PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty much in the same boat. I live in Durham NC, want to spend not more than 3k, so I'm frankly not quite sure how realistic this is, but I'm getting cautiously optimistic. Were you planning on driving back after the game?

Not sure yet. I have family down there I "might" spend the evening with but have not worked that out just yet.

How do you know that the person you are dealing with on the street is legit? How does one authenticate a hard ticket?

1. Get a cell phone #
2 Ask to take a pic of their drivers licence. If they refuse then walk.
3 If they begin muddying the waters with unrelated stuff its a scam.
4 Try to create a paper trail
5 There should be a website with the security features on this years SB tickets.
6 SB tickets usually have holograms that can be seen with a black light.
7 If it looks too good to be true it is.

Does it really matter on what sideline you are sitting? I would guess there are so many fans just happy to get in for a reasonable price, nobody cares. Am I wrong?

Yes, sections matter. The same level and proximity across the stadium could be hundreds less.

Not sure yet. I have family down there I "might" spend the evening with but have not worked that out just yet.

I am still thinking about it, but leaning more and more toward going. If you want to carpool, I could pay for gas, or whatever seems fair. I was thinking of driving down and back in one day (insane I know, but I think it will be fun). Just PM me if interested, if not, no worries as I realize we don't know each other. :)

Yes, sections matter. The same level and proximity across the stadium could be hundreds less.
You mean on the tickets' face value? Why?

You mean on the tickets' face value? Why?
Some Pat's fans are looking for pats side of the field only. I also believe that it's a way to price something so it moves

I've shopped for Ford trucks and virtually the same exact trucks differentiate in price sometimes by a couple thousand for some unexplained reason.

People shop price.

Some Pat's fans are looking for pats side of the field only. I also believe that it's a way to price something so it moves

I've shopped for Ford trucks and virtually the same exact trucks differentiate in price sometimes by a couple thousand for some unexplained reason.

People shop price.
Of course people shop price. But the price discrepancy you're referring to at same seating levels on opposite sides of the field -- assuming it does exist -- involves secondary market (broker) manipulations and not the tickets' face values, which are established before the teams even are decided. I've researched buying Super Bowl tickets since the 2001 season and have never come across higher demand/higher price for one side of the field vs. the other but perhaps that's a new thing this year. I could maybe see it making sense for the first few rows directly behind a team's bench but not beyond that.

Of course people shop price. But the price discrepancy you're referring to at same seating levels on opposite sides of the field -- assuming it does exist -- involves secondary market (broker) manipulations and not the tickets' face values, which are established before the teams even are decided. I've researched buying Super Bowl tickets since the 2001 season and have never come across higher demand/higher price for one side of the field vs. the other but perhaps that's a new thing this year. I could maybe see it making sense for the first few rows directly behind a team's bench but not beyond that.
I already posted the link a few pages back.

I dont know what to tell you if you dont want to believe that the same face value seats are at different prices depending on location.

Upper-row tickets on the Rams sideline are about $500 cheaper on average than the same tickets on the Patriots sideline, according to Chris Leyden, a SeatGeek spokesman.

12.55-2 pm

Patriots Fan Rally in Atlanta

ps = i will be there if i will go...

2019 Super Bowl: Travel from Boston to Atlanta | Boston.com

Old Hickory House is a nice spot for breakfast. Good and not expensive. Our Menu

If youre in the Tucker area, Mathews Cafeteria is on Man vs Food. Breakfast, lunch or dinner. Authentic Southern cooking already made and you just pick out what you want. Nothing fancy Matthews Cafeteria - It's All About The Food!

The Varsity is popular there. The Varsity :: Our Lingo

Best of Atlanta has lots of cheap and expensive eats.

Attractions - Stone Mountain is pretty neat. Its the mount Rushmore of the South. They would have a hard job tearing that one down.

The world of Coke down town, MLK birth place, The Aquarium is very cool, There is a civil war cemetery in Marietta which is north west of down town. Home of CNN birth place of fake news.

Driving around on the highway is like a Nascar race if its not bumper to bumper 7 lanes wide. Side roads and GPS might be the way to move.

I already posted the link a few pages back.

I dont know what to tell you if you dont want to believe that the same face value seats are at different prices depending on location.

Upper-row tickets on the Rams sideline are about $500 cheaper on average than the same tickets on the Patriots sideline, according to Chris Leyden, a SeatGeek spokesman.
You're agreeing with my post. I'm talking about FACE VALUE PRINTED ON THE TICKETS, not what the secondary market brokers arbitrarily are charging.

You're agreeing with my post. I'm talking about FACE VALUE PRINTED ON THE TICKETS, not what the secondary market brokers arbitrarily are charging.

Who gives a F?

If the same ticket costs less across the stadium thats all that matters. Face value can be $1.00 but youre going pay what the market bare.

I wont know the face value until I have a ticket. Rumors are that they are $1000 - $5000.

If I get a 5K ticket at 50% off I wont complain and if I get a 1k ticket plus 100% I wont complain. It is what it is.

I urge you all to do everything in your power to attend. Its more than just the game. NFL mardis gras atmosphere with lots going on that does not cost a dime. Explore Atlanta. They have virtually everything. I used to live there.

So, my CPAs wife called me Friday night. Turns out that my CPA was diagnosed with cancer this past May and passed away last Monday. I had no idea since i only see him around tax season. Healthy guy about 55 years young did not smoke or drink. I should be dead and not him. His 80 year old father is still alive and in decent health.

If youre sick or dead you cannot go. Just go.

You tell people to enjoy the biggest event in the year and people tell you that you are full of it. This is SAD. I agree with you that people should enjoy it before it is too late.

I have been watching ticket prices at stubhub and tickpick for the last couple days and I cannot agree that prices are still dropping. They dropped somehow to about -20%, but now they are going up again.
Of course Im only looking at get in prices, not average prices.

Stubhub just dumped a boatload of tickets on Ebay.

If tickets were selling so great there is no need to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back