PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Golden Tate to NYG

A.J. Green Cincinnati at $12 Mill a must now!:rolleyes:

Anyone heard anything on Malcolm Mitchell's progress? I know it's a longshot, but if he could come back anywhere close to how he played before the injury.......

Gotta make a trade or draft a WR high. Edelman, an extremely unreliable Gordon and Dorsett is not enough.

****ty WR market. Pats weren’t gullible enough to talk themselves into what other teams were. It may be an area of need, but it was all bad value. It was a question of how bad they would allow the value to get. Have fun losing Tate...everyone is about championships until they get offered more by a bottom feeder.

It seems Humphries was the only guy who intrigued them, but what a price tag. Again, crap market.
May be an area of need? It is a glaring one.

One reliable wide receiver is not enough. Gordon is a high risk of suspension, Dorsett has not proven himself to be a consistent option, and Hogan was bad this past season.

9 million a season for Tate is a bargain. Very distraught that they will go into the season with Edelman, Dorsett, and Berrios as the receiving core. People keep saying they could trade for one. But there are no worthwhile receivers out there to trade for. A.J Green is injury prone. Nelson is about done.

Offered more or offered at all? Humphries himself said we were taking a sniff at him.

We came in late on the higher offer, after Humphries had already verbally committed to Tennessee.

Do they have the 1 or 4 pm game this Sunday ?

Which "good" receiver are the Pats trading for? Yeah they can draft one. But it takes awhile to grasp the system.

We came in late on the higher offer, after Humphries had already verbally committed to Tennessee.
Who knows? If that’s the case, he made a big professional mistake. With the way he plays, he’s going to get killed in Tennessee. Brady would have at least protected him. Mariota hasn’t shown that he’s consistently able to do that for his wideouts and that’s when he even plays.

Which "good" receiver are the Pats trading for? Yeah they can draft one. But it takes awhile to grasp the system.
Why don’t you tell us. You apparently know today what WRa the pats are going into the season with

Who knows? If that’s the case, he made a big professional mistake. With the way he plays, he’s going to get killed in Tennessee. Brady would have at least protected him. Mariota hasn’t shown that he’s consistently able to do that for his wideouts and that’s when he even plays.

Yeah, he’ll regret his decision, but apparently he’s a man of his word so he didn’t renege with Tennessee.

I'd rather not have the corpse of Jordy Nelson attempting to catch passes for us

Depends entirely on the money IMO, he still had flashes last year in a pretty toxic, losing team environment with possibly the worst QB in the league at exploiting his skill-set. As a signing, he'd definitely be a guy who has to prove he still has it and can contribute, but as long as that's priced into his contract I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him at all. I feel basically the same way about Nelson that I do about Crabtree, in that sense.

He might be done, but I'm not going to assume that based on a Gruden/Carr offense that made everyone including Amari Cooper look bad in it. Plus, because he was cut he won't count in the comp pick formula, which the Pats definitely take into account to at least some degree in evaluating these things.

Last edited:
Why don’t you tell us. You apparently know today what WRa the pats are going into the season with

I am assuming they are going to be limited at receiver again. And it's probably a safe assumption. If Edelman gets hurt, they are in trouble.

I am assuming they are going to be limited at receiver again. And it's probably a safe assumption. If Edelman gets hurt, they are in trouble.
Ok. Sounds good. Keep worrying

Well there’s still the draft, oh wait this team can’t pick wrs to save their lives. Unless they pull off a trade for a legit wr here we go again of throwing **** to a walk and seeing what sticks.

Yeah, he’ll regret his decision, but apparently he’s a man of his word so he didn’t renege with Tennessee.

To each their own, and I'm not going to begrudge anyone their values, but the NFL of all places seems like a weird arena to place a ton of value on 'your word' to a team. If he underperforms even a little, he'll learn exactly how much the Titans' 'word' is worth 2 offseasons from now when they could save $4M against the cap by cutting him.

And that's not a specific dig at the Titans, it's just the nature of the business. Nobody's 'word' is worth anything in the NFL, to the point that we all understand and accept that the contracts aren't even real and most FAs won't see the end of theirs.

I guess he is happy with Ring Uno and wants $$$.

Maybe "The System" will have to be simplified a bit for rookies so they can come play right away.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back