PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giardi: Patriots Players are Miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it totally makes sense to me that they would both be unhappy re: Guerrero if everything went down as reported. Just put yourself in Brady's shoes, it's like "FFS man, I'm 40 years old and I just won MVP and I've done literally everything right and been the consummate team guy for like 20 years running now. Literally the only concession I've ever asked for is that I be able to use the trainer that I trust, whose results frankly speak for themselves because again, I'm a ****ing 40 year old quarterback still playing 16 game seasons at an MVP level. I'm not exactly asking for star treatment here."

If I'm Brady--and again, if everything went down as reported, which I'm still not ready to accept as a given--I would be pretty unhappy about that as well.
Where did you get the idea that Brady, Gronk, and anyone else that went to TB12 couldn't use Guerero anymore? Let's try to focus on the FACTS for a change in all this. Brady's access to Guerero didn't change at all. Everyone else who when to TB12 including Gronk were free to go to TB12 as long as they could make the 300 yd walk to the TB12 facility any time they wanted.

One of the reasons for the Pats long term success is that they have always spoken with ONE voice. Guerero committed the cardinal sin of creating a second voice. The Pats pay their training staff to train their players. Right or wrong Guerero was becoming a 2nd voice in certain matters from a guy who WASN'T on staff. You cannot have that and succeed.

2 other quick thoughts: Guerero isn't the only personal trainer who continues to work with players around the league. So the Guerero/BB dust-up is NOT a unique thing. It happens all the time. But because it was Brady, BB, and the Pats, it became a bigger thing that it should have.

Secondly, BB's response was actually quite mild. It was a wrist slap that was "much ado about nothing". Like I said, Brady's access didn't change a bit, and no one else was told NOT to use TB12, just not at the stadium. Why would anyone question BB wanting his players to follow the directions of the guys he's paying to train them when they are in THEIR building. What they do when they are out of the building was NEVER an issue.

Was Peyton Manning done being competitive when he left the Colts? All Brady has to do is look around for the most stacked team that needs a QB, they'll have a 4 year window, which is all Brady likely has left anyways. He doesn't need someone whose going to foster 17 years of competition. He needs someone whose a QB away from getting a handful of good competitive years.

Manning was the 180 opposite of Brady. He had a playbook of 4-5 plays and their variations. He did all his work presnap.

Brady has a playbook of about 30-40 plays and does most of his work post snap by being on the same page as his receiving options in their option routes against specific coverages. And presnap via motions.

One of those two skillsets is easy to transfer. The other one requires an entire environment.

And dont give me any of the Manning was also good postsnap and Brady also reads coverages presnap. Yes we know that. But those are not the things that set them apart from other QBs.

The reality is that Brady is a master of being in Erhardt-Perkins and is not a plug and play player. He could certainly be amazing in many other systems but that requires time which he really doesnt have anymore.

If he wants to win it is NE or bust for him at this stage of his career.

Last edited:
Cute.

In the real world though Brady needs the Patriots as much as they need him. If he walks out, he walks straight into a new OC, new offensive system, all new receiving crew and so on. After hearing for years how notoriously difficult it is to get into his circle of trust and see things the same way he does on the field I am sure it will be just awesome for him to transition into something completely new at the age of 41.

If he walks out of here he is essentially done with competing and becomes a circus attraction for whoever wants him (which will not be many teams).

You homers really need to look more realistically at Brady and his value outside NE. This idea that he has some kind of leverage over walking out is laughable..

It stuns me how much you guys devalue Brady and say the same things the Manning-acolytes have been saying for years about him being a system-QB. Guess what? Brady has the clout to bring his system with him the same way Manning did.

Guess what?

Brady has played with a constant revolving door of flotsam and jetsam at WR. He has made them.

Anyone who thinks Brady doesn't have the clout to tell an OC what to do is absolutely delusional.

Good imagination

The way you guys denigrate Brady is astounding. I can't believe what I'm reading here. He could easily do what Manning did with the Broncos.

If anything, he could go to these teams with loaded WRs and offensive personnel and rip things up.

The Patriots as they are currently constructed rely on Brady for an impossibly heavy load. Once he leaves, the whole house of cards comes crashing down.

I thought everyone realized this while watching the defense. Bereft of talent.

Gronk certainly seems to fit that description, with Brady I think it’s more complex, as by all accounts Brady is every bit as much of a hard ass as Belichick is both in practice and in games. I get that Belichick wears on these guys but it’s also that demand for excellence that leads to their championships. And if Brady, in particular, is so sick of it then he really should have told the Kraft’s and Belichick that last offseason so they could trade him and turn the team over to Garrapolo.

I would be willing to wager, Brady feels he's done enough, at 40 years old, after 17 years, 8 trips to the SB and 5 rings, that he's earned the right to be treated more like a peer to BB than a 24 year old kid fresh out of college.

It stuns me how much you guys devalue Brady and say the same things the Manning-acolytes have been saying for years about him being a system-QB. Guess what? Brady has the clout to bring his system with him the same way Manning did.

Guess what?

Brady has played with a constant revolving door of flotsam and jetsam at WR. He has made them.

Anyone who thinks Brady doesn't have the clout to tell an OC what to do is absolutely delusional.
It’s just ridiculous.

