NFL Division Playoffs: Patriots favored by 13.5 vs Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
NFL Division Playoffs: Patriots favored by 13.5 vs Tennessee

John Morgan

The 2017-18 NFL playoffs have progressed to the second round. Division playoff weekend is arguably the best of any NFL season. The four best teams of the season are all playing. At the same time NFL fans are treated to a four-game weekend, unlike th

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

sounds about right....they stink

although i do believe PITT is capable of coming here and winning

I would again say that it all depends upon WHICH Titans team shows up to play. They are certainly capable of running the ball well, and giving the patriots some troubles. Then again, the Titans seem to give themselves as much trouble as they give their opponents.

I'm not overly worried about the Titans OR the Jaguars. Pittsburgh worries me more, but not so much that I'll lose sleep over it.

If New England makes it to the Superbowl, I'm pretty confident of a victory though I reserve caution regarding the Vikings. They could give the Patriots troubles, as could the Saints. But we'll see.

First it's on to Tennessee. :cool:

sounds about right....they stink

although i do believe PITT is capable of coming here and winning
Well, sure, but Tennessee and Pittsburgh are pretty much on the opposite end of the spectrum. No doubt that we’ll get a much tougher opponent the following weekend if the Pats move on Saturday night.

Lets get the blitz for 6 going!!!

#eatabagofsix

Not really all that worried about the Titans. I don't even have that nagging fear in the back of my mind that I have when I'm confident of other games.

#eatabagofsix

Not really all that worried about the Titans. I don't even have that nagging fear in the back of my mind that I have when I'm confident of other games.

I had that same exact feeling in the 2010 season.

per @bostonsportsinf

"Patriots point spreads in divisional round of playoffs since 2007
Of course all were home games
‘07 - JAX - (-13.5)
‘10 - NYJ - (-9.5)
‘11 - DEN - (-13.5)
‘12 - HOU - (-9.5)
‘13 - IND - (-7.0)
‘14 - BAL - (-7.0)
‘15 - KAN - (-4.5)
‘16 - HOU - (-16.0)
‘17 - TEN - (-13.5)"​

13.5 is a lot to give in a playoff game.
Not really. This is our 12th bye. We are 10-1 and 6 of the wins were by double digits.
Most recently the wins have been by
35​

In those 11 games average score was 30-18 so that number seems to be right in the area it should be based on our history and it’s hard to argue Tennessee isn’t one of the worst of those 12 oppponents.

I am not worried about Pittsburgh. We match up well with them. Can't overlook the titans and hopefully they won't.
I’m certainly not panicking about the thought of playing them, but they almost beat us without Antonio Brown. They held us to 19 points through the first 59:04 of the game, and that was with a joke of a rookie CB replacing Joe Haden.

They have 8 pro bowlers and that’s not including the obvious snub with Cam Heyward. You’re more concerned with the Tennessee Titans than the Pittsburgh Steelers? That’s surprising to me. I think they can pose a serious challenge.

The return of some of our key players would go a long way towards widening the gap between the two teams. That would be huge for us.

First of all, any team that has made it this far is capable of winning in the Divisional round, so "We're on to Tennessee." I'm sure the Pats are planning on playing 60 minutes on Sunday!

That said, the one team I don't want nuthin' to do with is the Tom Coughlin-led Jaguars. That guy is the only HC in the NFL who belongs in the same room with Belichick and who has beaten him in a Super Bowl twice...with Eli!. And, don't try to tell me that Doug Marrone is the Head Coach.

First of all, any team that has made it this far is capable of winning in the Divisional round,
Tebow.jpg

People were legitimately concerned about that Broncos team!

The Titans played a bunch of close games this year. Aside from the Jaguars, who they beat twice, they lost to all the good teams they played but most were close games. They did get blown out by the best teams they played besides the Jaguars, the Steelers and the Texans when Watson was healthy. They also lost to the Dolphins, 49ers, and eked out a 12-9 win against the Browns. I don't think this game will be all that difficult but I don't think it's a cakewalk. I'm thinking like Jaguars in 2007 as a comparable.

I would take the points if I was betting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes