PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fix our DEFENSE: You're the Coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fire the offensive coordinator :D

The rules is definitely a good point.

Too often a game changing sack, big third down stop, or turnover get nullified by a ticky-tack holding or roughing the passer penalty.....extending a drive that otherwise would have been a punt.

Another thing about the 'eye test' is that I think BB employs a defense that differs from what we fans expect a great defense to look like. When we think of the perfect defense, I'm sure we think consistent QB pressure and ball-hawking DBs/Lbs. Well, BB prefers the bend but don't break, keep everything in front of you and eventually the other team will make a crucial drop or something.
BB's defensive philosophy seems to be to give up 3 points on the regular but try very hard to stop 7. Works extremely well when your offense is scoring points on about every possession but sucks when you are not scoring any points. Sucks worse when you can't stop them from scoring 7 either.

We know there have been. A lot. One [not big time] had 3-4 accounts and we outed him. Is shmessy still here? [thinks not]

Curran definitely has had an account here. Others have been suspected of using posts to launch articles.

Do you guys think there's ever been Boston media on here disguised as posters?
Its a fact.

Tom Curran was Prentice Mcccray. The account is now deleted. I think hes someone else now.

I know Reiss lurks. I ran into him hanging out at the Wegmans in Northboro, MA.

I'm almost positive Doug Kyed is here. One Friday am I read his mailbag and the night before a poster said the exact same thing. I can't remember the poster but it wasn't a prolific one.

This place is a goldmine for stories and angles for those guys.

fire the offensive coordinator :D
It's kind of tough to score points when the personnel other than Brady
and Gronk is mediocre. Would be even worse if Belichick had traded
Gronk.

Look at how the rankings of the offensive competition trended downward after Week 4 and you'll see why.

Sure that helps, but we can't forget that some of our early woes were against offensively-challenged teams as well. We think of Carolina and Houston as being high-powered, but that wasn't the case heading into those games last year. It's possible my memory is failing me, but if I recall correctly it was game with us that jump started those offenses.

Brady is so cool. He knows the WR have been rough. He knows he needs to wait a week for Edelman. He knows he's got a roll of the dice in Gordon or another week of no WR separation.

So, he goofs around about end zone dances. This is why he is the goat.

Its a fact.

Tom Curran was Prentice Mcccray. The account is now deleted. I think hes someone else now.

I know Reiss lurks. I ran into him hanging out at the Wegmans in Northboro, MA.

I'm almost positive Doug Kyed is here. One Friday am I read his mailbag and the night before a poster said the exact same thing. I can't remember the poster but it wasn't a prolific one.

This place is a goldmine for stories and angles for those guys.
Now that I think about it, TBH may be someone from the media as all I see from him is his one liners and then doesn’t post for a period of time. And he doesn’t answer anybody.

BB's defensive philosophy seems to be to give up 3 points on the regular but try very hard to stop 7. Works extremely well when your offense is scoring points on about every possession but sucks when you are not scoring any points. Sucks worse when you can't stop them from scoring 7 either.
The only thing the Patriots are preventing is 60 yard bombs. Every other run or pass results in a positive gain. The Patriots only have two or three above average players
on defense. They are in need of a massive rebuilding at CB, S, LB, and DT.

Now that I think about it, TBH may be someone from the media as all I see from him is his one liners and then doesn’t post for a period of time. And he doesn’t answer anybody.
Hes immature and enough of a troll to be Volin.

@Jimke

Fix your post.

Your post stated the team does not have an adequate LB.

Are you seriously making that assessment over a 2 game span?

If they’d just trade for Le’Veon Bell we’d be looking at a historically great team. Patriots wouldn’t need a defense because they’d score on every drive and then just recover onside kicks. And the defense would be better theoretically.

-Peter King

The only thing the Patriots are preventing is 60 yard bombs. Every other run or pass results in a positive gain. The Patriots only have two or three above average players
on defense. They are in need of a massive rebuilding at CB, S, LB, and DT.

I wonder if we will see more of Crossen and Jackson at CB then. Maybe a trial by fire is needed since Rowe and J-Mac haven't been good.

Hope Houston keeps losing and trade for Clowney or Matheiu

Our team is built to score quick and stop teams on 3rd down in the red zone, i.e. 4 point plays. Repeat the cycle and grow the point spread. Force the opponent to play aggressive catch up and bait them into mistakes.

When you can’t hold up on the dictating side, the reactive side gets exposed playing a game it’s not built to play.

Both sides are vastly underperforming in the short run but with the symbiotic nature, if the offense starts clicking again, the defense will be formidable.

We better hope the 2018 Pats show up on offense because the 85 Bears aren’t coming in to play defense.

We looked bad against the Lions but change a couple plays against the Jags and we are in that game. I am not terribly concerned yet. Miami looks good but we have a few games at home and hopefully we can turn a positive in the next weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST