PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd skip the NFL experience....in Houston, it became mobbed with so many people that they shut it down. In Phoenix, the line was sooooo long. If you want to go to the NFL experience...I'd do it 5-6 days before the superbowl on a week day morning.

I actually really loved the NFL Experience. We went the day before the game in Arizona and some exhibits did have long lines, but overall it didn't seem crazy packed in there. Just make sure you buy tix in advance on Ticketmaster. I already have my tix for NFL Experience this year.

Hey AStack75, where did you buy tickets for those three Super Bowls? I'm looking for tickets now and there are so many ticket broker sites that are selling tickets (StubHub, SeatGeek, TicketIQ, TickPick, and so on) but I don't know which of those I can actually trust. Even if a site offers a full money back guarantee, the last thing I want is to make it all the way to Atlanta and find out that my ticket isn't valid. I can't seem to find anything online that speaks to which sites are the most trustworthy.
SB38 - Someone posted tickets for sale on patsfans.com. Paid $2500 for a pair.
SB39 - Went with Tunescribe and he knew someone that was selling a pair for around $4000 if I recall correctly.
SB42 - Went with Tunescribe again. Bought a pair of tix from eBay. For a little over $2500 per ticket.
I would tend to think those sites are pretty safe to buy from. You do pay a premium for tickets through them though.

I am such a loser, I would go without any thought if I knew we would win. But there's no way in hell I'm spending that kind of money to see a loss. I suck ;)

I got the OK from my wife and I'm dying to go.

I just can't find anybody to go with. I have asked every friend I have who I thought might reasonably be able to afford it. None of my non-pats fans friends are willing to put up that kind of money without having a vested interest in the teams. My Pats fan buddy down here already went to a Super Bowl so no longer a bucket list item for him.

I live near Raleigh NC about 6 hours out of Atlanta. If I go I would likely head out early Sunday Morning.

Any of you guys who have gone ever gone alone, or is that just plain pathetic?

(Top of my budget is 3k-ish)
Ive gone to 6 alone.

Im driving 13 hours and tired of people backing out in the 11th hour so I dont even ask anymore. The Pats fan club in Atlanta will be headquarters.just like the fan clubs in Indy, Houston and Phoenix were.

I am such a loser, I would go without any thought if I knew we would win. But there's no way in hell I'm spending that kind of money to see a loss. I suck ;)

Brady is winning his 6th.

Gronk goes out a champion.

Per ticket or total for two tickets? :eek:

Per ticket but prices are dropping.

Maybe LA fans are not going? They would likely spend any price and not bat an eye just like the dopey Seahawks fans did and made prices increase.Those tickets went from $3000 to $6000 in a week and eventually made it to $9000 each. I read that a Seattle lady paid $24,000 each for 2 tickets for her and son.

I also believe that lots of folks are scared off at the prices right now. Its the same old supply and demand story. If fans are smart and dont panic the prices will drop more.

I was in NOLA the week of Superbowl 47 and was not impressed, tons of interesting NFL venues, but more fans than the venues could accommodate.. every street around Jackson Square and along the river was filled with different stages and different activities and lots of half drunk fans.. as much as it is promoted as fan friendly, it was not.

Maybe it had something to do with Baltimore being in that SB, but was not impressed at all.

The whole experience defied my expectations.. Atlanta may be more interesting as the Pats are there, but when you are older and on fixed incomes need to choose your activities wisely..

I went to SB LI..aka the greatest SB ever so I will never attend a Pats SB again. My ticket in 616 was 1,625. Nothing can top that and everyone I talked with after on the train to the lot said..."this is your first? Stop after this one because it can't be beat"

Not that I'm going (don't have the scratch) but what's the downside of using the official NFL TicketExchange website? I would assume (?) that unlike the brokers they will actually have tickets and you don't have to worry about getting screwed a la SB49 or by someone with fakes. Is the problem that it's a lot more expensive than the brokers?

Yep, for SB 49....$700 more. For SB 51...about $400 more...

And your ticket is guaranteed down to the seat #...no hassle...just buy online, go to the booth (or have tickets fed ex'd to you), give your name, show your ID, and they give your tickets.

We bought ours 6 days before the game. We had to do it that way because my wife bought us unrefundable tickets to Dallas in error...so we were going to be in Dallas anyway and I said F it...I gotta HAVE my tickets guaranteed or I'll be sitting in some bar in Dallas.

Maybe LA fans are not going? They would likely spend any price and not bat an eye just like the dopey Seahawks fans did and made prices increase.Those tickets went from $3000 to $6000 in a week and eventually made it to $9000 each. I read that a Seattle lady paid $24,000 each for 2 tickets for her and son.

I also believe that lots of folks are scared off at the prices right now. Its the same old supply and demand story. If fans are smart and dont panic the prices will drop more.

LA doesn't have fans..such a soft ass city

I got the OK from my wife and I'm dying to go.

I just can't find anybody to go with. I have asked every friend I have who I thought might reasonably be able to afford it. None of my non-pats fans friends are willing to put up that kind of money without having a vested interest in the teams. My Pats fan buddy down here already went to a Super Bowl so no longer a bucket list item for him.

I live near Raleigh NC about 6 hours out of Atlanta. If I go I would likely head out early Sunday Morning.

Any of you guys who have gone ever gone alone, or is that just plain pathetic?

(Top of my budget is 3k-ish)

I have gone to games alone...not the SB...

But at the SB...there were so many Pats fans (Falcon fans, Cowboy fans, and Texan fans too) in our section that we were high fiving 10-15 people....

So, not pathetic at all...besides your phone will blow up with texts from all of your friends.

at what level they could go in yr opinion please ? and in wich date ? till sunday 27 ?

I live in Midtown so I'm less than 3 miles from MBS. I'm in for any partying with fellow Pats fans, but there's no way this cheap SOB is paying that much for a ticket
At least you can provide a place to crash :D

Reactions: ALP
Anyone want to meet up at Sandy Springs to watch the Super Bowl?

I think I'm going to go. I will likely go by myself. I just feel I can't miss this one.

Going to think on it over the weekend but will likely decide one way or the other by next Tuesday.

I'm making the trip down. Still don't have a ticket yet but that could change anytime now. I just feel a little robbed after going to last years. I need to redeem myself.

I have a flight booked to Atlanta that leaves at noon on Superbowl sunday, and leaves 1am on Monday. Yes, it's a tight one. I added traveler's insurance in case any of the following occur:

1. I still have this lingering cold

2. The weather will make it tough to get in and out.

3. The ticket prices don't go down.

I have the money regardless - I just want to feel I played my cards right, and exercise a little patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back