PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore tests positive now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilmore supposedly asymptomatic...

So what's the mobs consensus on this? Sympathy or victim blaming?

The NFL, a multi-billion dollar business, had half a year to figure out a contingency plan for possible COVID-19 cases. Instead, they went on as if the pandemic doesn't even exist.

Unbelievable incompetence.
Yet, We all continue to watch every Sunday.

Not any more likely than 2 PS player getting it. I'd be shocked if this remains the last positive. If there is one thing to be learned from the absolute disaster that is how the league handled the Titans situation is that the Pats game needs to be moved right now to give the team enough time to get through the incubation period before returning to practice.

But of course that won't happen..

Not that won't happen because it's the Patriots. The NFL front office is filled with Patriot haters and arrogant AF. Always has been.

**** THE NFL, seriously. Everyone saw this coming, and yet they made the Pats play an unwinnable game without their starting QB. And now this. Whatever, **** 2020.

The value in COVID is to teach, and prepare, for a more infectious, more deadly virus in the future. We've had the opportunity for months, as a country, to accept this lesson in epidemiology but heartily resisted. As a result, we've done half-way measures that have had only a little impact and effectively extended the virus' impact for another year.

Maybe that's what we needed to learn with this one: half-way measures only make things worse.

Now, with football as a focal point, maybe we'll get some large scale learning about infection patterns and control. Ironic and sad, but it is another opportunity.

The game... maybe the season... MAYBE THE WHOLE LEAGUE...

tenor.gif
Hate to agree but the NFL needs to do this and stop the landslide.

No way the league just cancels, too much money at stake for that to happen. They will weasel and snake their way into playing games, no doubt about it.
Kraft can insist that they postpone the game. He bears some responsibility too.

I know they won't, but they can't have it both ways. Either you stay in the bubble from September to February (December for most) or you are at much greater risk to getting covid. The players were the ones complaining about being "scared"...well, this is the format they chose. Look at what Gary Bettman did in the NHL, and I'm no fan of his. He insisted on a bubble and it worked out. I don't recall a single NHL player getting covid during the summer, but I could be wrong. Same deal with the NBA.

The handshakes/hugs at the end of the game between players need to be banned. Who knows how many people Gilmore infected, including Mahomes. This is all on Goodell and the NFLPA.
I don’t hear players saying they should go in the bubble I hear posters saying it

Expecting anytime the announcement the Patriots will lose a high draft pick because Gilmore greeted Mahomes and he was generally aware he was infected or something.

herr goodell: we want to be very stringent about covid protocols and preventing the spread

makes 2 teams that had positive results 2 days before play

Yes. Time to start canceling games. Because the thing I laid out in my prior post is how this thing could tear thru the league
I don’t get the logic of cancelling the season in order to prevent having to cancel the season.

Not that won't happen because it's the Patriots. The NFL front office is filled with Patriot haters and arrogant AF. Always has been.
The persecution complex is a bit much. Cam tested positive on Friday. We had no other positives until today. The Titans had people testing positive every day. There is no correlation between the two. The NFL's job is to play the games. We still have a good chance to play Sunday or Monday depending on if anyone tests. It is what it is this season. The Steelers got hosed worse having to play 13 straight weeks because of the Titans.

No way the league just cancels, too much money at stake for that to happen. They will weasel and snake their way into playing games, no doubt about it.
It’s their purpose in existing. Why would you call it weaseling and snaking. The players all have the option of opting out. You act as if they are being forced

2 false positive tests? 2 best players? Who is handling these tests? I don't believe for a minute that Cam is sick.

Kraft can insist that they postpone the game. He bears some responsibility too.
Why would he do that? What would it solve?
the longer you push things back, the more cases you will be dealing with. If you cancel games because 1 player on 1 team tested positive, by Halloween the season will be cancelled.

2 false positive tests? 2 best players? Who is handling these tests? I don't believe for a minute that Cam is sick.

They give each player 2 additional tests if the 1st one is positive...

The only way the NFL can somewhat control this is to put these guys in a bubble like the NBA and NHL. Otherwise these incidents will continue.
Still waiting for someone to tell me where in the U.S. the NFL could put an NBA style bubble.... you’d need 32 NFL caliber practice facilities and at least a dozen NFL caliber playing fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back