PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From a Chiefs Fan Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure it will be a tough game

I tend also to agree it will not be an high scoring game as ecpected...so both teams lower then 30

Still we hv to play a perfect game to win and not easy at all...

We suffered on the road this year as we know and at Arrowhead the crowd is a factor too...

But i think Pats will be ready for this big game

I expect really a wild game and a close one

Anyway Mahomes has been phemomenal this year...seems he is not feeling pressure...let s sunday...

And there's the issue. Frankly I don't think this team will play a perfect game. Patriots cant afford turnovers. Chiefs can.

The four they lost were really tight to all playoff bound teams. The Pats five losses were to losers and they are 5-0 against playoff bound teams this season. I don't know what to make of either data point.

playing to the level of your competition......I think it's a symptom of a team that's been to the last 8 AFCC's and half of the super bowls over the last 17 years....

As of right now, I haven't gotten the memo that states that the Chiefs have become an effective playoff team.......the last 40 goddamned years have been about as kind to the Chiefs as they have been to the goddamned Jets

Let me know when that changes

Andy Reid is wetting himself about now

And there's the issue. Frankly I don't think this team will play a perfect game. Patriots cant afford turnovers. Chiefs can.

I'm sorry but care to state the factual basis for why Chiefs can just turn the ball over with no consequences but for the Patriots it means a loss? Not interested in your biased opinion, you've made it abundantly clear you think the Patriots suck and can't win, that the Chiefs are the better team, blah, blah, blah.

The four they lost were really tight to all playoff bound teams. The Pats five losses were to losers and they are 5-0 against playoff bound teams this season. I don't know what to make of either data point.

What I make of it is. The coaching and players didn’t take those games as serious as they should have. Especially Josh and Bill. That won’t happen this weekend, which is good news

As of right now, I haven't gotten the memo that states that the Chiefs have become an effective playoff team.......the last 40 goddamned years have been about as kind to the Chiefs as they have been to the goddamned Jets

The last 40 years are irrelevant to Sunday.

While this is true, it also used to be true of New England until Brady

As a Chiefs fan, I can't even argue too much with what you said about our success or lack thereof in the playoffs. Been a fan for over 20 years and have seen a grand total of 2 playoff wins.

I will note getting Mahomes has changed A LOT. And that the Chiefs even with Alex gave the Pats some trouble. They have a chance to prove they are an effective playoff team Sunday I for one hope they take it.

I'm sorry but care to state the factual basis for why Chiefs can just turn the ball over with no consequences but for the Patriots it means a loss? Not interested in your biased opinion, you've made it abundantly clear you think the Patriots suck and can't win, that the Chiefs are the better team, blah, blah, blah.

How did you become an employee of the team? I'd love to send my resume in.

How did you become an employee of the team? I'd love to send my resume in.
Ok we'll try it this way since you're being evasive. To which team would you send your resume?

As a Chiefs fan, I can't even argue too much with what you said about our success or lack thereof in the playoffs. Been a fan for over 20 years and have seen a grand total of 2 playoff wins.

I will note getting Mahomes has changed A LOT. And that the Chiefs even with Alex gave the Pats some trouble. They have a chance to prove they are an effective playoff team Sunday I for one hope they take it.

At least the future is bright for Mahomes and the Chiefs. No matter what happens on Sunday, things can only go up from there on.

At least the future is bright for Mahomes and the Chiefs. No matter what happens on Sunday, things can only go up from there on.

This is the most exciting time in my 20 years plus of being a Chiefs fan. Even if we do lose on Sunday which would be a bummer I will still look ahead more excited then I ever have before. Mahomes is a game changer for the Chiefs. Hopefully, he is right up there with Brady when his time in the NFL is done.

Whichever team employs you. Clearly said team likes an ass kisser. I will do that for a million or so bucks per year. Hell I'd even consider doing it for 80k per year.

I'm done corresponding with you. It's clear you want to bully (Or try to) other posters who don't kiss ass.

Ok I'll just call you Max Kellerman then.

Ok I'll just call you Max Kellerman then.

Ha. Well why don't you tell me why I should have the utmost confidence in a team that is: A) Bad on the road this season. B) Is facing an explosive offense in the toughest NFL stadium. What has this team shown in 2018 that says this won't be a Chiefs win? You seem to think I should just ignore all of that. Sorry. I'm not a ball washing fan.

I've been a Patriots fan for many years. How do we know you aren't really a poster from another team's board?

So just thought I'd drop in a give a balanced view from our end about the game and love to hear your thoughts.

