PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe’s McBride: Gronk didn’t make the trip to Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why was Brady reportedly pissed then that he didn't get an extension but only incentives in August ?
They likely both feel that they’re worthy of new money. Didn’t Brady just tell Gronk during the game that they could “do this forever?” It sounds like they both feel that they are deserving of some type of extension.

They likely both feel that they’re worthy of new money. Didn’t Brady just tell Gronk during the game that they could “do this forever?” It sounds like they both feel that they are deserving of some type of extension.

That is not my point. The poster was saying that their contract expiring at the same time is proof that they are bound by the hip to move on together.

That is not my point. The poster was saying that their contract expiring at the same time is proof that they are bound by the hip to move on together.
I took it as him saying that Gronk and Brady are together through the 2019 season, and any type of extension that they may receive would likely be in the 1-2 year variety of similar deals. In other words, there’s probably a decent chance that they could end up hanging up their cleats together, whether that’s at the end of next season, or at the end of 2020. Let’s hope that it’s the second option.

Not easy to express an opinion...50% i would like to see him play every single snap as i like him so much as a playier but 50% i think could be better to play only when "needed"

At this point any single injury to him is not helping for sure...i would be not surprised at all if he retires in 1 maximum 2 seasons

And that day will be bad for all of us...

Not easy to express an opinion...50% i would like to see him play every single snap as i like him so much as a playier but 50% i think could be better to play only when "needed"

At this point any single injury to him is not helping for sure...i would be not surprised at all if he retires in 1 maximum 2 seasons

And that day will be bad for all of us...

Why will it be a bad day? The Patriots have won without him before they most certainly will win without him again.

I fondly recall a fan base embracing the "next man up" mantra that used to reverberate round these parts. That's devolved into constant anxiety attacks whenever any injury occurs.

This is another beautiful aspect of the Patriots approach to the game: knowing that injuries are GUARANTEED! Therefore they do not apply cap busting (particularly for the majority of their WRs and DEs) long term contracts except for certain positions spreading that precious cash across the team to better depth vice only front line personnel.

I don't think this would happen necessarily as the running game has emerged requiring Allen on the field, but a four WR set with Gordon, Edelman, Patterson (especially lining up either at TE or in the backfield initially) and Dorsett intrigues me and would be, I'm pretty sure, a surprise to the Bears as well. This team hasn't used that type of alignment very much at all during the Gronk years - there isn't any tape on it.

Dorsett as a #1 WR - not so much, but as. #3 or #4 pass catcher (wait, what is that - is that depth???) sure I'll take some of that.

Sounds like Gronk has had a bank spasm of some sort, which is nasty. Hopefully that’s all it is and he should be good to go for next week.

I’m glad they are resting him. Rather lose him from the bears game and lose the game rather than have gronk out at playoff time

Sounds like Gronk has had a bank spasm of some sort, which is nasty. Hopefully that’s all it is and he should be good to go for next week.

His back reportedly locked up on him at Friday's practice. I think it's a matter of erring on the side of being too cautious.

His back reportedly locked up on him at Friday's practice. I think it's a matter of erring on the side of being too cautious.

I know a beautiful answer. Dilaudin

Oh wait. He has to run and catch. Nope

Why will it be a bad day? The Patriots have won without him before they most certainly will win without him again.

you have not understood my point

it will be a bad day because we will lose a GREAT PATRIOT PLAYIER IN OUR FRANCHISE HISTORY

our BEST TIGHT END IN ever...

after him Coates and Russ Francis

Sounds like Gronk has had a bank spasm of some sort, which is nasty.
Well, it might have had to do with the interest rates of the fans.

Sad to say, but I think we need to come to grips with the fact that Gronk may be done for good this time. I'm sure that we'll miss him but the team has won without him before and there's no reason to think that they can't do it again.

So next to this forum in the twitter section Phil Perry says Gordon is now at full speed. If true, oooohhhh! F’ yeah!

Sad to say, but I think we need to come to grips with the fact that Gronk may be done for good this time. I'm sure that we'll miss him but the team has won without him before and there's no reason to think that they can't do it again.
Eventually but the reports are he'll be fine for BUF.

We aren't talking about Chris Sales bellyring infection here

you have not understood my point

it will be a bad day because we will lose a GREAT PATRIOT PLAYIER IN OUR FRANCHISE HISTORY

our BEST TIGHT END IN ever...

after him Coates and Russ Francis

The bad day in Patriots history will be when Tom Brady and Bill Belichick retire.

Gronk is great, however he is replaceable, We will never ever see another Brady or Belichick.

The bad day in Patriots history will be when Tom Brady and Bill Belichick retire.

Gronk is the great, however he is replaceable, We will never ever see another Brady or Belichick.

Brady is without any doubt the best ever and he will be always the best ever

think that behind him we have 'only' Bledsoe, Grogan, Parilli, Eason, Flutie, Plunkett that were the only ones good enough

coaches BB is the greatest of course but we had also other good coaches like Holovak, Fairbanks, Berry

Gronk like Brady is without any doubt the best ever in TE position

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore