PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the OK from my wife and I'm dying to go.

I just can't find anybody to go with. I have asked every friend I have who I thought might reasonably be able to afford it. None of my non-pats fans friends are willing to put up that kind of money without having a vested interest in the teams. My Pats fan buddy down here already went to a Super Bowl so no longer a bucket list item for him.

I live near Raleigh NC about 6 hours out of Atlanta. If I go I would likely head out early Sunday Morning.

Any of you guys who have gone ever gone alone, or is that just plain pathetic?

(Top of my budget is 3k-ish)

I am pretty much in the same boat. I live in Durham NC, want to spend not more than 3k, so I'm frankly not quite sure how realistic this is, but I'm getting cautiously optimistic. Were you planning on driving back after the game?

I am pretty much in the same boat. I live in Durham NC, want to spend not more than 3k, so I'm frankly not quite sure how realistic this is, but I'm getting cautiously optimistic. Were you planning on driving back after the game?

Ticket prices are dropping.

$3500 tickets are now $2900. Everyday the price will change and sometimes going up because they know people are watching. The price unexpectedly shooting up is a scheme to fabricate sudden high demand even though there is none. Like car salesman, these guys do this everyday and know all the ticket peddling tricks.

What product is not sold online up till the 11th hour of game kickoffs, is placed in the hands of associates on the street..

SB is a little different regardless of which team out numbers the other neutral/corporate people still outnumber you.
Last year it was not like that as i was there as Eagles fans out numbered for sure

I start to consider to come too...money is not all in the life...:D

If my understanding is correct there are several Hudson Grills. You need the one at Sandy Springs.

Also Fado Irish Pub Midtown is the Patriots bar.

Somebody posted a link in this thread, even couple of times of Pats’ FanClub at Atlanta. You can go to their Facebook page and they have a nice google spreadsheet with all the essentials there.

I’m thinking about going too. Even the logistics for me kinda sucks, cause I’m from Europe (6 flights during a 7 day-trip). But everything you got, right? )

Do it.

For all you guys coming down. Cheetahs has good umm....food if you’re looking for a place to grab a bite/take in some of the sites.

I'm skipping this super bowl, anybody thinking of ever going should really try to go to this one. I have some friends that are flying to Charlotte or Nashville and driving to the game Sunday morning. ticket are still pretty cheap to those cities and it's only a 4 hour drive after.

Birmingham, AL is a 2 hour drive and IIRC serviced by Southwest.

I went to Super Bowl 49 and paid about 3.5K for a ticket through Stub Hub. That didn't include the 1.7k air fare from Adelaide (Australia), accommodation and all the other costs that come with international travel. I'd had the money put away for a trip the previous two years but we fell just short.

I had another friend form my home town that got face value tickets because he does work for the Phoenix Suns (he's a Cards fan and got tickets through the Suns). He was offered around 8k for the tickets the night before the game but he turned it down and went to the game. It was pure luck I had a good friend at the game and in Phoenix. It was one of the best days of my life and best weeks of my life. The atmosphere and experience of being there was something else, let alone the result.

I enter every competition hoping I'll one day get the opportunity to do it again, but if I don't I've done it and I wont regret the 8k I spent in a 7 day trip. If anyone has never been and is on the fence about going, please do it. You will never regret it.

I see that some of you in nearby states are considering making the drive here to Atlanta. I'd say definitely go for it, even if you don't go to the game. Sport your Pats flag on your car and revel in all the dirty looks you get from other drivers :)

If you can't make it to the actual game, the next best thing is taking in the atmosphere the few days before and the day of game. Go to NFL Experience (lots of fun), hit up the bars, just walk around the city and soak in the atmosphere. Even if you're alone, you'll meet a lot of Pats fans. And all of the bars around Benz will be a great place to watch the game. I highly recommend it.

I wont regret the 8k I spent in a 7 day trip. If anyone has never been and is on the fence about going, please do it. You will never regret it.
I agree with one caveat: I've been to four Patriots Super Bowls -- two wins (Panthers, Eagles) and two losses (both Giants games). The wins are football nirvana, the defeats are miserable. It's hard to look back on the defeats as worthwhile experiences despite the overall atmosphere and pageantry, but you must risk that to see them win the big one. For anyone that hasn't been to a Super Bowl and is considering going, remember that in a football sense it will be feast or famine.

$3500 tickets are now $2900. Everyday the price will change and sometimes going up because they know people are watching. The price unexpectedly shooting up is a scheme to fabricate sudden high demand even though there is none. Like car salesman, these guys do this everyday and know all the ticket peddling tricks.

What product is not sold online up till the 11th hour of game kickoffs, is placed in the hands of associates on the street..
How do you know that the person you are dealing with on the street is legit? How does one authenticate a hard ticket?

I see tix below $3k on all of the sites now. Ace had a pair at $2.5 k. Looks like the smart bet is to just wait.

2019 Super Bowl: What are the cheapest ticket prices? | Boston.com

"Patriots fans looking for somewhat discounted 2019 Super Bowl tickets should consider crossing the aisle into Rams territory.

Upper-row tickets on the Rams sideline are about $500 cheaper on average than the same tickets on the Patriots sideline, according to Chris Leyden, a SeatGeek spokesman."

Does it really matter on what sideline you are sitting? I would guess there are so many fans just happy to get in for a reasonable price, nobody cares. Am I wrong?

Does it really matter on what sideline you are sitting? I would guess there are so many fans just happy to get in for a reasonable price, nobody cares. Am I wrong?
No, you are not wrong. It doesn't make sense one sideline would be cheaper than the other. People are mixed together throughout the stadium at a Super Bowl.

I agree with one caveat: I've been to four Patriots Super Bowls -- two wins (Panthers, Eagles) and two losses (both Giants games). The wins are football nirvana, the defeats are miserable. It's hard to look back on the defeats as worthwhile experiences despite the overall atmosphere and pageantry, but you must risk that to see them win the big one. For anyone that hasn't been to a Super Bowl and is considering going, remember that in a football sense it will be feast or famine.

I experienced both emotions in SB 51. For the first 3 quarters I totally regretted spending $5500 on the trip. I even thought about leaving the game at the start of the second half when the Falcons went up 28-3. I then stayed and experienced football bliss. There were people who left early and were watching the rest of the game from the parking lot lol.

Last edited:
I experience both emotions in SB 51. For the first 3 quarters I totally regretted spending $5500 on the trip. I even thought about leaving the game at the start of the second half when the Falcons went up 28-3. I stayed and experienced football bliss. There were people who left early and were watching the rest of the game from the parking lot lol.

Yup. I always say it was the most surreal sports experience because it was awful for over 3 quarters, I still didn’t believe they’d win until it was tied, and then it was over quickly after that.

I couldn’t tell you what sideline I was on during SB 51. Made no difference to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back