1) Things that we have going against us in this game first and foremost is experience. The Pats have been to the AFC Championship game every year since Mahomes has been a sophomore in H.S. so that has to count for something with the players and the pressure they feel. The Chiefs have only been there once in the last 25 years and lost to the bills. So experience has to go to the Pats without question.

2) You have the GOAT and he is looking really good, the dismantling of the Chargers was a huge eye opener because many have said they have the most talent of any team in the AFC. Plus you have the best coach in the NFL.

3) overall just a really good well rounded team, good RB, WR, defense, special teams etc.

*************************************************************************************

The Chiefs biggest factors that favor them in the game are.

1) Defense, yes their defense at home plays completely different than there defense on the road. An example is here are the point totals they have given up at home this year. 27, 14, 23, 10, 14, 24, 29, 3, 13 and we average 35.1 points per game so even though the numbers may not pop out, they are much better than our road defense. We have the top unit for sacks ( not that it may matter much with how quickly Brady gets rid of the ball) but the biggest difference is our DB's are all different from our first game and they are much better than what we trotted out at safety and CB against you earlier in the year.

2) Our Offense in general, we thought after Hunt was released that it would hurt the team and while it took a couple of weeks to get it figured out it seems that Williams is running and catching the ball every bit as good as Hunt did this year. We have Sammy Watkins back so we have 4 legit play makers besides Mahomes.

3) Mahomes - I keep waiting for the wheels to come off this year for him but they never do. We haven't had one game this year where we were blown out or not looking like we have a chance, the most we have lost by was 7 but most were 3 or less. He is the best QB our team has ever had and its not even close.
******************************************************************************************

Conclusion: I think home field will matter a lot, if we were playing at your place I'd give us a 10-15% chance to win, but playing at Arrowhead I'd say its a coin flip. I think its a game that you will be able to tell by halftime what's going to happen. If Brady's on then its going to be a tough game, if he gets rattled then I think it helps us sneak out a win. I think it will be a 35-31 game either way, not sure who will win but even with the cold they are both going into the 30's.
I need to know one thing: do you do, and do you approve of, the tomahawk chop chant?

Ha. Well why don't you tell me why I should have the utmost confidence in a team that is: A) Bad on the road this season. B) Is facing an explosive offense in the toughest NFL stadium. What has this team shown in 2018 that says this won't be a Chiefs win? You seem to think I should just ignore all of that. Sorry. I'm not a ball washing fan.

I've been a Patriots fan for many years. How do we know you aren't really a poster from another team's board?
Because if you've been a Patriots fan for many years as you state, then you should have the utmost confidence in the team that:
1. Has the GOAT coach in the NFL;
2. Has the GOAT QB in the NFL;
3. Has the way better RBs in the game;
4. Has the toughest MF TE in the league;
5. Has the nastiest squirrel WR in the game;
6. Has the better Defense in the game;
7. Has the better OL in the game;
8. Has the better DBs in the game;

and simply knowing that you can never count the Patriots out, ever, even when they are down 28-3 with a little over a quarter left in a game.

That's why. This has nothing to do with ball washing, just trusting that the team that has shown you for decades their excellence will once again prevail. It's not that hard.

While this is true, it also used to be true of New England until Brady
Perhaps you're not old enough to remember, but there was a quarterback named Bledsoe who also won a few important games here.

I’m feeling confident in the Patriots (moreso than usual for a big game.). I think the team has really found their identity and are peaking at the right time. Of course, I’m sure there’s plenty of Chiefs fans feeling the same way.

Here’s my simplistic view. The Patriots went from very balanced to highly reliant on a dominant passing game in around 2007-2009. Their defense and running game was not very good until 2013 or so, so during that window I recall the feeling of invincibility with an explosive passing offense, and the shocking “WTF” times when it got shut down, against the Giants in 2007 and 2011, Ravens in 2009, 2011 (somewhat), and 2012, and the Jets in 2010. Like the Chiefs, they were an offensive juggernaut who were unstoppable on paper with all of their weapons at the skill positions. But the margins of dominance are a lot slimmer than I’d thought, and those offenses could in fact fall very flat, leaving the team with very little chance to win games.

The Chiefs haven’t had their moment yet, and maybe they won’t. But often in the playoffs the intensity, more physicality allowed from DBs, and more complex gameplans often pop out of nowhere to stump this type of offense at the most crucial time. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won’t, but I don’t like the Chiefs position of complete reliance on one player’s magical arm and brain. This Patriots team can win games without a bunch of majestic bombs down the sidelines and highlight reel plays. They are just better balanced all-around, and their quarterback isn’t exactly a liability :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes