PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fix our DEFENSE: You're the Coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our team is built to score quick and stop teams on 3rd down in the red zone, i.e. 4 point plays. Repeat the cycle and grow the point spread. Force the opponent to play aggressive catch up and bait them into mistakes.

When you can’t hold up on the dictating side, the reactive side gets exposed playing a game it’s not built to play.

Both sides are vastly underperforming in the short run but with the symbiotic nature, if the offense starts clicking again, the defense will be formidable.

We better hope the 2018 Pats show up on offense because the 85 Bears aren’t coming in to play defense.

We looked bad against the Lions but change a couple plays against the Jags and we are in that game. I am not terribly concerned yet. Miami looks good but we have a few games at home and hopefully we can turn a positive in the next weeks.

Nothing is going to make this defense formidable unless we see vastly improved play by the defensive players.

If I'm the Coach. This would be my Belichickian style film break down.

Johnny Football from Foxboro HS can throw a better ball than that.
upload_2018-9-29_1-13-13.png

Johnny Linebacker from Foxboro Elementary school can plug the lane better than this.

upload_2018-9-29_1-22-19.png

To create pressure you have to at least be in the same time zone as the QB. Let's start there. I don't know. Maybe it was jet lag.

upload_2018-9-29_1-36-28.png

"Dorsett.... What's your vertical?"
"37 inches coach"
"Well if you want to continue playing with Thomas you'll have to get that up to 47"....... or maybe Brady could stop throwing balls into the stratosphere."

upload_2018-9-29_1-51-18.png

I wonder what Stafford was thinking here. "I love pressure free Sundays?" "Holy Shyt everyone is open??" "Can I complete a pass to two receivers at the same time??" "What's for dinner??"

I wonder what Blount was thinking. "Holy Shyt the nearest defender is on the other side of the field?" "I think this must be the Patriot's version of Cover 0"

upload_2018-9-29_1-59-12.png

Effective today I am instituting a new policy. No more run blocking for the other team.

upload_2018-9-29_2-19-0.png

We're on to Miami.

If I'm the Coach. This would be my Belichickian style film break down.

Johnny Football from Foxboro HS can throw a better ball than that.
View attachment 21362

Johnny Linebacker from Foxboro Elementary school can plug the lane better than this.

View attachment 21363

To create pressure you have to at least be in the same time zone as the QB. Let's start there. I don't know. Maybe it was jet lag.

View attachment 21364

"Dorsett.... What's your vertical?"
"37 inches coach"
"Well if you want to continue playing with Thomas you'll have to get that up to 47"....... or maybe Brady could stop throwing balls into the stratosphere."

View attachment 21365

I wonder what Stafford was thinking here. "I love pressure free Sundays?" "Holy Shyt everyone is open??" "Can I complete a pass to two receivers at the same time??" "What's for dinner??"

I wonder what Blount was thinking. "Holy Shyt the nearest defender is on the other side of the field?" "I think this must be the Patriot's version of Cover 0"

View attachment 21366

Effective today I am instituting a new policy. No more run blocking for the other team.

View attachment 21368

We're on to Miami.

I have to say, that was at the same time super entertaining as well as super informative. Truly well done!

Do you guys think there's ever been Boston media on here disguised as posters?

Probably... You can tell they're here because every once in awhile you'll get a strong whiff of turd stench, like a farm on a 100 degree summer day

Last edited:
It's kind of tough to score points when the personnel other than Brady
and Gronk is mediocre. Would be even worse if Belichick had traded
Gronk.

that's why the grin, it was meant as a ridiculous solution to the question.

I don't enough to be a coach. My concerns for the defense are LBs we don't have fast LBs nor talented ones. Hightower I would move him to DE but I don't think we have a replacement for his position. In general the defense must play better than the first three games and play to max capacity for a full 60 minutes. I am not pleased with our current defensive players and I don't think we have the talent to fix.

Go Pats

The solution is Simple:

Don't draft players who EVERYBODY ELSE KNOWS SUCK.

Last edited:
Here is how to "fix" the Patriots defense: change the rules so defense matters again vs. the present abomination unfairly favoring offense.

I used to really enjoy seeing a goal line defensive stand. Now they're impossible because the offense will get 10 or 12 chances due to PI calls.

I don't know the stats but what percentage of great kick and punt returns are called back because of an arguable block away from the ball? Half? Three quarters?

Meanwhile, in Thursday's game there was an obvious block that freed up a runner for a big gain at a key time and the flag got thrown but waived off.

The inconsistencies are startling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe