PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe’s McBride: Gronk didn’t make the trip to Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like we'll see a lot of I-formation runs.

hopefully, allen catches a few passes. he was a decent receiver with the dolts

It’ll be really interesting to see what the Pats do next offseason to address the pass catching receivers and tight ends. Edelman cannot have much left at his age (32), Hogan is 29 and doesn’t look like a long-term guy here anymore, obviously Gronk’s long-term availability has been up in the air for a long time (regardless of his status, there’s the strong need to develop a dual threat tight end), Gordon may be the biggest risk in the NFL due to being one screw up away from at least a year-long suspension if not more, and Dorsett isn’t exactly confidence inspiring and will be a FA.

Sorry to be a chicken little here, but realistically, this as close to a total rebuild as I’ve seen with any units in this team in the last 20 years, and finding guys who mesh with Brady is a needle in haystack. Big challenge for the front office. You may see a heavy run attack for awhile with Michel leading the way. Luckily I think this current group has another run left in them for this season.

It’ll be really interesting to see what the Pats do next offseason to address the pass catching receivers and tight ends. Edelman cannot have much left at his age (32), Hogan is 29 and doesn’t look like a long-term guy here anymore, obviously Gronk’s long-term availability has been up in the air for a long time (regardless of his status, there’s the strong need to develop a dual threat tight end), Gordon may be the biggest risk in the NFL due to being one screw up away from at least a year-long suspension if not more, and Dorsett isn’t exactly confidence inspiring and will be a FA.

Sorry to be a chicken little here, but realistically, this as close to a total rebuild as I’ve seen with any units in this team in the last 20 years, and finding guys who mesh with Brady is a needle in haystack. Big challenge for the front office. You may see a heavy run attack for awhile with Michel leading the way.
I & others brought this up months ago & I can't wait to see how it plays out.

We're talking about in the draft forum as well. Next year we have almost no one signed w lots of question marks.

Imo TE1 is a huge concern. I can't see 87 playing past next year at best. I wouldn't be shocked to see him retire after this year. He's one of the most marketable players in sports & could make a lot of money, maybe as much playing, in retirement.

WR/TE going forward is definitely a big concern. Especially considering the chemistry 12 likes to develop over time.

Just hope he hasn’t injured one of the previously-injured discs. I recall reading back in 2016 that if he does he will likely need fusion and bye-bye career.

Sorry to be a chicken little here, but realistically, this as close to a total rebuild as I’ve seen with any units in this team in the last 20 years, and finding guys who mesh with Brady is a needle in haystack. Big challenge for the front office. You may see a heavy run attack for awhile with Michel leading the way. Luckily I think this current group has another run left in them for this season.

FWIW, they have four receivers still on the payroll on IR/NFI: Darren Andrews, Braxton Berrios, Riley McCarron, and Cody Hollister.

He can’t have many seasons left. Why does he even play in the preseason? Should hold him out vs Buffalo too.

He can’t have many seasons left. Why does he even play in the preseason? Should hold him out vs Buffalo too.

See: Brady, Tom, 2008.

Would anyone be really that surprised if Gronkowski is put on IR Monday?

Just hope he hasn’t injured one of the previously-injured discs. I recall reading back in 2016 that if he does he will likely need fusion and bye-bye career.
As surprised as I am that he’s still playing now, they all said the same exact thing during the last back injury, too.

looks like we'll see a lot of I-formation runs.

hopefully, allen catches a few passes. he was a decent receiver with the dolts

I would say "I hope he doubles his production" but that would be -8 yards. :D

Kidding aside they only need him to block effectively and if he can throw in a catch or two that would be a nice bonus.

Ack!

Though he also says Gronk hasn’t been officially ruled out yet.

They’re working on him today and will try to get him out tonight or first thing tomorrow morning? Why else would they not rule him out after not putting him on the plane?

I know how this turns out. He shows up but is benched except for kickoffs

Well that's good, it means that it's not serious or something to worry about otherwise he would of been ruled out and tests would of have been made n all so worst case he's out tmw and he plays next Monday against the Bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe