PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fournette visiting Pats

I was looking at OTC, which has them at 250K over the cap not including the Fournette deal

OTC hasn't updated the Godwin contract, so they still have him counting for the full tag amount. That's a $13M difference in 2022 cap right there.

I wish every team had a Miguel. It would make finding accurate cap calculations so much easier.

Stevenson is making 825K to play this year, he makes 940K next year, he makes a cool million in three years... who cares about Fournette.

So Fournette signed with the Bucs the day after he visited Foxboro. Big surprise there. He could have at least waited a few days just to make it a little less obvious.

So Fournette signed with the Bucs the day after he visited Foxboro. Big surprise there. He could have at least waited a few days just to make it a little less obvious.

And the Patriots could have made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

If nothing else, the Pats forced Tampa to pony up more money for Fournette, meaning they might not be able to afford the next player that both TB and NE vie for.
Not at all. The Patriots made absolutely no sense for Fournette and I'm sure the Bucs knew that. Why would the Pats be a threat to pay $7-8M for a new RB when they already have Harris, Stevenson and 3rd down backs White and Montgomery on cheap deals?

Really? Why no knocks against Trent Brown who spent 2 days in Seattle? Should Donte Hightower have reimbursed the Jets for the cupcakes they gave him?

This happens all the time, in sports and in real life, people take a visit elsewhere to get leverage against their current employer that they ultimately don’t want to leave but think’s isn’t paying them or treating them right. And it should happen. These are people’s lives here.
It was meant to be a joke dude lighten up I really like Fournette as a player.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back