PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore tests positive now

Status
Not open for further replies.
The value in COVID is to teach, and prepare, for a more infectious, more deadly virus in the future. We've had the opportunity for months, as a country, to accept this lesson in epidemiology but heartily resisted. As a result, we've done half-way measures that have had only a little impact and effectively extended the virus' impact for another year.

Maybe that's what we needed to learn with this one: half-way measures only make things worse.

Now, with football as a focal point, maybe we'll get some large scale learning about infection patterns and control. Ironic and sad, but it is another opportunity.
It’s who we are. Love it or hate it, that’s a reflection on who we are as a country.

Congratulations to the league office on the genius decision to force the game on monday.

the league knew this and still went ahead with the game, honestly couldn't think of a better example of how incompetent the league is on this thing, I mean they have no clue and that's backed by herr goodell going all dictator and threatening fines, draft picks and game forfeits to try to make up for his and the other morons in the league office incompetency

The league will never cease to amaze me. They still have the Chiefs practicing today. Literally two days after their star QB and face of the league was seen at midfield shaking hands with the reigning DPOY who that day tested negative but it turns out he has it and apparently got it from Cam Newton. The Titans are still having positive tests come back a week and a half later! They can’t even open their facilities! This is mind boggling and the only way to save this season is to put a two week pause on everything and decide on team hotels and full quarantine and just hope that works.

One NFL reporter tweeted that the NFL may force teams who cant play to forfeit.

I don't know how much validity there is to that, but nothing with Goodell surprises me.
Forfeits will never happen. Would be too punitive to the teams competing with the team who got the free win.

Still waiting for someone to tell me where in the U.S. the NFL could put an NBA style bubble.... you’d need 32 NFL caliber practice facilities and at least a dozen NFL caliber playing fields.
You would have to do it 3 locations like the MLB had proposed initially. Probably Arizona, Florida and Texas would make the most sense.

Wasnt there a picture of Gilmore and Mahomes talking face to face after the game?

You would have to do it 3 locations like the MLB had proposed initially. Probably Arizona, Florida and Texas would make the most sense.
Well if it’s 3 locations then it’s not an NBA style bubble, is it? And if teams are constantly traveling from one bubble to the next, then it’s not really even a bubble at all, is it? And where in TX, AZ or FL are there 10 NFL caliber practice facilities plus a half dozen or so NFL caliber fields all within immediate proximity to each other?

So was Cam but they can clearly still spread it.
Saying someone is asymptomatic means less than nothing at this point. We’ve known for the better part of a year that you can spread this without symptoms. That’s one of the most dangerous points to the virus.

Gilmore likely spreaded it to a few people we won’t even know about for the next 4 days just on Monday alone. He can’t be with the team

Wasnt there a picture of Gilmore and Mahomes talking face to face after the game?
sadly this is getting a lot of spin now in the media with somehow pats and gilmore being blamed if mahomes get its. Forget the backup QB for the chiefs had already tested positive.

Saying someone is asymptomatic means less than nothing at this point. We’ve known for the better part of a year that you can spread this without symptoms. That’s one of the most dangerous points to the virus.

Gilmore likely spreaded it to a few people we won’t even know about for the next 4 days just on Monday alone. He can’t be with the team

yes!I’ve been texting my brother and he says Ginore hugged Mahomes at the end of the game.

Well if it’s 3 locations then it’s not an NBA style bubble, is it? And if teams are constantly traveling from one bubble to the next, then it’s not really even a bubble at all, is it? And where in TX, AZ or FL are there 10 NFL caliber practice facilities plus a half dozen or so NFL caliber fields all within immediate proximity to each other?

the NBA was not a single bubble either......teams had to travel from the resort to basketball arenas in the area.....ideally, you would have 8 bubbles, one for each division and derive a schedule that would have 2 games played in each bubble each weekend.......then you have teams travel between bubbles the same way they travel these days (hired buses and planes) .... think of it as driving from your enclosed garage to enclosed parking at another location without opening anything or picking anyone up

You can't do the NBA bubble but keeping things to 3-4 locations is much better than having 16 teams travel every week all over the country. I have no idea which states have the most facilities, I just threw those states out there but that can be researched and done. I think it will probably come to that at some point.

Oh if Gilmore infected Mahomes the penalties to the Pats will be horrendous. Because Belichick said no to their beloved Jets 20 years ago.

I have no idea what you are talking about but most Football Associations are not corrupt at all. It is mostly FIFA and their process to give away World Cups that is taking a big dump on the credibility of the sport. Similarly all of the big leagues have much better protocols and measures in place with most no big clusters happening since they restarted their competition a few months back. Some are even already allowing spectators back.

The NFL is a clown circus compared to La Liga, EPL or Bundesliga. Same for the intercontinental competitions like Champions League or the Europa League. Hell, even the Italian Serie A is better organised. So I am kinda confused what you are talking about.
Ive got a nice coastal residence in Minas Gerais to sell you

PS - also, good job confusing Leagues, who are sometimes run (bust mostly overseen) by their federal associations with the entities themselves. Very american

PPS - I follow soccer all over the world, not just the main ones in europe. If you dont know what Im talking about,Luuked, step up ur game

Last edited:
yes!I’ve been texting my brother and he says Ginore hugged Mahomes at the end of the game.

gilmore was walking around following PM after the game, which looked kinda weird to me.

postgame:

Ejucl_7XgAEWX6u

Florio on violations of postgame protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back