Former Pats WR Terry Glenn killed in car crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

He was 43.

The first receiver to catch a pass from TB12 in the NFL...

I was obsessed with Ohio State the year he came out. Eddie George, Terry Glenn, Shawn Springs, Orlando Pace... Mike Vrabel(!). I was so excited when they drafted him. Sadly, he never lived up to the promise he showed his rookie year, mostly due to character and injury issues.

In the end, the most notable thing about his career was that he was the first player to catch a touchdown pass from Tom Brady.

Terrible news, very sad. I was a kid when Glenn was on the Pats and I was a huge fan of his. Back then, I didn't know about all his "drama" and "diva" stuff. I just knew he could play. Prayers to his family.

Back in the old days at Smithfield training camp after practice many of the players not headed to a Gentleman's Club in Johnston RI would go to snack at nearby Parente's. Was sitting there after practice and noticed Glenn sitting alone in the back by his choice. Definitely had emotional, etc. issues. Seemed sad to me.
I'll never forget Parentes because I had a near death experience there while outside on the steps I heard Lawyer Milloy talking to his agent. Being a consummate wise ass I said something like , "Hey Lawyer, take a Pats discount!" He glared and stepped towards me not looking happy as I ducked back inside behind some linepersons.
My best to Glenn's friends and family.

Oh wow. Shocking! :( Thoughts and prayers to his family.

One of my favorites to watch from the Bledsoe era...

I'll never forget how much Bledsoe loved to throw to him. Like this sick TD catch against the SD Chargers in 1996.

That is too bad. I don't think I ever heard a bad thing about him off the field. Seemed like a good guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back