I would be willing to wager, Brady feels he's done enough, at 40 years old, after 17 years, 8 trips to the SB and 5 rings, that he's earned the right to be treated more like a peer to BB than a 24 year old kid fresh out of college.

And I would be willing to bet that Belichick, after over 35 years of coaching, 7 Super Bowl Rings, and an array of hardware that actually surpasses that of Brady, believes that he is still the coach and Brady still a player.

I doubt there are many here who have defended Brady as much as I have but he doesn’t run the team, Belichick does. And while I think he deserves an immense amount of respect he should have told them he was unhappy here before they traded Garrapolo, if that is in fact the case. And as hard as Brady works, and that is incredibly hard, there is still one person who actually works harder than him, and that’s Belichick.

Does any of this mean that I think Belichick should be such a prick all the time, no, but as long as he runs the show that is still his prerogative. It probably isn’t the best choice, but it’s still his choice. If the Kraft’s feel otherwise then that’s their choice. That’s just the way it works.

That said I do believe Belichick should lighten up and figure this out to all of their benefit.

Guess what?

Breath in and breath out. Nobody is devaluing Brady at all. You just need to read what’s written and not imagine things just so you can be outraged and swing the Brady vs Manning homer bat.

Nobody is saying Manning is better. Only that his offense is easier to move than ours. And I don’t think there is any argument about that.

He has done enough, and quite frankly Brady the Greatest player to ever play. He should be treated differently...

With that, it doesn’t give his personal trainer the right to to tell players to undermine the teams whole medical and strength and conditioning staff. Guerrero abused his privileges.

we, as fans, have to get back to hating the OTHER teams instead of our own....

my-two-cents.gif

and where do you think Brady would be if it weren't for BB drafting him? probably ringless
It's possible. But I think Tom would have found a way to win at least one.

His history is to make the most and best of what/who is around him, and to utilize his resources, without complaining. As an athlete, he's one of the top character guys I've ever seen - along with being among the most driven.

Without BB, I find it hard to believe he'd not have walked on somewhere. Kurt Warner's story is inspirational, and it just happened before Tom graduated.

Joe Montana was his idol and he set a pretty good example. And not being on the Patriots, he'd have all the positive support and he's be a national hero even if he just won one or two titles.

2002 was a rough year and a rough time for him. Adjusting from being who? to The Star that quickly is a challenge for any person. But as always, he went back to how he always handles adversity -- with focus and hard work.

we, as fans, have to get back to hating the OTHER teams instead of our own....

my-two-cents.gif
Boooo! Much more fun beating up a team that missed out on a 2nd back to back title run.

Regards,
Chris

The way you guys denigrate Brady is astounding. I can't believe what I'm reading here. He could easily do what Manning did with the Broncos.

If anything, he could go to these teams with loaded WRs and offensive personnel and rip things up.

The Patriots as they are currently constructed rely on Brady for an impossibly heavy load. Once he leaves, the whole house of cards comes crashing down.

I thought everyone realized this while watching the defense. Bereft of talent.

I’m not denigrating anyone.....I just refuse to believe that it’s all because of him and that he would have done the same anywhere else

Talk about being flat out drunk on koolaid

It's possible. But I think Tom would have found a way to win at least one.

His history is to make the most and best of what/who is around him, and to utilize his resources, without complaining. As an athlete, he's one of the top character guys I've ever seen - along with being among the most driven.

Without BB, I find it hard to believe he'd not have walked on somewhere. Kurt Warner's story is inspirational, and it just happened before Tom graduated.

Joe Montana was his idol and he set a pretty good example. And not being on the Patriots, he'd have all the positive support and he's be a national hero even if he just won one or two titles.

2002 was a rough year and a rough time for him. Adjusting from being who? to The Star that quickly is a challenge for any person. But as always, he went back to how he always handles adversity -- with focus and hard work.

And 2003? The opportunity to win was handed to him on a silver platter by the defense

2004? 11 takeaways in the playoffs....defense again

1st part of his career his job was to not screw things up since the defense would just sit on the opponent

Yes, he is goat, but it has just as much with the opportunity as it does taking advantage of it

And 2003? The opportunity to win was handed to him on a silver platter by the defense

2004? 11 takeaways in the playoffs....defense again

1st part of his career his job was to not screw things up since the defense would just sit on the opponent

Yes, he is goat, but it has just as much with the opportunity as it does taking advantage of it
You make a crucial point - not screwing up.

Not screwing up is a challenge and an accomplishment for a QB, especially in the NFL.

That Brady was able to at a pretty young age, was one of the signals that he had a promising future.

Later, he became a weapon all by himself, but the team didn't have nearly as good a defense.

Hopefully, we can have a strong D in 2018.

and where do you think Brady would be if it weren't for BB drafting him? probably ringless
And where do you think Bill would be if it weren't for Brady playing under him? Probably ringless, and exactly like **** LeBeau: Defensive Co-ordinator lifer, and a Failure as a Head Coach.

And where do you think Bill would be if it weren't for Brady playing under him? Probably ringless, and exactly like **** LeBeau: Defensive Co-ordinator lifer, and a Failure as a Head Coach.
Good thing Bill drafted Tom, carried him as the 4th QB his rookie year and developed him so he could carry his ass for 17 years....

Last edited:

Maybe.......maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back