PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those numbers are astounding... I’m happy on my couch where I can pause live tv to attend to my kids. 1000$ buys a LOT of groceries. I understand the importance of experiences, but attending the SB isn’t one I’d even consider spending that kind of $ for...

I'm also debating driving up from New Orleans (about 6 hours)

would be my first SB, and I would be alone as well, may be willing to risk it and not buy in advance

sounds like theres quite a few of us going at it alone, so if we decide to do it, there's a group right there lol

I went to SB LI..aka the greatest SB ever so I will never attend a Pats SB again. My ticket in 616 was 1,625. Nothing can top that and everyone I talked with after on the train to the lot said..."this is your first? Stop after this one because it can't be beat"

Ha I feel the same, except it was SB 49 (aka the real greatest SB ever!). I got access to tix for face value ($950) and also got into the official NFL tailgate party. After that, I told myself I could never attend another SB again.

There was nothing under 3k on stubhub this morning and now there’s a bunch of tickets around $2500.
Don't forget, those aren't the true final prices. Those sites have about a 20% fee that they tack on. But the prices are trending in the right direction. Wait until next week. I wouldn't be shocked if the get in prices are around $2000 (fees included) for this game.

I'm thinking of flying down thursday night and coming home sunday afternoon and getting to my buddies in time for the game........RT flight is 200 and I have a free place to stay

I'd love to see a Super Bowl and everytime the Pats make one, I start to think about it then I stop once I remember how crappy the Canadian dollar is.

“I urge you to do anything you can to go” followed by a story about your Certified Public Accountant isn’t super inspiring. People have bills to pay, family to care for, and monthly incomes that don’t add up to a hotdog at a concession stand at the Super Bowl. Understand privilege.
How's that moral high horse treating you? Can't we just let people have a "fun" thread without the socio economic analysis and virtue signaling?

I hope patriot fans show up. The rams got nearly out numbered in their own stadium. Many rams fans abandoned them after they left STL.

I hope patriot fans show up. The rams got nearly out numbered in their own stadium. Many rams fans abandoned them after they left STL.
SB is a little different regardless of which team out numbers the other neutral/corporate people still outnumber you.

SB is a little different regardless of which team out numbers the other neutral/corporate people still outnumber you.
Everyone says it all the time but I never really got that 'it's all corporate people' feeling at the SBs I went to. SB38 felt fairly evenly split between NE/CAR fans. SB39 was about 20:1 PHI fans vs. NE fans. SB42 felt like it was about 60/40 NE/NYG. This SB will probably be the most lopsided in favor of NE crowd out of any of the team's 11 SBs.

Everyone says it all the time but I never really got that 'it's all corporate people' feeling at the SBs I went to. SB38 felt fairly evenly split between NE/CAR fans. SB39 was about 20:1 PHI fans vs. NE fans. SB42 felt like it was about 60/40 NE/NYG. This SB will probably be the most lopsided in favor of NE crowd out of any of the team's 11 SBs.
I've been to 5 myself you can definitely look around and easily see who out numbers who. But from a sound perspective I've never felt like it was too dominant either way. Usually the crowd just seems to be cheering everything.

I'm skipping this super bowl, anybody thinking of ever going should really try to go to this one. I have some friends that are flying to Charlotte or Nashville and driving to the game Sunday morning. ticket are still pretty cheap to those cities and it's only a 4 hour drive after.

I was going to attend but they wouldn't let me land my helicopter in the parking lot. I'll be damned if I will just leave it sitting out on my yacht all night!

For those going to Atlanta, have you heard of any good bars/restaurants to hang out with fellow Pats fans? I heard about some place called the Hudson Grill (?) on the radio. Anywhere else?

For those going to Atlanta, have you heard of any good bars/restaurants to hang out with fellow Pats fans? I heard about some place called the Hudson Grill (?) on the radio. Anywhere else?

If my understanding is correct there are several Hudson Grills. You need the one at Sandy Springs.

Also Fado Irish Pub Midtown is the Patriots bar.

Somebody posted a link in this thread, even couple of times of Pats’ FanClub at Atlanta. You can go to their Facebook page and they have a nice google spreadsheet with all the essentials there.

I’m thinking about going too. Even the logistics for me kinda sucks, cause I’m from Europe (6 flights during a 7 day-trip). But everything you got, right? )

I’m going to Atlanta; not sure about the game. Lots of folks go for the atmosphere. Triumph is right - it’s awesome!

I think you are a party hound. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back