Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Ack!

Though he also says Gronk hasn’t been officially ruled out yet.

They’re working on him today and will try to get him out tonight or first thing tomorrow morning? Why else would they not rule him out after not putting him on the plane?

I said it a few days back. Give Gronk time to rest his ankle properly in the next two weeks. The longterm is more important than two games we should win either way.

Hope they find some way to make his incentives situation work hand-in-hand with that longterm view.

if you have them make sure your starting Jules and James in all your lineups.

With multiple back surgeries the hope is that this is not serious. The fact that they have not ruled him out (even if he is "highly unlikely" suggests that it is not serious. So there's that.

I’m rolling my eyes at all the honks who were going “how DARE you say Gronk doesn’t seem 100%, learn to use your eyes and not just read the stat sheet MEDIOTS”

White Knighting for the media?

Yikes....

I said it a few days back. Give Gronk time to rest his ankle properly in the next two weeks. The longterm is more important than two games we should win either way.

Hope they find some way to make his incentives situation work hand-in-hand with that longterm view.
Not ankle, back

Games is off Bovada...here we go again....so sick of this team's constant injuries, why can't they ever have a 100% healthy offense

Every f*cking year, at least it's not serious well I hope it's not.

With multiple back surgeries the hope is that this is not serious. The fact that they have not ruled him out (even if he is "highly unlikely" suggests that it is not serious. So there's that.

Id guess incentives are the reason not being/getting himself ruled out at this point..

Last edited:
I’m rolling my eyes at all the honks who were going “how DARE you say Gronk doesn’t seem 100%, learn to use your eyes and not just read the stat sheet MEDIOTS”

Please tell me who said that ?

To anyone watching games it was clear that he was still dealing with his ankle injury. There were enough close up shots of him visibly frustrated.

Id guess incentives are the reason he didn't rule himself out..

I'm sure the Patriots recommended he sit out against the Colts to give him an extra rest against KC but as you said I'm sure the incentives made him want to tuff it out rather then think long term but it's about the money I'm sure we all would, if I'm banged up I'm forcing myself out on the field for the $ sorry not trying to miss out on any loot.

They’ve added “back” to his injury listing on the injury report. Given his history, that sounds ominous to me.

Definitely worth staying put for more news about that. After two disc surgeries anything about his back should move the needle.

Back injury on report way more concerning than ankle injury. I’ve assumed Gronk has had a back injury for the past nine years every day, and it’s just a question of how bad it happens to be. I fear that injury will ultimately end his career, but hopefully this is just within the norm and we’re far away from talking about the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes