PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Future of the Franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voluntarysaftey

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I'm guessing Brady has 2 more years left.

I'd be surprised if Belichick has more than 2 years left as well.

We have gone from having a plan to compete for another 10+ years -- Garropollo and one of McDaniels/Patricia leading the way to

Starting over at QB
Starting over at HC
Starting over at OC
Starting over at DC

Is there any hope that the Patriots will continue to be a top 5 team in the 2020s?

We have gone from having a plan to compete for another 10+ years -- Garropollo and one of McDaniels/Patricia leading the way to

Starting over at QB
Starting over at HC
Starting over at OC
Starting over at DC

Is there any hope that the Patriots will continue to be a top 5 team in the 2020s?
Brady will play 4 more years, getting replaced by new heir BB drafts this draft or next that he once again develops.
BB will enjoy yet again showing his greatness by "coaching up" new star coordinators out of his group. It is part of his legend and legacy.
And even in 4 years, BB may decide to keep going, depending on how successful he has been and how he feels.

Brady will play 4 more years, getting replaced by new heir BB drafts this draft or next that he once again develops.
BB will enjoy yet again showing his greatness by "coaching up" new star coordinators out of his group. It is part of his legend and legacy.
And even in 4 years, BB may decide to keep going, depending on how successful he has been and how he feels.

"Bill Belichick Can't Stop"

Starting over at QB
Starting over at HC
Starting over at OC
Starting over at DC

I agree with Brady having two years left. Time waits for no man, including the GOAT

I think Belichick is going to coach well into his 70's, but I could be wrong.

I don't think that the OC and DC matter all that much. It's all about the players and BB.

Practice squad post?

Nobody ever expected McDaniels or Patricia to stay forever, if the success was maintained.

No one has ever described a viable way to keep Garropollo past this season without absolutely destroying the team for next year by salary cap hell, so he was gone after his stint as QB insurance was gone.

Right off the top, then, 3/5 of your post is off the rails.

BB won't coach forever and TB won't play forever. Shocker. There isn't really a good strategy to replace the GOAT coach and the GOAT QB, though. I'd imagine that we'll do our best and (shocker) the next 17 years won't all be as amazing as the last 17 totally unprecedented years.

Just enjoy what we have, or hate it, if you're a troll.

Thank God we've finally gotten the 5,000,000th variation of this thread!

I wonder if any member of the media has dealt with this topic recently, and if it's been discussed around here....

1) Brady may have another 3-5 years left. We don’t know.
2) Belichick may have another 5-10 years left. We don’t know.
3) In the next few years there will be QBs available in the draft and in free agency. We can still get our QB of the future. The sky hasn’t fallen.
4) Another Super Bowl is the most important thing. Majority of franchises in the league haven’t won one. Brady in the next few years gives us as good a shot at a SB as any team in the league. I’d rather shoot for more SB’s in the next 3 years with the best player in NFL history then roll the dice setting up the next decade with someone else (which will be addressed via the draft anyways).
5) We are 1 game away from another SB and you are posting about what will happen the next decade? Seriously, enjoy the ride man. We’ve been given a gift no other NFL fans have ever had.

OK so we have in essence another Garropollo thread... Please layout your vision for managing the salary cap while keeping both quarterbacks...

Starting over at QB
Starting over at HC
Starting over at OC
Starting over at DC

Do pats fans ever enjoy anything they have or are constantly wondering when it will end badly? This is like the pre 2004 red sox syndrome.

Starting over at QB
Starting over at HC
Starting over at OC
Starting over at DC

No, but on the bright side, we'll be picking in the top 5 of the draft.

</sarcasm>

We're on to Jacksonville

Let's worry about offseason considerations in the offseason.

I expect that the patriots will take drafting a quarterback seriously, but that's a matter for the draft and nothing they do can affect that right now. I expect them to take a second or third round guy with projectable skillset they like, and possibly sign a UDFA from a small skill who seems to have good intangibles. I think we carry 3 QB next year and let the two backups fight it out in practice.

But all that is a matter for after the Jacksonville game, and we're on to Jacksonville

We're on to Jacksonville

Let's worry about offseason considerations in the offseason.

I expect that the patriots will take drafting a quarterback seriously, but that's a matter for the draft and nothing they do can affect that right now. I expect them to take a second or third round guy with projectable skillset they like, and possibly sign a UDFA from a small skill who seems to have good intangibles. I think we carry 3 QB next year and let the two backups fight it out in practice.

But all that is a matter for after the Jacksonville game, and we're on to Jacksonville
Beat me to it. This is an off season exercise.

exposestraw.jpg

With the first pick in the 2021 NFL draft the patriots select Trevor Lawrence from the university of clemson.

We are 1 game away from another SB and you are posting about what will happen the next decade? Seriously, enjoy the ride man. We’ve been given a gift no other NFL fans have ever had.

this

Starting over at QB
Starting over at HC
Starting over at OC
Starting over at DC

There was never such as thing as head coach in waiting.

Why would bb be done in 2 years?
Building around the next qb may be an enticement to him to stay.

I’m putting brady at 3 more years. I think next year is much like this year, no effects of age. 2019 it starts getting a little tougher and 2020 the hits start taking their toll.
I think he gets ring #6 this year and #7 in one of the next 3.

His replacement will probably be drafted this year and imagine he gets a chance to play some in 19 and 20 because I think it’s possible brady has some issues injury and has to miss a few games.
I expect B.B. to coach a couple years after brady.
I think that the team B.B. assembled for 20 and 21 fir the transition will be interesting to see because it will show how he thinks he has to build without a goat at qb.

Once B.B. and brady are gone, we will be just like everyone else hoping we can contend and maybe win a SB every 20 years.

Not sure if a troll or not...

Anyway.. who cares..

We are currently living the dream. Let’s enjoy it.

LETS ****ING GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST