PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fournette visiting Pats

Bill obviously likes him. He tried to sign him last offseason too. Fournette looked damn good to me last year.

Bill obviously likes him. He tried to sign him last offseason too. Fournette looked damn good to me last year.
He is beast I would trade Harris for a WR if we can get Fournette

Last year showed that you need plenty of backs. If they sign Fournette, I would not trade Harris

Sign Four-nette
Trade Harris
Net-a-fourth

That’d be so BB..

Fournette would be the first legitimate 3 down RB the Patriots have had in a while.

Fournette would be the first legitimate 3 down RB the Patriots have had in a while.
Corey Dillon maybe?

I suppose one could say Maroney, but he never reached Fournette’s level.

Corey Dillon maybe?

I suppose one could say Maroney, but he never reached Fournette’s level.
Lewis and Whitehead were 3 down RBs, but they needed to have their touches limited. So I guess I should have said something like "Full time + 3 down".

What is the situation with the knees? I thought they were shot years ago.

EDIT: maybe it was his ankle or hammy I was thinking of

Are you thinking of Todd Gurley?

Rham is a bonafide stud.

I'm betting he puts up 1300 APY next year.
I think he joins the conversation for best rb in the league this year. Assuming good health. Theres not.one.single.rb.I would trade him for. Period

I think he joins the conversation for best rb in the league this year. Assuming good health. Theres not.one.single.rb.I would trade him for. Period

If this is true, then maybe the Pats do not see Harris as a backup in this 4th year. Maybe he gets traded but I highly doubt it. Harris, Stevenson, and Fournette seems crowded to me - I know you need a extra back but usually it is not three great backs - seems odd, unless one gets moved.

Weird visit for sure....

I am good with rolling with Harris/Rham/White/Montgomery/Keene/Jonnu Smith for our RB room.

Harris being in his final year...maybe time to move on and get something for him while we still can? Say Rham supplants Harris mid-season....can we even get a late round pick for Harris then...right now I think we could get a 5th...maybe 4th..

Weird visit for sure....

I am good with rolling with Harris/Rham/White/Montgomery/Keene/Jonnu Smith for our RB room.

Harris being in his final year...maybe time to move on and get something for him while we still can? Say Rham supplants Harris mid-season....can we even get a late round pick for Harris then...right now I think we could get a 5th...maybe 4th..
Weird is the right word. I wanted him a couple of years ago - the guy is a superb and physical RB. Love his game and knew he'd be instrumental if Tampa was going to have success.

Just never thought BB would be looking at an RB, other than a mid-round pick, at this point. And I still doubt Fournette will come cheap enough for BB.

I'd love to see it, though (but I'd hate to lose Harris in the process, oh well).

I believe we looked into signing Fournette last year too.

To bring him in again, there must be a thought he may sign.

If the money is equal, he’ll likely return to Tampa but overthecap.com has Tampa at $246K over the cap. Not sure that this is possible and may not be the updated number. Don’t teams have to be under the cap at the start of the league year (ie. last Wed at 4pm)?

Either way, they don’t have a lot to spend and the fact that Fournette took the visit in Foxboro likely means that he has not been happy with their offers. He and his agent may also be trying to get the Bucs to upp their offer. He took a below market contract two years ago and produced so I don’t blame him for wanting a decent contract now.

Tampa has already done multiple restructures this offseason and they still need to open up space in order to sign their draft picks.

If the money is equal, he’ll likely return to Tampa but overthecap.com has Tampa at $246K over the cap. Not sure that this is possible and may not be the updated number. Don’t teams have to be under the cap at the start of the league year (ie. last Wed at 4pm)?

Either way, they don’t have a lot to spend and the fact that Fournette took the visit in Foxboro likely means that he has not been happy with their offers. He and his agent may also be trying to get the Bucs to upp their offer. He took a below market contract two years ago and produced so I don’t blame him for wanting a decent contract now.

Tampa has already done multiple restructures this offseason and they still need to open up space in order to sign their draft picks.
Yeah, Tampa will make the cap space if they want him.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back