PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent Signings around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the guaranteed money was better from the patriots, Blount made a foolish choice. I suspect that the PITT deal was better. He also would expect to get more reps in PITT.

Adding a year to a contract only helps the team, unless the 2nd year amount is very high, as with Revis. It is a free option for the team. The team has choices, the player has none.

I've only heard that the Pats had offered him a one year deal and I highly doubt they would have offered to guarantee more than $950,000. I also doubt he'll see as many touches as he had this year with Bell as their featured back.

Fox Sports' Mike Garafolo reports the Jaguars met with free agent C Alex Mack on Friday.

and the browns did match the offer. 22 Mi.

The Jaguars already spent the 2nd overall pick last year in a OL , now they tried this move to get a center. Very likely they're going for a QB with their 1st round pick this year.

Maybe a partner for a Mallet trade?

and the browns did match the offer. 22 Mi.

The Jaguars already spent the 2nd overall pick last year in a OL , now they tried this move to get a center. Very likely they're going for a QB with their 1st round pick this year.

Maybe a partner for a Mallet trade?

The Browns are willing to match an offer, the Jags never extended an offersheet that i've seen.

If the guaranteed money was better from the patriots, Blount made a foolish choice. I suspect that the PITT deal was better. He also would expect to get more reps in PITT.

Adding a year to a contract only helps the team, unless the 2nd year amount is very high, as with Revis. It is a free option for the team. The team has choices, the player has none.
It may have been a foolish choice for Blount but I wish they had made a stronger push for him. After December he had 1 TO and he was a wrecking ball until the Broncos, when Josh bailed on him. It's nice to have a back who can do that, especially with an aging QB.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m

The #Panthers announced they signed WR Jason Avant to a one-year contract

I thought he could have contributed.

I really, really hope that Bill isn't going to waste precious draft capital by over-drafting RBs
like he did in 2011.

I would sign multiple UDFA RBs, but I would not use even one pick on one; we simply have
far too many needs at more important positions.

Andre Brown - Houston Texans - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Texans agreed to terms with RB Andre Brown, formerly of the Giants, on a one-year, $645,000 contract.

Another RB signed for peanuts.

I think he could have filled the role we need for sure. He's looked good at times.

The concerns are that he's bounced around a little bit, and that he hasn't been consistent enough.

At any rate, for that kind of money it'd have probably been worth a shot. The guy put up 500 yds and 20 catches in limited time last season (8 games).

At first glance Brown looked like a guy that could be worth signing, but upon closer inspection I'm not so sure. He had two 100+ games when he first came back, but they were against the Cowboys and Raiders. The Dallas defense was awful last year, allowing 415 yards per game (dead last) and 4.7 yards per carry. Against Oakland he did rush for 115 yards but only averaged 3.8 yards per carry in a game where Coughlin consciously tried to keep Eli from throwing the ball (22 passes, 38 rushes).

There was also an 81-yard game against the Chargers (another team that struggled against the run, at 4.6 yards per carry), but in half of those eight 2013 games Brown averaged 2.5 yards per carry or less, and finished the season with only 3.5 yards per carry. More glaring was his trouble holding on to the ball; he lost three fumbles on just 139 rushing attempts.

To be fair, some of that lack of productivity has to be chalked up to the poor performance by the Giants' offensive line in 2013. Even so, 31 other NFL teams weren't willing to offer him a one-year deal for a mere $645,000 either; it makes me question if the snaps and roster spot wouldn't be served being offered to a rookie, even if he's an undrafted free agent.

Bears agreed to terms with TE Matthew Mulligan, formerly of the Patriots, on a one-year contract.

Adam chaplan

Bears agreed to terms with TE Matthew Mulligan, formerly of the Patriots, on a one-year contract.

Adam chaplan

Huh.... wouldn't it be amusing if his contract is large enough, and he actually makes the Bears opening day roster, that he could actually provide the Pats with a 2015 7th round compensatory pick? For a guy the Pats signed off the scrap heap?

People are treating this as the offseason news thread, so I'll pass this:

Kenbrell Thompkins ‏@KTdaWinner 22h
200lb club! ��

Weight wasn't his issue, but KT has gained 5-7 lbs. so far this offseason.

Other than pre-draft contacts, I haven't read of a free agent sighting in days.

Former Patriot OL Rich Ohrnberger re-signs with the Chargers.

Last year the funny man made $675k; $630k base and a $45k signing bonus.
He played in 13 games with one start and a total of 155 snaps on offense, and another 45 snaps on special teams.

Bengals sign WR Dane Sanzenbacher to one-year, $1,200,000 deal that includes $950K salary, $200K bonus, $50K workout bonus.

2013: 10 games, one start; six receptions for 61 yards
Career (3 years): 31 games, 34 receptions in 65 targets, 344 yards, 3 TD; 5 ST tackles

Sanzenbacher was on the field for 66 offensive snaps and 34 special team snaps in 2013.

Champ Bailey signs a two-year, $3,750,000 deal with the Saints

$500,000 bonus; $1 million and $1.5 million base salaries

$250,000 roster bonus in 2014 if he's active for six games
$250,000 roster bonus on fifth day of 2015 league year

$250,000 if he's on the 2015 53-man roster for first game
Annual $150,000 incentive
Annual $150,000 Pro Bowl incentive

Also a one-time $1,200,000 escalator for playing time in 2014, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back