PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Friend of mine thinks the Titans have a better shot than the Jaguars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans can win. Do not take for granted that the Patriots will win this game.

I'd probably give the Jaguars a better shot, but who really knows.

Of course they COULD win. I COULD also lead a horde into Northern England and sack York. Will either situation happen? More than likely not.

Can't comprehend that
He's no friend of yours! Kidding aside, I can't see it, unless Brady is really off and/or gets no protection. The Titans supposedly have a very good front seven, good at getting pressure up the middle and they've been lauded for getting 43 sacks this season. And yet, our supposedly weak front 7 (or I guess weak D overall) has 42 sacks on the season. Marcus Mariota hasn't looked that hot in the limited action I've seen him. Yes, he's a running threat, but the Pats are good at keeping that kind of QB in front of them. He'll get a few yards but (hopefully) won't do too much damage. The vaunted Titan's D has trouble with TEs and pass-catching RBs. How is that not a disaster waiting to happen for them, playing against Gronk and Lewis? Looking forward to the game, and the Pats proving your friend wrong!

A lot of people still see names like Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell and think that's what wins championships. These people either don't watch a lot of football or have a strange inability to observe cause and effect.

CiymTLU.gif

Yep, Ray Charles before he passed. Still kicking myself for letting him drive home.

Last edited:
Too late. I'm already taking it for granted.

The last time I was this certain we were going to kick the **** out of someone, it was January 2011 and the Jets were coming to town. Based on that, I should be really wary of becoming overconfident here. I realize that.

... but I'm not. We're going to ****ing destroy the Titans. They're a bad football team coached by a guy who has no business having a job, and their offense only functions when they entirely give up on even trying to call plays from the sideline. They beat the Chiefs because Andy Reid is as dumb as they are, and their two real weapons on offense were concussed and Andy Reid-ed, respectively. The Patriots won't do them any similar favors.

I've never eaten a Scotch Egg. Discuss.

The last time I was this certain we were going to kick the **** out of someone, it was January 2011 and the Jets were coming to town. Based on that, I should be really wary of becoming overconfident here. I realize that.

... but I'm not. We're going to ****ing destroy the Titans. They're a bad football team coached by a guy who has no business having a job, and their offense only functions when they entirely give up on even trying to call plays from the sideline. They beat the Chiefs because Andy Reid is as dumb as they are, and their two real weapons on offense were concussed and Andy Reid-ed, respectively. The Patriots won't do them any similar favors.

Their best cornerback is Logan Ryan. Their best WR is Eric Decker.

These are nice complimentary players, but they're not unit anchors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News