PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game 7 Official Thread

Varitek ... no contract for you ... screw you.

Lowrie, become a hero.

Now we see Lowrie? Oh man...

It's over... Had a bad feeling ever since we messed up the bases loaded chance in the 8th.

Oh well ..better the Rays than anyone else but it still sucks.

The better team won, what can you say? It's good to see a team like the Devil Rays make it to the WS.

I know it stings now, but I'm rooting for the Rays 1,000 percent. **** the Phillies! Keep the curse alive.

We had our chances and didn't take them tonight.

Good luck to the Rays. We made them earn it.

i'm not a red sox fan. I don't like the red sox, nor the rays, i have no rooting interest in this game.

That said, that has to be the worst called third strike i've ever seen in that sort of situation. That was at least 6 inches off the plate. One more reason i'll take football over baseball; even on their worst day, a football referee can't affect a game as much as the home plate umpire.

your joking, right?

I know it stings now, but I'm rooting for the Rays 1,000 percent. **** the Phillies! Keep the curse alive.

I didn't know these sting rays could be fatal though. :(

The way the umpire seemed to be calling the strike zone late in the game, makes that a tough way to go out. Great comeback in the series even if they didn't finish it off, but the Red Sox played commendably. Probably would have been a different series with better health for Beckett and Lowell. I think either team would get smoked by the Phillies, that team has the look of a champion, but who knows.

Let's face it, that Rays team is stacked. We should be proud of our Sox team taking them to the limit. Good luck to them in the WS, which they will win.

I am so happy the Pats are playing Monday night now, need to get this loss out of my system.

Joking about what? The call, or not being a fan of either team?

It was a bad call. One that was the second out of the ninth inning. Taking football over baseball because a referee can't effect a game as much as an umpire is not only f'ked up reasoning, but is also false. This coming from a die-hard Red Sox fan who has seen many, many home plate umpires skrew the Sox out of many titles. But to say that a football referee isn't just as capable of throwing a game is dead wrong. Just ask Sugar Ray Hamilton.

It was a bad call. One that was the second out of the ninth inning. Taking football over baseball because a referee can't effect a game as much as an umpire is not only f'ked up reasoning, but is also false. This coming from a die-hard Red Sox fan who has seen many, many home plate umpires skrew the Sox out of many titles. But to say that a football referee isn't just as capable of throwing a game is dead wrong. Just ask Sugar Ray Hamilton.

The difference is, even on the worst day for a Football referee, he'll botch two or three of those calls badly, and that's a rare occurrence. Can they turn a game? Sure. Not the same way the home plate umpire can basically destroy the flow of a game by calling an inconsistent game, squeezing pitchers or giving guys pitches 4 to 6" off the plate. It's like if there was a judgment call involved every time the ball was snapped in Football, which just isn't the case. I'll take Football over Baseball for a hell of a lot of other reasons though.

Since both teams in the WS are division rivals of my favorite teams (Marlins and Sox)...

I'm just not watching. Don't really care who wins either.

Dolphin Stadium.. Opening day 2009 here I come!

The difference is, even on the worst day for a Football referee, he'll botch two or three of those calls badly, and that's a rare occurrence. Can they turn a game? Sure. Not the same way the home plate umpire can basically destroy the flow of a game by calling an inconsistent game, squeezing pitchers or giving guys pitches 4 to 6" off the plate. It's like if there was a judgment call involved every time the ball was snapped in Football, which just isn't the case. I'll take Football over Baseball for a hell of a lot of other reasons though.

First of all, I didn't think it was a badly called game. What other calls did you see that were outrageous and cost the Sox the game. Secondly, you didn't respond to the Sugar Ray Hamilton judgement.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back