PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to Baltimore for the game on 11-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.

Where did you find tickets?

Stubhub.com.

There are some great deals for the Cincy game. THAT should be the bargain for Pats fans.

Homicide - Life on the Street! NBC in the 1990's - -yes!

Although it jumped the shark when the credits stopped being B&W (and they ran out of book material). The first two seasons were just amazing, though.

I’m planning on going to Baltimore for the Sunday night game on 11-3. My daughter goes to school in Baltimore (Loyola) and my wife and I are headed there for a visit and the game. Has anyone been to Baltimore for a game? I’m anticipating an unfriendly crowd for a Pats fan. Looking for input as to the atmosphere and any recommendations about where to sit in the stadium (i.e. visitor side better.). Thanks

John

Well, obviously the more expensive ticket typically yields a more normal opposing fan. Rarely have I encountered Rif - Raf after purchasing higher quality tickets. Im talking lowers between the 20 yard lines or similar 2nd level seats. Hooligans tend to gravitate to the upper level like crows where they are at home around family and friends.

Upon finding my seats, I always test the waters and try to strike up a conversation with the fans surrounding my seats. Some wont speak to you and some might. I figure that it never hurts to have a possible local ally if trouble should arise.At the very least they might verify your story of events.

Nothing will likely happen though.

With that being said, I would wear whatever I wanted to. Never bow down to the mob.

Stubhub.com.

There are some great deals for the Cincy game. THAT should be the bargain for Pats fans.

Hopefully youre not going.

Lived there during the 2007 season...you should've seen & heard the venom spewed by its fanimals after the Pats' MNF win there...the place is a sh!thole, occupied by murderer-worshippers...enough said.

That was the game I went to as well.

It was madness and hilarious the way it ended. When Bart Scott threw that flag and lost his $h!t it really felt like the stadium was gonna explode. The energy was incredible the entire game even with that Ravens team having a sh!tty record.

I’m planning on going to Baltimore for the Sunday night game on 11-3. My daughter goes to school in Baltimore (Loyola) and my wife and I are headed there for a visit and the game. Has anyone been to Baltimore for a game? I’m anticipating an unfriendly crowd for a Pats fan. Looking for input as to the atmosphere and any recommendations about where to sit in the stadium (i.e. visitor side better.). Thanks

John

This is pretty simple. Stadium and area immediately around it are a great experience. Just don't wear a Pats jersey or hat, and don't get obnoxious. You should have a great time.

If you insist on provoking the drunks and hostiles, then you know what's coming.

John

If you do a google search, they say the Ravens fans are pretty friendly with opposing fans. Just keep to yourself and you should be fine.

Baltimore is just a big Newark - - that actually may be an insult to Newark. What is sad is that Baltimore was one of the great cities of literature,, architecture, music, science, etc. in the 19th century.

The Baltimorons will have several hours to get lickered up (most of them are 2nd or 3rd generation displaced Appalachians - the only time there is any noise at O's games is when the PA plays "Thank God I'm a Country Boy") for the 8:20pm game in what will probably be chilly November night conditions. I'm in the DC suburbs and thought about going to that game for about 1/2 millisecond.

You’re even older than I thought you were :eek:

I no longer attend sporting events where alcohol is served. Too rowdy and raucous. A few on the sauce cross the line.

Baltimore the city is a war zone. Stay away.

Detroit, yes. I feel safer there than Baltimore.

Baltimore Sun still exist?

The Baltimorons will have several hours to get lickered up (most of them are 2nd or 3rd generation displaced Appalachians - the only time there is any noise at O's games is when the PA plays "Thank God I'm a Country Boy")...
The "Appalachians" (whatever that is) is the Least of a Patriots fan's worries in that sh!thole.

Live in MD now and have been to Pats/Ravens game.

Great stadium to watch a game. Lots of energy in the stadium. I kept being a Pat's fan low key. Saw a few instances of Ravens fans yelling stupid stuff to Pats fans. Nothing too serious.

The stadium is located near the inner harbor which has lots of restaurants and places to hang out. Although don't wander about unless you know exactly where you're going because a block away can get pretty bad pretty quick.

We were at the last Pats/Ravens game and plan on attending this one too.
We sat in the end zone (2nd row) and the seats were great. I actually bought season tickets that year and sold off the Steelers and Pack ones for almost the price of the full season. The fans were vocal and passionate, but we didn't have any issues even though the Pats won handily. We decided to take the train from BWI which was great getting there, but it took some time getting a train at the end of the game. We've also gone there for other games and had a parking pass. This is a very good investment IMHO. The entrance is right off the highway as you enter the city and its very easy to get out.

Stubhub.com.

I wanted to see Brady during his career. Living in the Midwest, traveling "home" and seeing him at the razor was way too costly. Cincy is relatively close and very reasonable.

Grew up in Baltimore, moved away in the 80s, back in 02 and away for good in 14. Was a great blue collar town, more passionate about the colts than the orioles. After the mlk riots, the city started turning. The riot areas never were rebuilt to their former vitality. The inner harbor and stadium area is great, but 1-2 blocks in any direction from it and you’re just asking for trouble. Over 200 murders this year within 10 miles of the stadium. There are a lot of fans that won’t give you a hard time, but there are always the idiots that have had too much to drink. The stadium is a great place to watch a game, good views, fans are noisy and passionate. “The replacements” was filmed in that stadium.

And the first 2 seasons of homicide were the best....

Last edited:
Be sure to watch the entire series of The Wire before going.
Almost finished with my second time through the wire. I know where not to go! Still the Fells Point area is fantastic at night. Great bars.

Going to a road game in a hostile NFL stadium sounds dangerous, but it really isn't. Security at NFL games is insane these days and 99% of people do realize that it is only a game. I'd only be worried about the parking lot post-game....even then walking out with a crowd...no worries (shrugs). I have been to road games at different stadiums....never had a problem...usually a few hecklers here and there....I just shrug and laugh as if to say, "Sorry, it isn't me...it's your team..."

Look up "Baltimore Patriots Fans" on facebook. There's an organized tailgate party and you can find tailgate ticket details on that group page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back