PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From a Chiefs Fan Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rational Chiefs Fan

On the Roster
Reaction score
So just thought I'd drop in a give a balanced view from our end about the game and love to hear your thoughts.

1) Things that we have going against us in this game first and foremost is experience. The Pats have been to the AFC Championship game every year since Mahomes has been a sophomore in H.S. so that has to count for something with the players and the pressure they feel. The Chiefs have only been there once in the last 25 years and lost to the bills. So experience has to go to the Pats without question.

2) You have the GOAT and he is looking really good, the dismantling of the Chargers was a huge eye opener because many have said they have the most talent of any team in the AFC. Plus you have the best coach in the NFL.

3) overall just a really good well rounded team, good RB, WR, defense, special teams etc.

*************************************************************************************

The Chiefs biggest factors that favor them in the game are.

1) Defense, yes their defense at home plays completely different than there defense on the road. An example is here are the point totals they have given up at home this year. 27, 14, 23, 10, 14, 24, 29, 3, 13 and we average 35.1 points per game so even though the numbers may not pop out, they are much better than our road defense. We have the top unit for sacks ( not that it may matter much with how quickly Brady gets rid of the ball) but the biggest difference is our DB's are all different from our first game and they are much better than what we trotted out at safety and CB against you earlier in the year.

2) Our Offense in general, we thought after Hunt was released that it would hurt the team and while it took a couple of weeks to get it figured out it seems that Williams is running and catching the ball every bit as good as Hunt did this year. We have Sammy Watkins back so we have 4 legit play makers besides Mahomes.

3) Mahomes - I keep waiting for the wheels to come off this year for him but they never do. We haven't had one game this year where we were blown out or not looking like we have a chance, the most we have lost by was 7 but most were 3 or less. He is the best QB our team has ever had and its not even close.
******************************************************************************************

Conclusion: I think home field will matter a lot, if we were playing at your place I'd give us a 10-15% chance to win, but playing at Arrowhead I'd say its a coin flip. I think its a game that you will be able to tell by halftime what's going to happen. If Brady's on then its going to be a tough game, if he gets rattled then I think it helps us sneak out a win. I think it will be a 35-31 game either way, not sure who will win but even with the cold they are both going into the 30's.

That was entirely too rational, lol.
From this side of the fence it's hard to argue any of it at any depth other than the idea of Brady being rattled. It should be a helluva game and it's the best possible AFCCG a fan of the game could ask for, even if some of us would prefer it was being held a bit further to the northeast. The weather is getting way too much play with some fans and all of the media, these are two outdoor teams and real football is played outdoors

There is zero way your offense is better now than with Hunt. The stats don't support that either. Williams is a good, young back. But he ain't Hunt. He's not giving you what Hunt gave you in the passing game or in pass-pro. But he could still hurt us... especially if Reid designs dives to attack our biggest weakness on D - our DTs. The Chargers, for whatever reason, did not seem interested in that at all and instead bounced runs to the outside on counters and tosses that played into our hands. Plus Hunt killed us whenever we played. The Pats now do not have to account for him anymore and did a pretty good job of keeping Kelce contained the first time around even with Hunt.

Conclusion: I think home field will matter a lot, if we were playing at your place I'd give us a 10-15% chance to win, but playing at Arrowhead I'd say its a coin flip. I think its a game that you will be able to tell by halftime what's going to happen. If Brady's on then its going to be a tough game, if he gets rattled then I think it helps us sneak out a win. I think it will be a 35-31 game either way, not sure who will win but even with the cold they are both going into the 30's.

This sounds too charitable towards the Patriots, IMO. But, 35-31 going either way should make for some exciting television.

Thanks for your post.

I'm not saying Williams is as good as Hunt but looking at his stats but more importantly the eye test I'd say he is every bit of 85-90% of Hunt. The guy is a solid runner but can catch as good as Hunt and in our offense that's very important. But Sammy looks like he is back to 90% plus health which is great, then you throw in Hill and Kelce and its a pretty solid offense. Again I think its hard to bet against the Pats until the actually beat them in a game that matters. Should be fun.

I'm not saying Williams is as good as Hunt but looking at his stats but more importantly the eye test I'd say he is every bit of 85-90% of Hunt.

The difference in the performance between Williams and Hunt will become more obvious the more difficult the situation is.

Running through well blocked bodies ? Easy to look as dynamic. Being able to catch a wheel route perfectly while maintaining top speed to not be tackled right after the catch ? More likely to show the difference between the two.

I think the game will be in the 20s. Freezing weather/wind/Patriots trying to run clock. I think the Chiefs are big favorites.

the chiefs struggled at home against the only decent teams they played......lost to the chargers and needed OT to beat the ravens......the rest of the opponents at home were garbage...combined record of 28-68 and nobody with more than 6 wins

Last edited:
But really, how high is that bar? (JK) :D
715208f10f08d77bc9a0d3cff590b234_w200.gif

no comment.

the chiefs struggled at home against the only decent teams they played......lost to the chargers and needed OT to beat the ravens......the rest of the opponents at home were garbage

Cool. And the Pats played like a juggernaut against all of the bottom feeder teams they played against on the road.

Oh wait, they lost embarrassingly to 5 of them.

Or does that not matter now that we’re in the playoffs now? Then the Chiefs record no longer matters either.

Cool. And the Pats played like a juggernaut against all of the bottom feeder teams they played against on the road.

Or does that not matter now that we’re in the playoffs now? Then the Chiefs record no longer matters either.

Well to be fair the Miami loss was a fluke but true they sucked in the other 4 games they lost and sucked badly.

Or does that not matter now that we’re in the playoffs now?

This is the real question. I was fooled by the Patriots beating the Vikings with ease...but then Miami and the Steelers happened. Which Patriots team shows up? I've never seen so many unforced Patriots penalties (pre-snap penalties) than I did in Pittsburgh. Will that happen this week in a more inhospitable place to play? Will Cannon have a bunch of false starts? I don't know.

This game could go either way, but at the Chargers game made me feel better about this game.

Well to be fair the Miami loss was a fluke but true they sucked in the other 4 games they lost and sucked badly.

The Miami loss wasn't really a fluke. The Patriots defense played terrible in that game, which is why they lost on the final play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back