PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Pats WR Terry Glenn killed in car crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken far too soon, RIP.

So sad. 43 is far too young.

RIP Terry.

RIP, I always liked him as a kid even though my dad kept telling me he was an ass.

Totally agree. As a kid, seeing a speedy WR out there with a QB who could throw bombs felt like all I needed out of my favorite team. Couldn't care less at the adults saying he was a headcase or whatever.

RIP!

Couple of Patriots transplants, making highlights in the Big D on MNF.

A little context for why guys like Lawyer Milloy or Zolack might call Glenn one of the best athletes they've ever seen.

1997 or 98 I was at training camp down at Bryant - before TC was filled with 5000 fanboys and fairweathers - and I saw Glenn up close. At Bryant they just had ropes separating the players practicing from the fans. The Patriots were doing passing drills and Glenn was doing sprints off to the side, near the fans. He ran right by us, maybe 5 feet away from me and my friends. We all swear we felt a breeze he was running so fast.
I remember every week leading up to the Pats game - is Glenn playing or not because he was hurt so much.
Never forget his talent, God gave him incredible ability - it's a shame he never harnessed it and realized his full potential. RIP Terry Glenn...prayers for his family

2d9b9b47883f5b3a1078381fe30d2891--nfl-photos-new-england-patriots.jpg

RIP, I always liked him as a kid even though my dad kept telling me he was an ass.

Same here. I don't what it was about him that I continually rooted for the guy despite his 'shenanegans'. I think it was just you could tell he had special talent just by watching the way he moved (sort of like how you could tell when Sergei Samsonov had the puck in a Bruins game). In Glenn's day it was uber rare to see a rookie have the success that he did. To this day I still have a special place in my heart for that '96 team and Glenn is a big reason why.

2. One of Pete Carroll's last games with the Patriots. The Patriots fell behind by a lot but when they went to the hurry-up in the 4th quarter, they started piling on the points. Scored twice in a row and they were driving. They had the defense on their heels as they were making a playoff push. Carroll was urging the players, including Bledsoe, to call a timeout, but Bledsoe ignored him. They showed a replay of Glenn lined up for the snap right in front of Carroll, and you could see Glenn's face in his mask, smirking, like "WTF are you doing??"" It was the exact same look Marshawn Lynch gave Carroll after Malcolm Butler's interception.

Right, the Monday Night Bledsoe broken finger game against Marino and the Dolphins.

Right, the Pats made a play, the camera shows Carroll motioning for a time out (but only players could call it at the time) and the announcers were like (paraphrase)"...and the Pats will take their last time out.....or they won't.....I don't know what's going on, Terry Glenn was looking right at Carroll"

Of all the catches this was a mere preseason catch while he was on the Cowboys (so I'm sure many never even saw it but it was unbelievable).

It's at the 3:57 mark of this video.

I remember this game. Some waited for a playoff game from this team at home their whole life. I watched from home...that stadium was LOUD.

Luckily a member here posted a link to the full game on Youtube a few years ago and I rewatched it.
Great highlight.

That game was great. Pats punched the Squealers right in the mouth
Keith Byars said that, although he called them the Steelers.

This is devastating. I feel like I just lost a part of my childhood. As much as I love the Belichick era and all the titles the Bledsoe/Martin/Glenn mid to late 90s Pats teams were the ones I grew up with and really stuck with me. I was mostly a Sox/Celtics/Bruins fan before that. They were the ones that got me into football. I will always love that team and those players just a little bit more. Sounds stupid, I know.

Sadly, this parallels his career. Wasted potential. Talentwise he could have been a Hall of Fame member. Now this, his life cut way too sort. Just so sad on so many levels. So tragic. Not often I am affected by a celebrity death, but this definitely puts a damper on my day.

Well, Bill threw him off the team in 01 so he wasn't the best guy in the locker room.

He was also one of the players who kept going behind Stinky Pete's back to BIG and Kraft.

He's also been arrested multiple times in Dallas.

His premature death caps off a tragic life.

Just had too many problems to overcome.

The day the guy dies you are going to spew this? Wow. Talk about having problems. Disguting.

Parcells traded for Glenn in Dallas and hired him to work as an intern coach in Miami. I would guess Parcells is quite upset. He and Glenn were close, from what I understand.

This is an interesting article from 2003 that gets into Glenn's tough childhood and the relationship between the two of them: Glenn, Parcells go far beyond 'she' remark

Thank you for reminding me what a complete ******* Parcells was. All I remembered was his heart attack comments. What an overrated prick. The Jets were the perfect organization for that loser.

RIP Terry Glenn. Was always a big fan.

The day the guy dies you are going to spew this? Wow. Talk about having problems. Disguting.

Settle down.

I said his death was tragic and had too many problems to overcome.

What I said was 100% accurate and in response to a poster.

Mods please remove/delete apparently I cant see very well today there is another thread just below.

Apologies Dagg

Prayers out to family and particularly the kids. Very sad.

Thrown from the car almost always means " no seatbelt", makes it doubly sad if death was preventable.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes