PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Pats WR Terry Glenn killed in car crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that he hit a jersey barrier that was used as a divider to an entrance into a carpool type lane. Amazing that his fiance survived such an accident.

no no no no...riposa in pace...

Much too young to die.

He was a very talented receiver.

RIP

Our last first round pick used on a WR I believe. RIP Terry thanks for the incredible memories

The year of the 1-2 fail, was it Jackson then Maroney or vice versa?

As a teenager growing up, for me it was Grogan’s Heroes... we sniffed relevance in my young adulthood, when in 85 I learned the difference b/w losing in the playoffs and losing a SB. But the Drew/Glenn/Curtis Martin years seeded my mind with “just a missing piece or two... we could be the next... nah, don’t get your hopes up.”

But yeah the Glenn years were when I started to really believe (although I was convinced that Drew was as good as it was going to get at QB... after the Eason-like parade of omg, can u blame me?)

As a teenager growing up, for me it was Grogan’s Heroes... we sniffed relevance in my young adulthood, when in 85 I learned the difference b/w losing in the playoffs and losing a SB. But the Drew/Glenn/Curtis Martin years seeded my mind with “just a missing piece or two... we could be the next... nah, don’t get your hopes up.”

But yeah the Glenn years were when I started to really believe (although I was convinced that Drew was as good as it was going to get at QB... after the Eason-like parade of omg, can u blame me?)

To this day, I still maintain that they were a more talented team than the Packers team that beat them in the SuperBowl. I blame mainly Parcells for that loss. I will never forgive him. Especially since he stole Curtis Martin from us with that sleazy poison pill contract. He is an overrated scumbag.

To this day, I still maintain that they were a more talented team than the Packers team that beat them in the SuperBowl. I blame mainly Parcells for that loss. I will never forgive him. Especially since he stole Curtis Martin from us with that sleazy poison pill contract. He is an overrated scumbag.

And Desmond Howard.

As for Curtis and the poison pill, I was just amazed at how easily we went out and got a young superstar in the making in Robert Edwards, until the treacherous sand of Hawaii played its nasty little trick.

He might be one of my all time favorite Patriots for working for as much time as we could give him... then fighting back to make a dent in one game as a Lolphin... then carving out a career for himself in Canada. You get a break like that injury and nobody can blame you for going into insurance sales or the restaurant business or something. He just said to himself, okay, now my level is the CFL. So be it... You have to admire his persistence and love for the game.

Much too young to die.

He was a very talented receiver.

RIP

In terms of raw talent Glenn was the second most gifted receiver the Patriots have ever had. Second only to Randy Moss.

And Desmond Howard.

As for Curtis and the poison pill, I was just amazed at how easily we went out and got a young superstar in the making in Robert Edwards, until the treacherous sand of Hawaii played its nasty little trick.

He might be one of my all time favorite Patriots for working for as much time as we could give him... then fighting back to make a dent in one game as a Lolphin... then carving out a career for himself in Canada. You get a break like that injury and nobody can blame you for going into insurance sales or the restaurant business or something. He just said to himself, okay, now my level is the CFL. So be it... You have to admire his persistence and love for the game.

Much appreciation for Drew coming on board to be part of the huge Patriot turnaround, however, I put the loss also on Drew. Plain and simple we needed a better performance from him to win that SB.

Also, if memory serves me, I put the loss on allowing multiple big plays. Giving up multiple big plays often portends bad outcomes.

Much appreciation for Drew coming on board to be part of the huge Patriot turnaround, however, I put the loss also on Drew. Plain and simple we needed a better performance from him to win that SB.

Also, if memory serves me, I put the loss on allowing multiple big plays. Giving up multiple big plays often portends bad outcomes.
4 picks by Bledsoe + big plays+ great returns from Desmond Howard. Plus, Parcells had one foot out the door. Bad day. Glad we were able to break the New Orleans SB jinx 5 yrs later.

Never forget my Steeler fans leaving choking sounds on my answering machine after the game, due to Drew’s lousy performance. Every matchup from the 2001 AFCCG has given me moments where I considered a revenge message or two or three or ten, but I’ve taken the high road and kept my thoughts to myself (so far.)

In terms of raw talent Glenn was the second most gifted receiver the Patriots have ever had. Second only to Randy Moss.
Probably, although Fryar was pretty talented, too.

Fryar was the #1 pick in the draft. He was monster at Nebraska.

Probably, although Fryar was pretty talented, too.

Fryar was the #1 pick in the draft. He was monster at Nebraska.

I’d take Stanley Morgan over all of them. Raw talent isn’t everything (though I think one can argue that Morgan had as much as Fryar and Glenn). He was smart, precise, tough, and FAST.

RIP TG and thanks for the great memories and inspiration regarding the overcoming of grievous hardship in his youth.

Last edited:
I’d take Stanley Morgan over all of them. Raw talent isn’t everything (though I think one can argue that Morgan had as much as Fryar and Glenn). He was smart, precise, tough, and FAST.

RIP TG and thanks for the great memories and inspiration regarding the overcoming of grievous hardship in his youth.
Raw talent it is Moss.

Best Patriot receiver is Stanley.

We lost, they won. Go past that and you get bad memories of "I said I'd bring a championship to New England, and that's exactly what I did" and **** like that.

We lost, they won. Go past that and you get bad memories of "I said I'd bring a championship to New England, and that's exactly what I did" and **** like that.

No they didn't win! It was Parcell's leaving, it was Drew, it was Howard, it was the refs, it was the 1996 assistant to the president of the American Football Conference (Roger Goodell), it was the one armed man,...:)

Someone brought up the 96 SB and stated one of the reasons for the loss. Due to boredom and lethargy I brought up that I thought Drew shared the blame. It's what the bored and lethargic do. But I was not attempting to go down the "He made a deal and then tried to get out of it. A deal’s a deal" multi year saga.

And that ain't no ****. :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back