PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore tests positive now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if there was ever a season to transition from the GOAT to a new QB this is it. Totally screwed up season in every dimension.

Same as the Red Sox losing their manager at the perfect time.

What would you like him to do cancel all the games?
I hate Goodell as much as anyone but millions of people have gotten this disease worldwide and acting like it’s preventable and the only cause is stupidity is foolish.

herr goodell: we want to be very stringent about covid protocols and preventing the spread

makes 2 teams that had positive results 2 days before play

Yes. Time to start canceling games. Because the thing I laid out in my prior post is how this thing could tear thru the league

The only way the NFL can somewhat control this is to put these guys in a bubble like the NBA and NHL. Otherwise these incidents will continue.

O rly?
Who ever would have thought this could possibly happen? I mean they had negative tests two days apart! [/eyeroll]
Maybe one day very stupid people will finally realize THAT ISNT HOW THE VIRUS WORKS!

The NFL, a multi-billion dollar business, had half a year to figure out a contingency plan for possible COVID-19 cases. Instead, they went on as if the pandemic doesn't even exist.

Unbelievable incompetence.

This exactly. I just don't understand how they didn't have a real plan B except "lets move any affected game by a day or two". They first scared some players into opting out by handling the entire negotiation about COVID protocols with the NFLPA as some kind of labor dispute instead of realising that not negotiating over every dollar during a pandemic would be mutually beneficial.

And then they were caught with their pants down when the most predictable thing ever occured. A team having a cluster of positives. And being the dumbasses that they are instead they made it adversarial by announcing investigations into those teams. Just to again wash their own hands clean.

Absolute worldclass morons..

Says the guy who switched to the Bucs...your avatar proves it. :rolleyes:
Says the guy promoting the business of the Bucs QB. Do you have stock in TB12?

Oh it will happen. Pats best offense and defensive players out? Chance for them to drop 2-3 and give the bildos a 3 game lead? No brainer for the league to try to get this game in

Raiders played the Pats
Pats played the Chiefs
Raiders played the Bills
Raiders play the Chiefs Sunday
Bills & Titans are supposed to play Sunday
Chiefs & Bills play next Thursday
Pats play the Broncos this week, who play the Chiefs week 7.

Pats, Raiders and Chiefs have all had players test positive within the last 4 days and the Titans are still testing positive

This is gonna spiral

One NFL reporter tweeted that the NFL may force teams who cant play to forfeit.

I don't know how much validity there is to that, but nothing with Goodell surprises me.

One NFL reporter tweeted that the NFL may force teams who cant play to forfeit.

I don't know how much validity there is to that, but nothing with Goodell surprises me.

that would be highly unfair. the titans and steelers get their game rescheduled but other teams have fo forfeit?

Oh no! They should not have played, and we all knew it, either in the back of our minds or in the front. Meanly, I hope they gave it to the Chiefs. I would serve the NFL right. Get well soon Stephon.

The wheels are wobbling badly. They’re going to fall off any day now.

There are going to be a lot more positive tests with the Pats in the next week...it's just the beginning.

The thing is that you can now essentially reset the incubation timer to the plane ride back instead of it being last Friday. We lost like 4 days just because the league decided they could just do nothing all summer instead of coming up with a schedule that contained buffer.

So which plane was gilly on? They should've never played on Monday. This is ridiculous! Goodell and his staff should be fired for this!

Well, in a league run by greedy ignoramuses and whose players have the worst union in sports, what else would you expect besides horrible, dangerous decisions?

No way the league just cancels, too much money at stake for that to happen. They will weasel and snake their way into playing games, no doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back