PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good, comprehensive take on Solder's possible retirement after 2017 by Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's a great or bad article so much as a placeholder.

But I thought this was interesting and almost thread-worthy: when he said that Belichick uses the final post-season game as 50 percent (or more) of the player's evaluation.

Really? Do we think that's true?

I don't think it's a great or bad article so much as a placeholder.

But I thought this was interesting and almost thread-worthy: when he said that Belichick uses the final post-season game as 50 percent (or more) of the player's evaluation.

Really? Do we think that's true?
No. he said " it seems." basically he made it up.
Just like "I'm focussed on the season" a stock patriot answer means bedard has to write an article implying solder will retire because he didn't get an answer to his question.

Hopefully bedard is only pulling this lame approach to sell subscriptions but this type of fake reporting is just sensationalism and click bait.

According to Reiss it is not clear if Scar will stay with the team beyond 2017. But maybe this time BB doesn't bungle the transition as he did with Daboll/Googe back in 13/14. Seems like Cole Popovich will have shadowed Scar for two years at the end of this season. I hope we can get another year in 2018 out of Scar with a slow transition to Popovich under his supervision.
Damn him for bungling his way to 2 seasons of 28-9 a SB win and a afccg loss. Maybe he should have been fired for bungling that decision.

Decent piece. Speculation, obviously, but not entirely unreasonable under the circumstances. Solder retiring at the end of 2017 seems like a possibility worth considering when thinking about the 2018 roster.

Damn him for bungling his way to 2 seasons of 28-9 a SB win and a afccg loss. Maybe he should have been fired for bungling that decision.
Belichick himself basically conceded that the choice to replace Scar was not a sound one when he sent Googe packing.

Belichick himself basically conceded that the choice to replace Scar was not a sound one when he sent Googe packing.
dante came back. He did not send him packing he hired him in a 2 year contract and chose not to renew him and Dante came back. Hardly announcing to the world he screwed up.

The results of those 2 years were fine.

Hopefully the team will have a better replacement option the second time around.

Christ it couldn't get any worse.

In the end Googs should get zero credit for the line righting the ship in 2014. Solder, Vollmer, Wendy, Connolly and TB12 are all vets and basically told Stork what to do.

I wouldn't be shocked if he retired. The guy has had a lot of concussions. He has made a good amount of money. He could decide to call it quits before he destroys his brain.

I wouldn't bet on it, but I will never be surprised anymore when a player retires early because of fear of CTE.

dante came back. He did not send him packing he hired him in a 2 year contract and chose not to renew him and Dante came back. Hardly announcing to the world he screwed up.

The results of those 2 years were fine.

After Lewis, Edelman and Gronk got injured we all saw how awful the OL was without WR or TEs covering for them. Our entire base offense was essentially dead for the last month of the regular season and the post season. But yeah sure go ahead and tell yourself that going 2-4 against the Broncos, Eagles, Texans, Titans, Jets and Dolphins was good.

Once all the Scar lineman disappeared after the SB win against the Seahawks it became quite obvious that Goog was in way over his head. Again BB made Daboll shadow scar for an entire year knowing ahead that Scar wanted to retire and then after the season made him TE coach after Godsey left for the Texans. Not even you can spin this any other way than BB screwing up the transition.

BB (and all of us) got lucky that Scar was fine with coming back.

After Lewis, Edelman and Gronk got injured we all saw how awful the OL was without WR or TEs covering for them. Our entire base offense was essentially dead for the last month of the regular season and the post season. But yeah sure go ahead and tell yourself that going 2-4 against the Broncos, Eagles, Texans, Titans, Jets and Dolphins was good.
Oh you mean when all of the OL were injured. I guess BB BUNGLED keeping them healthy and we can blame the OL coach that we had no OTs and played Bryan stork there and weren't a dominant ol

Once all the Scar lineman disappeared after the SB win against the Seahawks it became quite obvious that Goog was in way over his head. Again BB made Daboll shadow scar for an entire year knowing ahead that Scar wanted to retire and then after the season made him TE coach after Godsey left for the Texans. Not even you can spin this any other way than BB screwing up the transition.

BB (and all of us) got lucky that Scar was fine with coming back.
Yeah we bungled it all the way to winning the SB.
I guess you are a better judge than BB about the coaching abilities of Brian daboll. Ever consider that year showed him it would be a bad idea?

Regardless of anyone's opinion about degoog to say BB bungled the decision is idiotic. We won a SB and returned to an afccg that we almost won with the entire OL ripped to shreds.
Next thing you are going to tell me is it was his fault that they never varied the delay of the sharp count after the silent count trigger of stork raising his head. Please spare me the trouble of having to explain that one to you.

The part you are leaving out is that the OL bungling is a major contributing factor in there not being 2 SB wins.

The part you are leaving out is that the OL bungling is a major contributing factor in there not being 2 SB wins.
lol. BB bungled his job by only winning 1 SB in 2 years and going to he afccg the other.

Answer me this. While the #1 seed was being lost where were the players that were supposed to be the starting LT LG C RG RT?

I guess not winning a SB because essentially your entire OL goes down is a case of BUNGLING.

Too bad BB is such a bungler because we deserve 17 rings from him.

Oh you mean when all of the OL were injured. I guess BB BUNGLED keeping them healthy and we can blame the OL coach that we had no OTs and played Bryan stork there and weren't a dominant ol

I look at Cannon in 2016 and then compare him to 2015 and I think its pretty self evident that Goog was incapable of coaching up his players. But then again you'd have to actually look at game tape and watch the stance and the technique the OL were using. It is so much more comfortable to just say things without doing any work.

Yeah we bungled it all the way to winning the SB.
I guess you are a better judge than BB about the coaching abilities of Brian daboll. Ever consider that year showed him it would be a bad idea?

Again. Goog did in essence nothing in 2015. We had no major injuries and all starters were trained by Scar. Once Wendell and Connolly suddenly disappeared and Goog had to coach techniques to young players everything started to fall apart.

Finally, if makes no sense to keep Daboll the entire ****ing year as a OL understudy if he really was the wrong person to do it. Especially, considering that he took over TEs who have a decent amount of overlap with OL when it comes to stances and blocking techniques.

But whatever. BB can never be wrong of course.

I look at Cannon in 2016 and then compare him to 2015 and I think its pretty self evident that Goog was incapable of coaching up his players. But then again you'd have to actually look at game tape and watch the stance and the technique the OL were using. It is so much more comfortable to just say things without doing any work.
Or understand that cannon played through a severe leg injury in 2015 that destroyed his ability to use proper technique.

Again. Goog did in essence nothing in 2015. We had no major injuries and all starters were trained by Scar.
We had no injuries in 2015? Are you out of your mind?
Solder out for season.
Wendell out for season
Stork on pup
Volmer missed most if the losses then played at about 70% and could never play again.
Cannon severe foot injury.
Jackson ended up in IR

It was the least healthy OL in memory.

[quoye]Once Wendell and Connolly suddenly disappeared and Goog had to coach techniques to young players everything started to fall apart.[/quote]
We were 10-0 when they were healthy.

Finally, if makes no sense to keep Daboll the entire ****ing year as a OL understudy if he really was the wrong person to do it. Especially, considering that he took over TEs who have a decent amount of overlap with OL when it comes to stances and blocking techniques.

So please explain what daboll did THE ENTIRE YEAR. Please explain how you are aware of what his duties are and whether or not they changed.
You are just guessing at something you have no clue about.

lol. BB bungled his job by only winning 1 SB in 2 years and going to he afccg the other.

Answer me this. While the #1 seed was being lost where were the players that were supposed to be the starting LT LG C RG RT?

I guess not winning a SB because essentially your entire OL goes down is a case of BUNGLING.

Too bad BB is such a bungler because we deserve 17 rings from him.

You keep writing about those OL injuries when the reality is that Solder was the only relevant player getting injured. Guess what ? Last year we played without Vollmer. Injuries happen and yet our OL performed considerably better than the turnstiles of late 2015..

Vollmer/Kline/Stork/Mason/Cannon vs Solder/Thuney/Andrews/Mason/Cannon ?

We were 10-0 when they were healthy.

We were 10-0 because the offense was able to cover up the cluster**** of a OL. But keep telling yourself those little stories

Again. Goog did in essence nothing in 2015. We had no major injuries and all starters were trained by Scar. Once Wendell and Connolly suddenly disappeared and Goog had to coach techniques to young players everything started to fall apart.

Can do no wrong and bungled his way to back to back 12-4 season a SB win and a close afccg loss.

There us a gap wider than the Grand Canyon in between there.
Nice try thiugh but you should stick to facts not hyperbole. Wait I saw your facts now I see the need for hyperbole.

We were 10-0 because the offense was able to cover up the cluster**** of a OL. But keep telling yourself those little stories
You mean pretty much the Xactly same OL we won the SB with the next year when it was healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents