PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giardi: Patriots Players are Miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't read the whole thread so I may be repeating what others have said. But here's my two cents. These guys are together for basically 6+ straight months during the year. And throw on top of it all the off season stuff they do together. There is NO way that ANY NFL clubhouse is just one big pile of hugs. These are men - coaches, owners, players alike - with huge egos that often come into play. For a very very long time Belichick has gotten his team to subject personal stuff to the team goals.

I think the whole Guerrero thing has some real teeth to it though. It's clear that Brady is ALL IN on the TB12 method and it's clear that not only does he hinge his football career on it, but he is basing his post-football career on it as well. And Guerrero is influencing other players too. There's no way that's sitting well with the Pats' training staff, who use traditional methods in contradiction to Guerrero's ideas. It works for Brady and maybe Gronk and some others, but it is still unconventional and borders on wacky to many.

I can easily see Guerrero's presence being a problem for the training staff, especially if he's extending himself too far and inserting himself into other players' business. It must chap Belichick to see this kind of friction and so he made a move to put Guerrero outside the building. Makes sense. But then that pisses Brady and Gronk off, etc. So I think this is real, not manufactured.

What they need to do is to come to some sort of workable solution. I think they will, but it doesn't appear that they have yet.

Hopefully during that talk, they can figure out a way to make it work. You know, the greatest coach of all time will be able to coach big egos.
So, I believe there’s a way

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference