PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to Baltimore for the game on 11-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to a road game in a hostile NFL stadium sounds dangerous, but it really isn't. Security at NFL games is insane these days and 99% of people do realize that it is only a game. I'd only be worried about the parking lot post-game....even then walking out with a crowd...no worries (shrugs). I have been to road games at different stadiums....never had a problem...usually a few hecklers here and there....I just shrug and laugh as if to say, "Sorry, it isn't me...it's your team..."
When at road games I wear my Pats stuff in the stadium but cover it with a plain hoodie or button down on the way out of the stadium. Those parking lot heroes are more trouble than they’re worth.

Uhhhh...when I had Pats ST Baltimore traveling fans were some of the worst, most violent opposing fans ever to enter gillette...can only imagine how they are in their own stadium...be careful and I wouldn't wear Pat's stuff..good luck

When at road games I wear my Pats stuff in the stadium but cover it with a plain hoodie or button down on the way out of the stadium. Those parking lot heroes are more trouble than they’re worth.

Yeah, a Loyola hoodie should work. I'll leave the Boston College one at home!

Although don't wander about unless you know exactly where you're going because a block away can get pretty bad pretty quick.

That's what I was told while one of our sons was looking at a grad school in Baltimore 15 years ago, though back then it was two blocks.

We had a pretty nice weekend there. We had great crab-cakes along the inner harbor and a super visit to The Babe's house. We even traced Babe's steps to Camden Yards. Johnny U was represented there also.

I think you guys might -- might -- be swayed here by recent high profile Baltimorean events, but can't be sure, b/c I haven't been back to the stadium since 07. Now it can be told. We got tickets to "the blueprint" game. Mrs. P is physically pretty sick, and it was just starting then. Long story short, no way was she going to tough out the game in nosebleed seats, in 30-40 something degree weather w/cold rain coming down. We didn't even get to the level of the ramp that was our stop. I went in to where you stop at the railing at the second level, looked out, saw my team on the field, smoked a cigarette, DID NOT CRY I SWEAR TO GAWD, and we went back down the ramp.

We went to a pub with an edgar allen poe theme and watched the goddam game on TV. So yeah I got robbed that game but the people of Balmer had nothing to do with it.

Long story short: Yeah they shouted on the way in, screaming about how the Patriots bought all the talent. Er, that was it, they were mad that we were good. Now again, that is 12 years ago already - for all I know the Inner Harbor and the area around the stadium has somehow all gone to hell. Somehow I doubt it. The city's gotten a lot of crap coverage in recent years and that stuff tends to leach into our minds.

Get a selfie of you leaving an “offering” at the statue of Ray Lewis....a knife...sharp or not...it’s the thought that counts.

Keep that selfie on your phone and you should be golden....show it to any of the rabble to give cred to your bona fides as a “fan of respect”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes