PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good, comprehensive take on Solder's possible retirement after 2017 by Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Didn't even know he was even possibly considering it soon.

It was “reported“ before and of course speculated here. But this is a good overview of the situation from player's and club's perspective.

I don't see him on 2018 team for a while now . unfortunately..
(love the big kid)

Thanks for the link. Really good article

I'm not the biggest Solder fan (on the field), but I do acknowledge he's solid and probably better to have than not have. If he does choose to walk away at the end of the season, I hope it will have been after a better than average season and another Lombardi.

The personnel I'm actually more concerned with at this point is Scar anyway.

It was well written, but it reminds me of Mrs. Rover's thought process when given an enigmatic answer. "But does he mean this? And if he does, then what? And what would we do if he did?"

...this continues for an hour... or more... and then the rehashing...

...I'm sure I'm the only one who knows someone like this. o_O

Being a LT in the league is difficult. There are many talented rushers to block. Though some give him grief, Solder is very solid & it will likely be difficult to replace him. I, for one, am happy he is on this team.

Having said that : he isn't Ogden. And, as the article states, he doesn't strike me as someone who'll keep going much longer. Which is fine, especially in light of the family/health challenges he's faced.

Health scares to children have a dramatic effect on parents. When my daughter had three heart surgeries by age 3, my outlook on things changed forever.

What a dumb article. Bedard is a jackass as usual.
I read the article and muttered "that's a ******** story" under my breath as I finished reading it.

Solder's answer could easily be exactly what he would say if he had no thoughts beyond this year, one way or the other.

Guess reporters have to fill space with something.

I'm not the biggest Solder fan (on the field), but I do acknowledge he's solid and probably better to have than not have. If he does choose to walk away at the end of the season, I hope it will have been after a better than average season and another Lombardi.

The personnel I'm actually more concerned with at this point is Scar anyway.
Scar goes I'm fretting immediately

I read the article and muttered "that's a ******** story" under my breath as I finished reading it.

Solder's answer could easily be exactly what he would say if he had no thoughts beyond this year, one way or the other.

Guess reporters have to fill space with something.
Bedard is trying to make a living.

He might want to look at Sam's Club part time

Yeah. Another piece that gives me less than zero reason to ever give Bedard a penny. Too bad, because I like McAdams and Price.

Whenever I think of Solder, I think of his cut block to clear a passing lane to the passer in the Edelman pass in the '14 divisional. It just drives home how seamlessly and perfectly every facet of the offense works together.

What a dumb article. Bedard is a jackass as usual.

Too bad that Reiss speculated about the same thing at some point last season. One of the other usual suspects (Perry ? Curran ?) also mentioned at some point on a podcast last season that given what Solder has been through in the last years retirement wouldnt be shocking.

Scar goes I'm fretting immediately

According to Reiss it is not clear if Scar will stay with the team beyond 2017. But maybe this time BB doesn't bungle the transition as he did with Daboll/Googe back in 13/14. Seems like Cole Popovich will have shadowed Scar for two years at the end of this season. I hope we can get another year in 2018 out of Scar with a slow transition to Popovich under his supervision.

According to Reiss it is not clear if Scar will stay with the team beyond 2017. But maybe this time BB doesn't bungle the transition as he did with Daboll/Googe back in 13/14. Seems like Cole Popovich will have shadowed Scar for two years at the end of this season. I hope we can get another year in 2018 out of Scar with a slow transition to Popovich under his supervision.
Agree. Just keep Scar until he dies. He could be 98 and still coach.

Hell I bet he'd be a good coach dead. Maybe they can do a Weekend at Bernie's type arrangement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back