PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fournette visiting Pats

Mason wasn't a fleecing. That was his value in the market. Very good guard and also 29 years old owed $15M over the last two years of his contract. Reports were that multiple teams had a look and if that was the best they could do then to me that says teams don't think he's as good as we all think he is.

Last edited:
Have to think if James White is even back to half of what he was: we have good third down RB his numbers with Brady are ridiculously good. C'mon Mac tap into the well there's water still there. :cool:

If White is healthy, there's no doubt Mac will use him. In the two full games White did play last year he had 12 catches. That would put him on a pace for about 100 in a 17 game season. Obviously a small sample size, but it shows that Mac was very much able to find and utilize White when he had him.

Fournette reminds me of a better version of Brandon Jacobs...you just don't want to tackle him if you are a defender.

Fournette probably wants to go back to TB. He is just using NE for leverage. As soon as Brady finds out, he'll panic and force Licht to give him the deal he wants. Really smart on the part of Lenny .
I’m terrified he goes to the Bils.

Mason wasn't a fleecing. That was his value in the market. Very good guard and also 29 years old owed $15M over the last two years of his contract. Reports were that multiple teams were interested and if that was the best they could do then to me that says teams don't think he's as good as we all think he is.
Yea maybe so. If the trade was to release cap space to re-sign Brown then I understand it better. Still weak at OL depth though. I would've rather found other ways to make cap space available. Mason is a top 5 guard.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
He's got bricks for hands but overall he's a solid RB. I don't think the Patriots need him. RB is really the one spot where they're all set. I'll be surprised if Fournette doesn't end up resigning with Tampa Bay where he's been a great fit.
Who has brick for hands, Fournette? He has a higher catch % than James White. Not by much and White has a larger sample, but a catch % over 75% is pretty damn good.

Stop feeding our rivals. :rofl:
Nah it’s just I was talking with my bro Kevin and we both said Allen would be terrifying with Fourtnette in the backfield on third and short distance.
Both are a load to take down.
The option play would be even more deadly.

is it weird that despite putting up really good numbers the Jags released him and now the Bucs too? Lots of rumours at the Jags about players wanting him gone and being an awful teamate

is it weird that despite putting up really good numbers the Jags released him and now the Bucs too? Lots of rumours at the Jags about players wanting him gone and being an awful teamate
He's a UFA not released. I'm sure Bucs would love to have him back.

Jason Licht, when asked if there's a chance Playoff Lenny could be back: "I'd say we'll continue talks with a lot of our players and we'll do the best we can, and we'd love to have Leonard back."

Love Sweet Feet but 30yo RB coming off a major injury is significant. If he can give them 200-300 snaps and 40 catches and pick up some key 3rd downs i'll be happy.
Agreed. Still, a healthy White at any age is a massive upgrade over having to force Bolden into catching hb duties, which only worked against crap teams like the Jets.

Mason wasn't a fleecing. That was his value in the market. Very good guard and also 29 years old owed $15M over the last two years of his contract. Reports were that multiple teams had a look and if that was the best they could do then to me that says teams don't think he's as good as we all think he is.
Man, idk. Age 29 is still great, especially at Guard, and with 2 cap friendly years left (well below what he'd cost in the open market today).

If the deal had happened in reverse we'd be raving about how we got a pro bowl caliber player with 2 years of team control for nothing. We'd inevitably have several posters doing the "chess vs checkers" cliche that makes me want to strangle every last one of them in their sleep... But that's a separate issue.

Who has brick for hands, Fournette? He has a higher catch % than James White. Not by much and White has a larger sample, but a catch % over 75% is pretty damn good.
Well, most RBs have a high catch% because their targets are generally a shorter distance. I like Fournette, he can play all three downs (so I overstated my point), but I don't think he's ideal as a pass catcher. Tampa Bay tried Gio Bernard in that role but it wasn't working or he was injured. They also may have missed on a draft pick for that role (Ke'Shawn Vaughn).

If the Patriots sign Fournette then I don't think he'll see a lot of targets. If healthy White should resume that role. I also want to see more of Stevenson in the passing game.

Given the wages fournette would want would we go with Harris, Rham, White and Fournette? Seems like overkill at the position to me.

Fournett is a weapon. I'd love to have him on the Pats.

Well, most RBs have a high catch% because their targets are generally a shorter distance. I like Fournette, he can play all three downs (so I overstated my point), but I don't think he's ideal as a pass catcher. Tampa Bay tried Gio Bernard in that role but it wasn't working or he was injured. They also may have missed on a draft pick for that role (Ke'Shawn Vaughn).

If the Patriots sign Fournette then I don't think he'll see a lot of targets. If healthy White should resume that role. I also want to see more of Stevenson in the passing game.
If they sign Fournette, I think it’s a pretty done deal that Harris is gone. I’d be pretty surprised though. I wouldn’t be shocked if Bill is using Fournette for contract leverage over Harris or Fournette using Bill for leverage over the Bucs. I absolutely love Harris, but I’d be lying if when he was on the field I didn’t immediately think run. Similar how to when White is on the field I think draw or pass depending on the situation. Fournette and Rham would complement each other very well imo, and make the offense less one dimensional. Idk, I can see it from both sides I guess.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
Back