PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random musings - Maybe those going to ATL but not to the actual game can start a separate thread to share information and see if we can meet and watch the game at a Pats friendly bar together. If there are about 20 of us, maybe print some tee-shirts reflecting this awesome Patsfans.com site?

I live in Midtown so I'm less than 3 miles from MBS. I'm in for any partying with fellow Pats fans, but there's no way this cheap SOB is paying that much for a ticket

I live in Midtown so I'm less than 3 miles from MBS. I'm in for any partying with fellow Pats fans, but there's no way this cheap SOB is paying that much for a ticket

Hah! I hear you.

Since you are local, may I trouble you with some queries pls?

- any specific places/areas you would recommend for out of town Pats fans to hang out meet?

- are there sports bars within walking distance of the stadium?

- Is stadium accessible by public transportation? My hotel is in Lawrenceville and I have rented a car. No tix yet. I can either (a) park the car @ the stadium and try my luck for tix; if none, drive to a place where there are other Patsfan, or (b) park the car in a garage close to where Patsfans might be viewing the game and then go to MB. If no luck on the tix, head back to where the other fans are in midtown or wherever. Second option not viable if getting to MB is difficult.

Thanks bud.

Life is certainly fleeting so if I had more than a couple cents to rub together I'd consider it. I'll still have a pulse pounding day watching the cardiac Pats try to add one more to the trophy case.

Hah! I hear you.

- any specific places/areas you would recommend for out of town Pats fans to hang out meet?

- Is stadium accessible by public transportation? My hotel is in Lawrenceville and I have rented a car. No tix yet. I can either (a) park the car @ the stadium and try my luck for tix; if none, drive to a place where there are other Patsfan, or (b) park the car in a garage close to where Patsfans might be viewing the game and then go to MB. If no luck on the tix, head back to where the other fans are in midtown or wherever. Second option not viable if getting to MB is difficult.

Thanks bud.

There's a MARTA station right by MBS so public transportation is a breeze. There are sports bars and restaurants at CNN center right next to the stadium. As for alternative places to watch the game or hang out, there are almost too many to speak of. That will depend on where everybody is staying.

Hah! I hear you.

Thanks bud.
I moved from Lawrenceville last year. Honestly it’s not that bad of a drive to the stadium from there. Of course, Super Bowl traffic will probably screw that up

Hah! I hear you.

Thanks bud.
The Atlanta New England Patriots Fan Club

Thanks. I'm waiting to see if the prices drop. We would be looking at Air BnBs if we can't stay with some friends that live in the city.

Kontra, and others, you can get this app and build a heck of a network of friends, and friends of friends, to stay with pretty quickly.
www.staycircles.com

The official Pats fan bar in Atlanta is Hudson Grille in Sandy Springs:

About—Hudson Grille

It draws huge crowds for Pats games, and former players will show up (Chris Slade was there last week and Ben Coates the week before that).

I live in Atlanta so feel free to message me if you need any advice on your trip down here.

Thanks for sharing that.

Were those - NFL Experience and the sets - more active on the game day or even ahead of it?

I walked thru a few in NYC when the SB was held in NY/NJ but since it was Peyton and the Seahawks, I was quite disinterested.

But this time it is different.

Since the ticket seems to be a lottery that I might play only on the game day, i am planning to give more importance to soaking up the atmosphere and the side events in ATL leading up to the game.

I'd skip the NFL experience....in Houston, it became mobbed with so many people that they shut it down. In Phoenix, the line was sooooo long. If you want to go to the NFL experience...I'd do it 5-6 days before the superbowl on a week day morning.

But the atmosphere is electric though.....just walking around in the crowd...seeing some famous NFL personalities....having some drinks and soaking in everything. Houston had other things going on like their space comm center display....with space suits, space vehicles, and etc... Saw a dude with an authentic Oilers Moon jersey. TONS of Cowboy fans were there....(the Cowboys went 14-2 that year, but were one and done...thanks to Rodgers' across the body throw to Cook)....TON of Texan fans...and many other teams.....

Thanks. I'm waiting to see if the prices drop. We would be looking at Air BnBs if we can't stay with some friends that live in the city.

Give this guy a call SUPER BOWL 53 - BUYING and SELLING We spoke for 15 minutes and I can tell that he is legit, but talk to him yourself.. He is from Mass and a Pats fan living in Chicago. I plan to meet him 1/30 to see about tickets. He told that $2500 total is doable. Tell him that Ed passed his name along.

Take this FWIW but the broker I got my tickets from for 51 is already emailing me asking if I want tickets and he didn’t email me at all last year. I’m thinking they expect prices to drop in a big way.

I moved from Lawrenceville last year. Honestly it’s not that bad of a drive to the stadium from there. Of course, Super Bowl traffic will probably screw that up

I used the side roads rather than sit in highway traffic when I lived there. You can get almost anywhere and the GPS will guide to the destination after it re routes.

Take this FWIW but the broker I got my tickets from for 51 is already emailing me asking if I want tickets and he didn’t email me at all last year. I’m thinking they expect prices to drop in a big way.

Yep, the broker in Chicago told me that he will have lots of tickets and he dropped his price $500 without me even asking.

Motivated seller.

Not that I'm going (don't have the scratch) but what's the downside of using the official NFL TicketExchange website? I would assume (?) that unlike the brokers they will actually have tickets and you don't have to worry about getting screwed a la SB49 or by someone with fakes. Is the problem that it's a lot more expensive than the brokers?

I’m in auburn, al which is literally so close to Atlanta but a ticket is so expensive. I entered in the patriots super bowl sweepstakes.

I got the OK from my wife and I'm dying to go.

I just can't find anybody to go with. I have asked every friend I have who I thought might reasonably be able to afford it. None of my non-pats fans friends are willing to put up that kind of money without having a vested interest in the teams. My Pats fan buddy down here already went to a Super Bowl so no longer a bucket list item for him.

I live near Raleigh NC about 6 hours out of Atlanta. If I go I would likely head out early Sunday Morning.

Any of you guys who have gone ever gone alone, or is that just plain pathetic?

(Top of my budget is 3k-ish)

The timing is real tough for me. If it were just a couple years later I think I could make it happen. My worry is that once Brady leaves, if it’s a long time before we make it back, it’ll be a huge regret for me that I never went

I'm thinking the same.............three kids and plenty of bills........been a die hard forever

Can I really look back and say "The Pats made it to the Super Bowl at least 9 times in the Brady era and you couldn't make it to one?!?"

Give this guy a call SUPER BOWL 53 - BUYING and SELLING We spoke for 15 minutes and I can tell that he is legit, but talk to him yourself.. He is from Mass and a Pats fan living in Chicago. I plan to meet him 1/30 to see about tickets. He told that $2500 total is doable. Tell him that Ed passed his name along.

Per ticket or total for two tickets? :eek:

I'm thinking the same.............three kids and plenty of bills........been a die hard forever

Can I really look back and say "The Pats made it to the Super Bowl at least 9 times in the Brady era and you couldn't make it to one?!?"
I feel ya. Exactly. I’ll get to one at some point in my life, assuming we’re in more, but I know I’ll be disappointed having never seen Brady at one. I’ve still seen him in tons of playoff games, though. So that’s good at least

I got the OK from my wife and I'm dying to go.

I just can't find anybody to go with. I have asked every friend I have who I thought might reasonably be able to afford it. None of my non-pats fans friends are willing to put up that kind of money without having a vested interest in the teams. My Pats fan buddy down here already went to a Super Bowl so no longer a bucket list item for him.

I live near Raleigh NC about 6 hours out of Atlanta. If I go I would likely head out early Sunday Morning.

Any of you guys who have gone ever gone alone, or is that just plain pathetic?

(Top of my budget is 3k-ish)

I was absolutely going to make the drive to Houston and go by myself if my brother didn’t fly down and meet me, it’s not pathetic at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots