PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giardi: Patriots Players are Miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady and Gronk are unhappy because access to their trainer was taken away—something they need to perform their jobs in a more efficient manner. That doesn’t seem a bit different than the average prima dona complaining about selfish needs?

Yeah, it totally makes sense to me that they would both be unhappy re: Guerrero if everything went down as reported. Just put yourself in Brady's shoes, it's like "FFS man, I'm 40 years old and I just won MVP and I've done literally everything right and been the consummate team guy for like 20 years running now. Literally the only concession I've ever asked for is that I be able to use the trainer that I trust, whose results frankly speak for themselves because again, I'm a ****ing 40 year old quarterback still playing 16 game seasons at an MVP level. I'm not exactly asking for star treatment here."

If I'm Brady--and again, if everything went down as reported, which I'm still not ready to accept as a given--I would be pretty unhappy about that as well.

With all due respect, that's as a revisionist history of what happened there as anyone could possibly concoct. You're inventing and lying. And it's " could have", not " could of."
What the hell am I “inventing and lying”? You have no clue what you are talking about. Maybe you don’t recall what happened but please don’t accuse me of being a liar.

“Go ask Tom. He handles the footballs” was Belichicks first response in regards to Deflategate. That’s a fact. And please don’t act like its “as a revisionist history of what happened there as anyone can concoct”. It’s been out there for 3 years now. On January 22, 2015 the Boston Globe ran an article with the headline BILL BELICHICK THROWS TOM BRADY UNDER THE BUS. Google it if you want. Maybe you don’t agree with it, and that’s fine, but don’t act like this is my “revisionist history”.

And thanks for the grammar lesson.

What the hell am I “inventing and lying”? You have no clue what you are talking about. Maybe you don’t recall what happened but please don’t accuse me of being a liar.

“Go ask Tom. He handles the footballs” was Belichicks first response in regards to Deflategate. That’s a fact. And please don’t act like its “as a revisionist history of what happened there as anyone can concoct”. It’s been out there for 3 years now. On January 22, 2015 the Boston Globe ran an article with the headline BILL BELICHICK THROWS TOM BRADY UNDER THE BUS. Google it if you want. Maybe you don’t agree with it, and that’s fine, but don’t act like this is my “revisionist history”.

That is not a fact. The words you put in quotes were not saud by belichick.

That is not a fact. The words you put in quotes were not saud by belichick.

The words may not be exact, as I didn’t search out the quote, but that was pretty much what Belichick had said and it has been written and talked about that he threw Brady under the bus that day.

You are correct though that the words I used are not fact and I shouldn’t have written that they were his exact words.

You're welcome. Glad to help. You need all you can get.

The words may not be exact, as I didn’t search out the quote, but that was pretty much what Belichick had said and it has been written and talked about that he threw Brady under the bus that day.

You are correct though that the words I used are not fact and I shouldn’t have written that they were his exact words.
You are also misrepresenting the context and thrust of the comments.

Did you watch the ending of the documentary or read the comments made by Brady (and the director) posted earlier in the thread? These are coming directly from Brady, himself, who also took the time to show what he now has to go through to receive treatment for his injuries by hiding in a suite with blockers in front of the windows.

Judging by Brady’s comments, how he carefully chose to portray the documentary, Gisele’s comments, Etc, there seems to be much more this time than “just” some talking head mediots. Are they possibly overblowing it? Sure, but there’s obviously some discord. Again, even Kraft has commented on it, as well as the need to have a meeting to try and iron some things out.

To be honest only watched the first three episodes, and then it seemed to morph into a shameless effort at self promotion.. do not need this to like Brady and his brand, if anything it tarnished some of my beliefs..

I do think that the mediots have played this for more than it is, the replaying of Chopra's comments over and over again the other day by Bertram searching for some hidden meaning, sealed the deal for me.. am burnt out by local sports talk radio lately for overanalyzing things and revealing hidden meanings of mundane things..

It is unrealistic for this franchise and any organization to all get along, there will be bumps in the road and anything less is just naivete.. BB and his inner circle have had enough experience to right this ship if it needs "rightening".. imo a lot of it is overplayed for the sake of ratings and facebook likes or other such nonsense..

With all due respect, that's as a revisionist history of what happened there as anyone could possibly concoct. You're inventing and lying. And it's " could have", not " could of."

Sometimes I wish Ian would allow more than one rating. So here's the "agree" to go along with the funny.

The difference between you and Brady is that Brady can walk out tomorrow and every company in his industry would pay top dollar for a one year contract and Brady's new team would instantly be several magnitudes better for it and Brady's old team will be several magnitudes worse for it.

People shouldn't forget that Belichick went 5-11 and was 0-2 staring down another mediocre season when Brady showed up.

Cute.

In the real world though Brady needs the Patriots as much as they need him. If he walks out, he walks straight into a new OC, new offensive system, all new receiving crew and so on. After hearing for years how notoriously difficult it is to get into his circle of trust and see things the same way he does on the field I am sure it will be just awesome for him to transition into something completely new at the age of 41.

If he walks out of here he is essentially done with competing and becomes a circus attraction for whoever wants him (which will not be many teams).

You homers really need to look more realistically at Brady and his value outside NE. This idea that he has some kind of leverage over walking out is laughable..

Cute.

In the real world though Brady needs the Patriots as much as they need him. If he walks out, he walks straight into a new OC, new offensive system, all new receiving crew and so on. After hearing for years how notoriously difficult it is to get into his circle of trust and see things the same way he does on the field I am sure it will be just awesome for him to transition into something completely new at the age of 41.

If he walks out of here he is essentially done with competing and becomes a circus attraction for whoever wants him (which will not be many teams).

You homers really need to look more realistically at Brady and his value outside NE. This idea that he has some kind of leverage over walking out is laughable..
Was Peyton Manning done being competitive when he left the Colts? All Brady has to do is look around for the most stacked team that needs a QB, they'll have a 4 year window, which is all Brady likely has left anyways. He doesn't need someone whose going to foster 17 years of competition. He needs someone whose a QB away from getting a handful of good competitive years.

Teams wouldn't rush to sign theI reigning NFL MVP? Come on man.
It's really bad logic and there is irony in calling people homers for suggesting one of the players might not need the team.

Brady's not going to get any longterm deals. But most of the league would pay him a fortune for one or two years.

He'd have more than a few rings. You really think he wouldn't? Brady could go to a handful of teams and put them over the top this year.

Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Houston, San Diego, Minnesota.

Good imagination

To be fair, I'm mostly on Team Belichick over Team Guerrero on this. Rare place for me to be, but sociopath head coach takes it by a nose over sleazy cultish snake oil salesman.

To be fair, I'm mostly on Team Belichick over Team Guerrero on this. Rare place for me to be, but sociopath head coach takes it by a nose over sleazy cultish snake oil salesman.
Belichick is the man, it shouldn't even be a question lol. It's just Guerrero's tied to Brady's hip so it's more "can the head coach keep the star QB happy enough that he doesn't feel like there are greener pastures".

At the end of the day neither man has anything to prove. Them staying together is purely to our benefit. Until one of them loses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST