PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Division Playoffs: Patriots favored by 13.5 vs Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m certainly not panicking about the thought of playing them, but they almost beat us without Antonio Brown. They held us to 19 points through the first 59:04 of the game, and that was with a joke of a rookie CB replacing Joe Haden.

They have 8 pro bowlers and that’s not including the obvious snub with Cam Heyward. You’re more concerned with the Tennessee Titans than the Pittsburgh Steelers? That’s surprising to me. I think they can pose a serious challenge.

The return of some of our key players would go a long way towards widening the gap between the two teams. That would be huge for us.

Yes also our 3rd down defense was terrible in that game. They played keep away. I expect our defense to play better.

Complete and utter woodshed beating 45-10 (with a late garbage time TD). The Pats are getting healthy at the right time. The Titans are a piss poor opponent.

the titans are frauds.......they were the beneficiaries of what we know to be true......that ****head Reid would screw the pooch

the Chiefs lead for 50 minutes of this game and Kareem Hunt has only 11 runs?

I will say though if Alex Smith is dumped, I'd take a flyer on him as a backup

the titans are frauds.......they were the beneficiaries of what we know to be true......that ****head Reid would screw the pooch

the Chiefs lead for 50 minutes of this game and Kareem Hunt has only 11 runs?

I wouldn't be against that, though I doubt he'd be willing to come here in that role.

I had that same exact feeling in the 2010 season.

The Jets were a much better team than the Titans are now IMO... and they were a division rival.

The only playoff game where I was 100% confident in recent years is the Tebow Broncos game. I don't think this weekend's game is going to go like that. Hopefully it does though :)

I’m certainly not panicking about the thought of playing them, but they almost beat us without Antonio Brown. They held us to 19 points through the first 59:04 of the game, and that was with a joke of a rookie CB replacing Joe Haden.

They have 8 pro bowlers and that’s not including the obvious snub with Cam Heyward. You’re more concerned with the Tennessee Titans than the Pittsburgh Steelers? That’s surprising to me. I think they can pose a serious challenge.

The return of some of our key players would go a long way towards widening the gap between the two teams. That would be huge for us.

2016 regular season game @ Pittsburgh: NE wins 27-16
2017 regular season game @ Pittsburgh: NE wins 27-24

NE put up 27 points in both games. In 2016, the Steelers were without Big Ben. It's not out of the realm of possibility that with Big Ben, the Steelers put up 24 points, or close to it, in that 2016 game, and the game ends up being as close as this season's regular season meeting. In fact, it's very likely. Yet we know what happened in the AFCCG in Foxboro. Pittsburgh was brutalized & violated, and AB was invisible.

Same exact thing will happen this time around.

It's a huge mismatch.

I generally don't take any playoff team lightly, but KC lost that game more than TEN won it. So that makes me believe that the Pats should win pretty handily if they do what they are supposed to do. I don't know how much that benefits them for the following game, but there are plenty battle tested guys on the team so they should be fine.

I wouldn't be against that, though I doubt he'd be willing to come here in that role.

maybe not, but the situation provides for a decent probability for an opportunity given the age of the starter

I guess it will bear watching through these playoffs.....maybe brady will do his thing the way he's always done it

Hope we dont take them lightly or come out rusty like it seemed we did against Houston last year. This team actually has a decent qb and could hurt us if we bring our c game. That said,fully anticipating a 7th straight afcc appearance

We were 11 point favs over Jay Cutler and MIA a few weeks ago.
Just sayin'...

We can yada yada the reality all we want, but I doubt that a guy who was a QB with a 104.7 Pass Rating and led a team to a Division Title while handling his situation with class (by all accounts) is going to be looking for Backup money. He's 33 and probably thinks he has one "real" contract left.

IMO, he has every right to press the issue with KC and test the market. If somebody's going to pay him, they're going to pay him. If they're not, they won't. Pretty simple.

IMO, he has every right to press the issue with KC and test the market. If somebody's going to pay him, they're going to pay him. If they're not, they won't. Pretty simple.

Jete, the Donks, Bears, Cards, Skins, even the Jints may take a flyer as he's a massive upgrade on what they've trotted out this year and in some cases may lose or not be ready for next year.

We can yada yada the reality all we want, but I doubt that a guy who was a QB with a 104.7 Pass Rating and led a team to a Division Title while handling his situation with class (by all accounts) is going to be looking for Backup money. He's 33 and probably thinks he has one "real" contract left.

you're right.......maybe the jets will pay him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick