PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From a Chiefs Fan Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Miami loss wasn't really a fluke. The Patriots defense played terrible in that game, which is why they lost on the final play.

Also Brady had a total brain lapse at the end of the half, which I highly doubt would happen at home.

Three likely outcomes from this game: Chiefs win a close one. Chiefs win in a blowout. Or Pats win in a close game. When you factor in the HFA & talent on both sides, the Chiefs have more margin for error. I think they can have a few turnovers and penalties, yet still win the game. If the Pats have a few turnovers and penalties, the game likely won't be close. If this game were being played at home, I'd say it would be 55/45 the Pats win. Where it's being played in K.C, I think it is 70/30 the Chiefs win.

Three likely outcomes from this game: Chiefs win a close one. Chiefs win in a blowout. Or Pats win in a close game. When you factor in the HFA & talent on both sides, the Chiefs have more margin for error. I think they can have a few turnovers and penalties, yet still win the game. If the Pats have a few turnovers and penalties, the game likely won't be close. If this game were being played at home, I'd say it would be 55/45 the Pats win. Where it's being played in K.C, I think it is 70/30 the Chiefs win.

I could easily see a result similar to going into Denver in the 2013 AFCCG. Not a blowout but also not as close as the score indicates. Just a game where we were never really in it.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
the chiefs struggled at home against the only decent teams they played......lost to the chargers and needed OT to beat the ravens......the rest of the opponents at home were garbage...combined record of 28-68 and nobody with more than 6 wins

The four they lost were really tight to all playoff bound teams. The Pats five losses were to losers and they are 5-0 against playoff bound teams this season. I don't know what to make of either data point.

Also Brady had a total brain lapse at the end of the half, which I highly doubt would happen at home.
But it did kinda happen again in the Chargers game. First, Tom should take a shot in the end zone. Second, it was on fourth down and he tried to spike it.

I would not rule out a patriots blow out...or a game that is not as close as the score indicates.

But it did kinda happen again in the Chargers game. First, Tom should take a shot in the end zone. Second, it was on fourth down and he tried to spike it.

That was more on the receivers fault (was it White?) for not getting out of bounds.

IMHO, the Chiefs are very similar to the 2007 Patriots. They both relied on the big plays on the field too much. Take away those ,they both struggled.

That was more on the receivers fault (was it White?) for not getting out of bounds.
Dorset tried to get out of the bound but was ruled as going backwards. Still Tom Brady struggles a bit in two minutes offense this year. "A bit" I mean mightily compared to other years.

IMHO, the Chiefs are very similar to the 2007 Patriots. They both relied on the big plays on the field too much. Take away those ,they both struggled.

But where is the 07 Giants team in this postseason? There are no Strahan, Tuck, Umenyora, Alford, or Pierce's on one team together. Closets would be maybe the Rams. But their back end is worse then the 07 Giants back end was. Chiefs remind me of the 2013 Broncos on offense. But again, there is no Seahawks type defence around that can stop them imo.

If Mahomes gets a high ankle sprain near the start of the game then maybe it’ll play out similarly to the Pats in the 2007 AFCCG. And even then the Pats still won that game.

I would not rule out a patriots blow out...or a game that is not as close as the score indicates.

It's possible, but unlikely imo. This Patriots team hasn't blown anybody out on the road. They've lost in places where the home crowd (IE Tennessee, Jacksonville, & Miami) has no affect on games whatsoever. Now they are headed to the loudest NFL stadium. I just haven't seen enough good road performances to even think this is a likely scenario. The only way would be Mahomes turning into Favre and throwing six picks.

The Miami loss wasn't really a fluke. The Patriots defense played terrible in that game, which is why they lost on the final play.

Yeah because scoring 3 points in one entire halftime against the fearsome Miami Dolphins definitely means the offense didn't have an even worse game than the defense.

That was on Dorsett.

I hope neither team scores more than 24. I'm tired of all the damn commercial breaks. Oh, and a lower scoring game definitely favors the Patriots ;)

Just as in the Chargers game, starting fast for either team is critical. A Patriots lead by two possessions will control the clock on the offense. A KC lead by 2 possessions lets their defense play more aggressive. If neither team starts fast then we will have an interesting game.

If the game is close in the 4th it favors the Patriots. I haven't seen great evidence from KC that they know how to score slowly.

Did you seriously just forget that essentially the same thing happened last Sunday ?

The four they lost were really tight to all playoff bound teams. The Pats five losses were to losers and they are 5-0 against playoff bound teams this season. I don't know what to make of either data point.

Thing is most of the wins against playoff teams (Chiefs, Colts, Texans, Chargers in postseason) were at home. They were a near miracle throw away from going to OT in Chicago. The final score in Pittsburgh flattered the Pats. That game shouldn't of been as close as it was. Steelers made mental mistakes. And like you mentioned, they lost 4 road games to non playoff teams (Lions, Jags, Titans, & Dolphins).

Yeah because scoring 3 points in one entire halftime against the fearsome Miami Dolphins definitely means the offense didn't have an even worse game than the defense.

Offense scored enough points to win. Defense let up way too many points to a terrible offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back