrot thing? I do not have any parrots, only Asians.
Nobody's excited about Leverett, Watts, or Okorafor. But if you can't sign top-tier guys, you have to at least continue adding mid-tier guys and throw bodies at positions of need while you try and explore other options. Sort of is what it is...?

You post more dislikes than the whole PatsFans combined. It has been noted repeatedly. You are the dislike King. Amazing you do not admit it.
I won't buy that without some hard evidence.

I'll admit to not agreeing a ton but I save actual Dislikes for the truly egregious posts.

Nobody's excited about Leverett, Watts, or Okorafor. But if you can't sign top-tier guys, you have to at least continue adding mid-tier guys and throw bodies at positions of need while you try and explore other options. Sort of is what it is...?
This situation is so pathetic. It takes an awful situations to have money and still be unable to land players.

I dont like it though. They should get as much offensive talent to make the rookie QB's life as easy as possible. Also why are they doing so many short term contracts?
Because if things go sideways with the rookie QB, they're not hamstrung like that Pats are now.

A few waters? That means you like the signings of Nick Leverett and Armon Watts? Waters and Watts? I am confused. Is it a parrot thing? I do not have any parrots, only Asians.

At least to this point and in my opinion, the Brissett signing told me everything about where this is headed: 2025.

This situation is so pathetic. It takes an awful situations to have money and still be unable to land players.
Welcome to the bottom tier of the NFL. I remember being frustrated as a young fan (back in the 90's) when the Pats had trouble attracting talent. It is what it is. Get better and the talent will come. They're not even close to that now.

I sort of saw this coming. I knew they were bad, but I wasn't sure what the perception was outside of this market.

We're obviously finding out- it's not good.
Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

Because if things go sideways with the rookie QB, they're not hamstrung like that Pats are now.
A rookie QB needs all the help they can get to succeed. We cannot put out our current offense with a rookie QB. He will get killed. I think we are ok at TE now but we need 2 more WRs (at least 1 really good one) and I don't trust us to get them in the draft. We also need an LT and a couple other OLs. I hope most of our picks, especially first 3, go to Offense.

I am good with the defense though.

Especially with who they've added. The guys @One-If-By-Sea mentioned (Watts [1-year] and Leverett [not reported, but likely 1-year]) are both here on short-term deals, among a couple of others, so it's not like they're committing anything to those guys. That way, they can hopefully either extend the guys who have incentive to perform well on essentially prove-it deals, and then move on from the ones that don't. We're at least not seeing them throw ridiculous money at similar players.

Moving on. Yeah it's a bit disappointing so far. I was hoping for one of the elite FA RBs, a stud WR and a couple good OLs but no cigar. Maybe they think they are a couple years away and so want to save some of the cap.

You are so confused. When @thecore762 posted his thread "Great job on FA day one! Pleased with the front office" and everyone fell in line and proclaimed how amazing Day One was to resign all the former BB guys on "great value contracts". This has become the Orchids of Asia board and if you think the Patriots should spend money on FA contracts, since they have the most cap space in the NFL over the next two years, the you are an idiot.

Maybe the Pats think they are a couple of years away and so want to save some of the cap? You can not be sreious. Before it was because BB was so cheap. Now it is because they want to save some cap. My God, are you hammered? The Pats have the most cap space out of 32 teams over the next 2 years, and they sign Nick Leverett and Armon Watts. Are you drunk??????

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back