PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fournette visiting Pats

Could be setting up a Harris trade.
Interesting take Cousin.
This years Draft Class at RB kind of rots. Harris could be in demand for RB needy Team.
The Bucs come to mind. Perhaps the Texans.
DW Toys

Fournette reminds me of a better version of Brandon Jacobs...you just don't want to tackle him if you are a defender.

Fournette probably wants to go back to TB. He is just using NE for leverage. As soon as Brady finds out, he'll panic and force Licht to give him the deal he wants. Really smart on the part of Lenny .

Exactly, he did pretty well in Tampa to go from that situation to split snaps in a RBBC system

With Fournette and Stevenson we would-be impossible to stop in short yardage situations. Stevenson have some upside and Fournette is a dual threat Mac would have play action at his disposal. :cool:

Fournette knows the offense from Brady, can fill in for either for Harris or White. Plus he is still an elite talent. I think he would be an excellent depth signing.
Lenny won't be happy buried in the depth chart. Bill won't promise him a RB#1 role. I don't see it happening. Maybe Bill is just trying to drive up his cost to get back at Licht for the Mason fleecing.

Lenny won't be happy buried in the depth chart. Bill won't promise him a RB#1 role. I don't see it happening. Maybe Bill is just trying to drive up his cost to get back at Licht for the Mason fleecing.
I'd be curious to see it happen. He's asking for 12 million apparently so unlikely since Kraft or BB are being Mr. Krabs

So Bill suddenly decides a week after he trades Mason away to Tampa that he got fleeced? LMAO

Hed be great insurance at all rb spots but that sounds like expensive insurance on a team with multiple more pressing needs

I’d be happy with a Fournette/Stevenson dual RB threat.

But I would have been fine with a Harris/Stevenson threat too…

Doesn’t feel like a glaring need

I’d be happy with a Fournette/Stevenson dual RB threat.

But I would have been fine with a Harris/Stevenson threat too…

Doesn’t feel like a glaring need
Agree. Harris/Stevenson were graded in the top 10. Lenny was at #21. RB doesn't seem to be a position of need especially with White coming back.

Agree. Harris/Stevenson were graded in the top 10. Lenny was at #21. RB doesn't seem to be a position of need especially with White coming back.
As good as he is in the passing game, you don't want white getting a lot of carries, especially after his injury. Gonna split carries between at least 2 backs. Bolden's gone.

If we can rely on Harris and Stevenson to be completely healthy throughout every game this season, then we don't need another rb. I don't think that will be the case.

I don't think you can count on White coming back and being what he was.

I think Fournette is really good. I don't see the fit here unless there is an injury or Harris is dealt. If the Pats are dealing Harris they better be getting a good return. I don't think bringing in Fournette to replace Harris is a good idea unless the return for Harris is substantial.

I don't think you can count on White coming back and being what he was.
Have to think if James White is even back to half of what he was: we have a good third down RB his numbers with Brady are ridiculously good. C'mon Mac tap into the well there's water still there. :cool:

Last edited:
I think Fournette is really good. I don't see the fit here unless there is an injury or Harris is dealt. If the Pats are dealing Harris they better be getting a good return. I don't think bringing in Fournette to replace Harris is a good idea unless the return for Harris is substantial.
I don't think the returns for Harris would be more than a Third back.

Have to think if James White is even back to half of what he was: we have good third down RB his numbers with Brady are ridiculously good. C'mon Mac tap into the well there's water still there. :cool:
Love Sweet Feet but 30yo RB coming off a major injury is significant. If he can give them 200-300 snaps and 40 catches and pick up some key 3rd downs i'll be happy.

He's got bricks for hands but overall he's a solid RB. I don't think the Patriots need him. RB is really the one spot where they're all set. I'll be surprised if Fournette doesn't end up resigning with Tampa Bay where he's been a great fit.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back