PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Golden Tate to NYG

Lets hope the PATRIOTS are "sure" Gronk and Gordon will play...:D

$23my guaranteed....31 years old WR in Aug.

Not in the BB wheelhouse.

Bet we resign Hogan and that'll be it. I hope I'm wrong and we have a trade in the works but Im disappointed to have not got ourselves a good WR in.

The dollar amounts are vastly different, but this sounds a lot like when 30 year old Matt Forte had big plans to join a contender to finish out his career, until a crappy New York team offered two years guaranteed. (He went 5-11 twice with the Jets.)

Yeah, when a guy signs a contract like this, the only thing you can really conclude is that he clearly doesn't value winning all that much, which would have made him a bad fit here anyway.

Don’t know why people wanted him. His eagles stint was regressive. Looks like BB will be getting a wr in the draft.

Don’t know why people wanted him. His eagles stint was regressive. Looks like BB will be getting a wr in the draft.

The problem with the draft approach is it usually takes rookie WRs to get used to our system...

He's had 90+ catches and 1000+ yards most of his career. He fit our scheme well IMO. His time with the Eagles is tough to judge given he was traded into a new system mid-season, traditionally tough for WRs. I agree age might be a slight concern though.

Jordy Nelson released by Raiders

The problem with the draft approach is it usually takes rookie WRs to get used to our system...

Mitchell was ok his first year until the knee issue. Law of averages is on our side to eventually getting a good wr.

He's had 90+ catches and 1000+ yards most of his career. He fit our scheme well IMO. His time with the Eagles is tough to judge given he was traded into a new system mid-season, traditionally tough for WRs. I agree age might be a slight concern though.

That’s the main issue. 31 and I think redundancy since we have Edelman and Dorsett. Let’s see where the draft takes us.

I'd rather not have the corpse of Jordy Nelson attempting to catch passes for us

I'm fine bringing him for dirt cheap and throwing him into the pile of camp bodies and seeing if he comes out the other end of the preseason.

I guess we will have to trade for Hopkins.^^

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back