PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell says the NFL is considering London Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like this would be a slap in the face to all these football fans doling out all this disposable income. But at this point, the NFL could probably get away with it. In the end, if the two team race keeps up, this product will become a little less desireable, and ratings will drop.

Hello NASCAR.
I think NFL fans are smarter than that...although maybe not..

That would be bad beyond belief..... When I lived in Europe up until 2 years ago.... Most Europeans do not consider American Football a sport and you want the Largest game of the year to go there? IF (and a Big IF) it were to sell out, it would be Americans over there, a few Europeans (why bother spending that kind of Euro's/Pounds on a sport that you dont like), and Americans that paid a HUGE amount for the tickets, airfare, hotel.....

Why not start off smaller. Have a regular season game over there... Just be sure to give the teams a by week after that to get used to the time again...:D

that fat turd should be more worried about punishing all teams equally for "cheating"

The NFL would consider playing the Superbowl on Mars or

the Moon if the price was right.

Goodell needs to sit the **** down, and shut the **** up.

The NFL would consider playing the Superbowl on Mars or

the Moon if the price was right.

Goodell also plans to outlaw player tattoos unless they are sponsor product placement ads.

Or explaining the virtues of the game in Chinese characters.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight...the US is in it's worst economic slump ever, and we're going to take the one-day event which is probably the largest single economic boost of the year, and re-locate it so a foreign country can reap the benefits.

I'm not sure what country you're living in, but the US economy has been going gangbusters for about the last 5-6 years.

seriously i hope too that the Super Bowl will be always playied in US: it is The American Sport and it deserve to be playied in US

RayClay idea is good for me too: let's play the Pro Bowl in another Continent

having said that i think the London Game has been and will be a success
sold out more or less immediately

and i think there will be many many NFL european fans coming from all over

I'm not sure what country you're living in, but the US economy has been going gangbusters for about the last 5-6 years.

I live in the United States, where the Canadian dollar has gained over 40 percent on the US dollar in five years, the Euro has gained 25 percent over the last two years, the Peso is trading at an all time high, and the dollar is at an all-time low against the Pound.

You tell me? This is gangbusters.

Sure, numbers can be worked to make the economy look good on paper, but it's not real. Bottom line -- The dollar isn't worth sh!t, and no matter what politicians tell you, the economy isn't good in that situation, except in the smallest of micro-levels.

I live in the United States, where the Canadian dollar has gained over 40 percent on the US dollar in five years, the Euro has gained 25 percent over the last two years, the Peso is trading at an all time high, and the dollar is at an all-time low against the Pound.

You tell me? This is gangbusters.

Sure, numbers can be worked to make the economy look good on paper, but it's not real. Bottom line -- The dollar isn't worth sh!t, and no matter what politicians tell you, the economy isn't good in that situation, except in the smallest of micro-levels.

The value of the dollar makes no difference unless you're abroad traveling.

In fact, a low dollar has a positive economic impact because it makes US goods cheaper overseas.

The US economy has vastly outperformed other OECD nations from a GDP growth perspective over the last ten years.

Learn some basic economics and then we'll talk.

It really is a slap in the face to New Orleans. Everybody I know that went to that Super Bowl had an incredible time. Walking the streets till 4am, just a otherworldly feel.

Stop this nonsense.

In fact, a low dollar has a positive economic impact because it makes US goods cheaper overseas.

The US economy has vastly outperformed other OECD nations from a GDP growth perspective over the last ten years.

Learn not to insult people, and maybe someone will be willing to talk with you.

I know basic economics and then some. I'm also employed by the US Government in international trade, so I'm not some yahoo who dabbles in econ as a hobby.

The value of the dollar makes a huge difference unless the US goes isolationist, to claim otherwise is extremely short-sighted. But this isn't the place to discuss that.

Now, this is a separate issue than economic injury caused by moving the Super Bowl out of country. No argument here. But there is no way you can tell me the US economy is in good shape in relation to the rest of the developed world, or to what it was six years ago.

Last edited:
I hope I'm missing the sarcasm and attempt at humor.
We have several fans from the UK who post here regularly and add value to the forum.

Don't feed the 'Ugly American' know nothing stereotype.

Of course if you know any Brit-bashin' jokes, I'm all for it! :)

No, no. Please DO feed the "ugly American" stereotypes. It's one of the fun bits of reading threads like this one. :D

British joke, just for you:

How can you tell when a plane full of Brits lands?
The whining continues after the engines have stopped.

Now that's informed discussion!

I have reached the conclusion that anything Goodell proposes is likely a bad idea.

Man, wouldn't this be like having a cricket championship match over here? I.e. the average Joe isn't going to understand a lick about WTF is going on? They tried importing soccer, the "most popular sport in the world," and we've seen how that turned out...

Or is the NFL wicked popular in Britain?

It wasn't a matter of being unpleasant as much as being forgettable in every way. I'm not denying what you said before about it being "nice," but Indy has little history, culture or night life to speak of. It's kind of like St. Louis without the jazz, the arch or the baseball team.

so, go ahead, have the SB in Indy. I'm sure February is a ton of fun there.
Silly me... and here I thought going to the Super Bowl was about watching a football game... :rolleyes:

Attractions?

What exactly is an attraction in Indy? The local dentist?
They have the single largest War Memorial I have ever seen... quite magnificent really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back